PDA

View Full Version : 89+ CB Oil pan gaskets...1 peice.

89ShelbyGuy
06-04-2009, 01:43 PM
Hey...i was just woundering why the 1 peice gaskets are double in price (45 bucks) compared to autozone down my street for $21.99, is there a difference? just curious.

Tom

turbovanmanČ
06-04-2009, 03:12 PM
Hey...i was just woundering why the 1 peice gaskets are double in price (45 bucks) compared to autozone down my street for $21.99, is there a difference? just curious.

Tom

Buying power, FWD is one, AutoZone is 1000's for stores.

minigts
06-04-2009, 04:57 PM
Is the one from AutoZone a one piece though? After posting in another thread, I realized I had a multi-piece rubber gasket for a common block and not a one piece.

glhs727
06-04-2009, 08:43 PM

Tom

You might want to ask them to let you look at the 21.99 gasket to make sure it is the one-peice. I think the $21.99 is the multipiece gasket. It has been a while since I checked but the $45 for a one peice was less then what our local autoparts place sold them when we first started selling them.
later,
Cindy

tsiconquest88
06-05-2009, 09:53 PM
i got a blue felpro from autzone i thought it was a one piece, it went around the whole bottom of the block and even came with 4 white pegs with threads that screw into the 4 corner bolt holes of the block and the gasket slid over the pegs then the pan and the pegs locked those on over them NEVER seen this and it was friggin awsome!!!! i kept them for anything i could possibly use them for down the road lol. However i did get 2 black rubber things too one for each side of the block so im not sure if this is considered the one piece or multi.

Typically a real multie piece would be one where the gasket was in 2 or more pieces and the rubber pieces would be the interlock for the breaks in the gasket pieces. where mine was all one and just the 2 extra rubber pieces for the groove area in the front and back. the gasket itself was blue rubber with metal eyelets for each bolt. Very good quality gasket. I forget how much it was though, autoz sells a few different ones actually, i think all are by felpro (at least 2 sets i know were) so technically they are from felpro not autoz.

89ShelbyGuy
06-06-2009, 02:56 PM
one peice is the blue gasket that goes around the entire pan without any breaks where a multi (which is the one you have) comes in 4 peices...1 blue for the front one blue for the back and black ones for both sides.

I will have to investigate. Ill let you guys know.

Tom

tsiconquest88
06-06-2009, 03:20 PM
yea thats what i thought and what i was saying.

bfarroo
06-06-2009, 06:42 PM
The blue flepro 1 piece gaskets work good when they are new but they seem to swell after install and are difficult to reuse if you end up dropping the pan for anything.

jamesmonty
06-06-2009, 07:07 PM
One piece federal mogul part number is OS30612T. I just checked a old receipt from one I bought a few years back.

tsiconquest88
06-06-2009, 07:18 PM
how was the FM one? any good?

bluneon
06-07-2009, 01:04 PM
so which one is the one that's reusable?

tsiconquest88
06-07-2009, 06:23 PM
um i know there is a trans pan thats re-usable for the 413 etc. didnt know there was a re-usable for the engine. I never heard of a re-usable gasket for any engine oil pan, IMO.

jamesmonty
06-07-2009, 08:22 PM
You can reuse the one piece oil pan gasket. Since it doesn't need rtv (a little in the corners) it will come off easy.

turbovanmanČ
06-07-2009, 08:54 PM
how was the FM one? any good?

Same as the Felpro, exact same part number.

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6415&highlight=oil

tsiconquest88
06-07-2009, 09:01 PM
Yea i dont see why u couldnt re-use it. its strong rubber and not a material type gasket. I dont think it would be worth a darn to reuse when heading toward a year of being on the engine. The rubber would surely start becomming dry and been compressed too long.

turbovanmanČ
06-07-2009, 09:05 PM
Yea i dont see why u couldnt re-use it. its strong rubber and not a material type gasket. I dont think it would be worth a darn to reuse when heading toward a year of being on the engine. The rubber would surely start becomming dry and been compressed too long.

They don't get hard, I've reused mine for years, its probably 4 years old.

tsiconquest88
06-07-2009, 09:48 PM
i dont forseee the one i got being able to be reused after 4 years lol. idk just dont seem like it would. is it good yes but being exposed to the outside typically the outside of the gasket gets ugly and of course carries through eventually. rubber rots what can ya do lol. but if it does last it all great!!! Glad i got it then. However looking at that link u just posted that u said is the same as the one i am talking about, mine was A LOT cheaper. like 25 bucks or soemthing. no where near the amount u said. Might be different afterall. There is a few different ones listed at autozone as i ssaid 2 or 3 were felpro and one of which i got and this was the more expensice then them and was the only one in stock.

trannybuster
06-08-2009, 10:12 AM
Im not overly fond of the 4 piece setup. Trying laying on your back and make those 4 pieces work together..ha..The things gets stretched easily and the metal spacers fall out. I ended up just using the ends and a nice even bead of silly-cone. As for the 1 piece cant comment. never used 1.