PDA

View Full Version : How to stop the TPS area from leaking boost-58mm t/b?

turbovanmanČ
06-07-2009, 04:17 PM
I am leaking boost from the TPS area on my 58mm t/b. I've compared the bearings and they look similiar to the stock stuff and never had an issue with a 52mm so why are these leaking and how to stop it??????????

BadAssPerformance
06-07-2009, 07:04 PM
Around the shaft bearing? Needs new shaft o-ring seals maybe?

turbovanmanČ
06-07-2009, 07:11 PM
Around the shaft bearing? Needs new shaft o-ring seals maybe?

Its a sealed bearing, just like the 46 and 52mm? Don't know why this is leaking and the others never did. :confused:

BadAssPerformance
06-07-2009, 07:14 PM
I guess I thought they all had some sort of seal.... did you ever get it hot like weld to it? I welded up a flange to a set of 4 Busa ITB's and all the seals got hosed :(

shadow88
06-07-2009, 07:21 PM
My 58mm tb leaks as well. It's very minor at 30psi acording to my regulated test fixture. It bubbles when soapy water is applied, but it's not that bad. I've made no effort to repair it. Mine was not exposed to any substantial heat source.

bakes
06-07-2009, 07:21 PM
bad seal on the bearing pop in a bearing from a 46 and see what happens

turbovanmanČ
06-07-2009, 07:22 PM
I guess I thought they all had some sort of seal.... did you ever get it hot like weld to it? I welded up a flange to a set of 4 Busa ITB's and all the seals got hosed :(

The main reason is it puts oil inside my tps and ruins it, just found this out when my TPS went bad.

My 58mm tb leaks as well. It's very minor at 30psi acording to my regulated test fixture. It bubbles when soapy water is applied, but it's not that bad. I've made no effort to repair it. Mine was not exposed to any substantial heat source.

Yeah, its killing my tps, maybe with my turbo fixed, it won't matter as much.