PDA

View Full Version : Airbag steering wheel

supercrackerbox
04-26-2006, 01:02 PM
My new project car has a light gray airbag wheel with black leather wrapping on it. Unfortunately, the leather is torn. I did find a decent one in a junkyard the other day, except the wheel itself was maroon. I didn't have the needed tools to remove it, but looking at it, it almost seems like the plastic covers on the wheel could be removed and swapped, i.e. I could buy this maroon wheel and swap on the gray parts and have a decent wheel. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Tony Fields
04-26-2006, 09:13 PM
The 1989 airbag steering wheel is different than the 1990 and up. They look similiar but the bolt pattern is different on the trim and airbag module if I'm not mistaken. What year is your project car and what is the year of the doner car? Also, I don't think the 89's had cruise control on the wheel...it was still on the turn signal lever. I have a black 1990 style I might be interested in selling if the one youre looking at won't fit.

supercrackerbox
04-26-2006, 09:20 PM
The project car is a '90, I honestly don't remember the year of the one in the junk yard. Any chance you could send me some pics of the one you have?

Tony Fields
04-27-2006, 05:02 AM
The project car is a '90, I honestly don't remember the year of the one in the junk yard. Any chance you could send me some pics of the one you have?

Will take some this pm

Tony

Tony Fields
04-27-2006, 04:18 PM
Here are some pics..tried to show the worst places...the wheel is not too bad.

I will send you a PM

firebaron90
04-29-2006, 01:30 AM
If you are interested, I have a black airbag two spoke wheel that is perfect. 25.00 plus shipping. You will need a shadow airbag though.
Joe