PDA

View Full Version : Vac Block Install

Boost_Virgin
04-26-2006, 09:41 AM
I am getting readly to install the vac block on my Spirit R/T. I read the FAQ over at TD, but it did not answer my questions. Does anybody have a list of how many check valves, and orfices are needed. Maybe a list of what need them and what don't The only thing I can think of is WG solenoid needs the orifice. Check valves go on Brake booster, HVAC controls, & Cruse control. Anything eles that needs to be restricked or not see boost?

Subliminal
04-26-2006, 10:02 AM
Honestly, I don't use them. I like to run new silicon hose and run it straight to whatever needs it.

Might not be right, but it sure works fine!

Boost_Virgin
04-26-2006, 10:34 AM
I am running all new silicon hose. I know that the cruse and HVAC will act funny (currently has bad check valves) when they see boost. My cruse will not get the car into boost. The HVAC controls will move around depending on if I'm in vac or boost. Also I thought I read somewere with out the orfice going to the WG you might run into trouble. Let see what everybody else has to say.

Subliminal
04-26-2006, 10:41 AM
I guess I've never had AC or used the cruise on a td before. I generally go for the 'more stuff you can take off, the better' approach.

85_600
04-26-2006, 05:14 PM
In a post I made about the EGR, R/T posted this little bit of info about vaccum lines:

Removing the EGR will not cause codes, just make the engine bay cleaner!!!

Use a carrage bolt/nut to block off the exhaust side, and a plate across the intake side. No big deal.

Also a good time to throw away those hard plastic vac lines.

There are *11* vac lines on a draw thru, only *3* are needed to run the car:

1. Manifold to FPR

2. Manifold to MAP sensor

3. Boost control

THROW THE REST AWAY!!!!!

WVRampage
04-28-2006, 12:47 AM
How do you guys hook up the wastegate.

85_600
05-05-2006, 12:09 AM
How do you guys hook up the wastegate.

Probably most of them just do a Boost source - G valve - WG, that's it. At least that's what I've seen on the Dawes site for hooking up the basic G valve.

cordes
05-05-2006, 10:08 AM
Probably most of them just do a Boost source - G valve - WG, that's it. At least that's what I've seen on the Dawes site for hooking up the basic G valve.

Yes, that is exactly what I do on both of my cars. Works great.

WVRampage
05-08-2006, 11:48 PM
thats cool I need to make a vac manifold to hold the lines then re do some of them to make it cleaner,I and using a blitz dsbc and one line off the manifold and the one to the solenoid comes from the comp housing then to the actuator,does that sound right.