PDA

View Full Version : RIP, 1995 Dodge spirit, I will miss you

93sundance
04-25-2006, 11:09 AM
:( My 95 Spirit 3.0L A670 was totalled on Saturday. While I was racing my duster at the track, my 16 year old brother decided to take my spirit out on a joy ride, when he knew he wasn't supposed to. The Spirit doesn't have any insurance on it and he knew it. He passed a few cars at high speeds then tried to get back in his lane the last second to avoid a head on collision, and he ended up rear ending a 99 tauras wagon. The passenger in the spirit was not wearing his seatbelt, so his head hit the windshield and he had to have plastic surgery. The good thing is no one got killed. My brothers friend is out of the hospital and doing fine. The driver of the tauras said his neck is a little sore, but that is all we know at this time. Hopefully he won't sue. At least I am not involved. He basically stole my car, so I am not held responsible. I do not want to see my parents get sued though.

Well it sucks the spriit is gone, but at least it was a free car. However, I feel I could have sold it for $600 - $800, which I was about to do since I am low in funds. I just did some work to it before it died. Why does that always happen? I replaced the timing belt, water pump, battery, changed the oil, installed a gauge cluster with a tach, and 52mm TB. It had a set of 15" cathedral rims with 225/50/15 dunlop qualifier GT tires on the front only for the track. Those were from the duster, so I took a loss there. The tires had flat spots on them, So I didnt even bother taking them. Not to mention, on one side I would have to cut off some metal just to get to the wheel. I didn't wan't to screw with taking anything off the car. It was in bad shape. So I just signed the title over to the impound lot and took a loss. Its a shame that happened to that car. It was one of the best cars I have ever owned. It just ran a 16.179 @ 84.71 with most of the interior, and only a 52mm TB with no air filter. Not bad for a granny car with 165k miles.
:banghead:
Oh well, life goes on.....

j4278h
04-25-2006, 11:17 AM
sorry to hear that josh, dang that spirit ran .4 faster than my white one ever went.

if you need some cash i'll buy back the vnt anytime for $500.

93sundance
04-25-2006, 11:18 AM
Here is what the car looked like before the accedent:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2331006

93sundance
04-25-2006, 11:22 AM
sorry to hear that josh, dang that spirit ran .4 faster than my white one ever went.

That car was a ripper! It really moved for a granny car with 165k miles, and the 3 speed auto! It obviously had too much power for my little brother.

if you need some cash i'll buy back the vnt anytime for $500.

I'll keep that in mind. I really dont want to take that big of a loss though. I am hoping to find a used turbo to stick on real quick, then find a place to store the car for a while......hopefully it wont be put away for too long if you know what i mean.......I'm waiting on allegan county......... :banghead:

j4278h
04-25-2006, 11:26 AM
well the offer is out there.

you going to the track this sat?

93sundance
04-25-2006, 11:29 AM
It's open? I thought they were done doing test and tune on the weekends for a while.

j4278h
04-25-2006, 11:31 AM
this is the last weekend

mcsvt
04-25-2006, 11:39 AM
Ouch thats not cool Josh. Good thing everybody is ok though. Sorry to hear about the lose of the Spirit :(

93sundance
04-25-2006, 12:03 PM
Yeah, I try to look on the bright side. At least I didn't lose my brother too. it was a pretty bad accedent. Thank god he was in an AA body! They are tanks!

dodgeshadowchik
04-27-2006, 12:26 PM
sorry to hear about your car. :( good to hear everyone is ok tho. hopefully your brother learned something....

at least you still have the duster! :)

93sundance
05-19-2006, 10:48 AM
:D FINALLY SOME GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bounce:

It turns out my brother is on my moms insurance, so her insurance company is going to PAY ME for the damage to the spirit!!! He came up with a NADA value somewhere in the neighborhood of $1400 - $500 collision decuctable and $200 for the salvage value. Plus a few other fees. I had no idea this was going to happen, so I signed the title over to the impound lot after the accedent. Too bad I didnt take the car back or I would have got $200 more for giving it to the insurance company. Oh well, live an learn. AT LEAST I AM GETTING PAID OVER $600 for the car! That is what I was going to sell it to Wink for anyway! Well I am about to ride my bicycle over 10 miles to pick up the check! Then over 35 miles to cash and deposit it tomorrow Its going to be a long long ride, but I dont care!!!!!!

:evil: !!!!!!NOW I HAVE SOME MONEY TO FIX UP MY TURBO DODGE!!!!!! :evil:

Boogieman142
05-21-2006, 03:50 PM
well, atleast you got something out of it