PDA

View Full Version : walbro question...

tsiconquest88
06-07-2009, 10:40 PM
If i go with the 255 pump in my 89 t1 voyager, will i need to use an adjustable regulator? or will the stocker do ok? do i need to upgrade anything else? or should i just stay stock type pump? I guess it couldnt hurt to up it as im at 14 psi? are the stock 33 pund injectors maxed at the stock pump pressures? or are they not using their full potential and the walbro with an adjustable will bring them to their peak perf? my mods are just a msd coil, cone filter intake setup, manual boost controller at 14 psi. deleted vac lines. adjustable type s bov with T pipe. no cat and a 2.5 inch exhaust. thats about it. thanks as always.

1966 dart wagon
06-07-2009, 10:46 PM
the walbro works fine on a stock regulator, i drove around that way in my daytona for about a month w/o problems

turbovanmanČ
06-08-2009, 03:22 AM
You need to change nothing to run it, unless you need the fuel, the engine won't know the difference.

tsiconquest88
06-08-2009, 07:05 AM
yea i didnt know if i had to change the stock regulator out due to the higher pressure possibly ruining it. I am putting a new regulator anyway though. Do the pump, reg and injectors (once i actually get the right ones). lol