PDA

View Full Version : those running DSM injectors, question for you.

Aries_Turbo
05-30-2009, 10:37 PM
I have a set of DSM 450cc injectors that im going to use in my daytona. i know i need to make a spacer for the inlet to keep the O ring in place and to space the injector properly and i can see that the oring fits over the outlet end of the injector.

what im concerned with is the o-ring getting sucked off the outlet end of the injector in high vacuum conditions. when looking in my intake injector holes, i dont see any "step" or ridge that would keep the o-ring from being sucked in.

any suggestions? anyone have any issues?

thanks

Brian

Stinkbox
05-31-2009, 05:47 AM
I was the first person to try using these after owning dsm's and honda's yrs ago. They just swap straight in with no mods except the orings are alittle big on the top side of the injectors and make them super hard to get in the fuel rail. I turned on the bench grinder and very lightly wore away some of the oring with the wire brush side to make them fit easier. Besides that they fit right in and I never had any issue with the lower oring falling down or leaking. Use the stock dodge orings on the top and bottom.

Here goes pics comparing the 2 injectors and what they look like setup to go on.

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g112/stinkboxxx/CAM_1076.jpg

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g112/stinkboxxx/CAM_1077.jpg

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g112/stinkboxxx/CAM_1079.jpg

t3rse
05-31-2009, 07:07 AM
The first eh?

1FastCSX289
05-31-2009, 09:05 AM
Brian, that thing gonna be running for SDAC?

Twisted Noodle
05-31-2009, 09:55 AM

*Crossing fingers*

Stinkbox
05-31-2009, 11:59 AM
Well I don't know if I was the first to ever do it but when I did I couldn't find any posts about this. I first thought of it in june of 05 per my post's on the other lame website.

Aries_Turbo
05-31-2009, 02:31 PM

i sure hope so.

things left:

fill and bleed the brakes after swapping the rears out a cleaning the front calipers out (a just in case thing)

install A/C and replace o rings and receiver/drier

install SRT intercooler and fab up piping to fit around the A/C and other stuff. i have a stock lower intecooler hose that will probably get used on the way to the intercooler. i have a crapload of 2.5" piping from the previous owner. ill probably pull the bumper/nose cone to make things easier. its only a few bolts.

fix rust and reinstall interior.

reseal windshield.

once the engine stuff is done and the brakes done, ill probably start driving the car to make sure that stuff is reliable while i fix the rust. ill just toss at least one seat in it and head over to the alignment place and windshield place. i also need to get some break in miles on the clutch.

there isnt alot of "essential" stuff left to do and i have 20+ days to get it done. i wanna drive it to work for a few days and see how it behaves before i trust it to go 7.5 hrs away. :)

if it poops out before then, ill be bumming a ride again. i suppose i could toss together a trans for the k car but i doubt id get all the rebuild parts in time. plus someone never painted my fender ;) hehe

Brian

1FastCSX289
06-01-2009, 11:06 AM
i sure hope so.

things left:

fill and bleed the brakes after swapping the rears out a cleaning the front calipers out (a just in case thing)

install A/C and replace o rings and receiver/drier

install SRT intercooler and fab up piping to fit around the A/C and other stuff. i have a stock lower intecooler hose that will probably get used on the way to the intercooler. i have a crapload of 2.5" piping from the previous owner. ill probably pull the bumper/nose cone to make things easier. its only a few bolts.

fix rust and reinstall interior.

reseal windshield.

once the engine stuff is done and the brakes done, ill probably start driving the car to make sure that stuff is reliable while i fix the rust. ill just toss at least one seat in it and head over to the alignment place and windshield place. i also need to get some break in miles on the clutch.

there isnt alot of "essential" stuff left to do and i have 20+ days to get it done. i wanna drive it to work for a few days and see how it behaves before i trust it to go 7.5 hrs away. :)

if it poops out before then, ill be bumming a ride again. i suppose i could toss together a trans for the k car but i doubt id get all the rebuild parts in time. plus someone never painted my fender ;) hehe

Brian

Let me trim your list for you........fix brakes, put seat in, ....OK, maybe alignment, and drive to SDAC. That should get you on your way! Bring the rest of that crap with you and we'll do it in the hotel parking lot. :nod:

And, I can paint your fender whenever youre ready. It wont take long. Its safe and sound in my back room.......maybe ill do it during finals week after I get my other crap done and im sitting around picking my nose.

Aries_Turbo
06-01-2009, 04:36 PM
lol. im going out to fab up the intercooler right now. dont worry, im making decent progress.

Brian

1FastCSX289
06-01-2009, 06:41 PM
lol. Im going out to fab up the intercooler right now. Dont worry, im making decent progress.

Brian

nice!!!

guyd_15
06-01-2009, 08:51 PM
I was reading something on one of the Subie forums that was talking about removing the orifice (nozzle) end of those injectors to increase flow. It resulted in an 850cc injector.

Anyone heard of this?

Thanks,
Guy

Aries_Turbo
06-01-2009, 09:21 PM
to remove that on this injector would result in not being able to use it in a TM.

now, removing that and then making an adapter so that you didnt have to use the standard injector O ring, that may work.

brian

turbovanmanČ
06-01-2009, 09:22 PM
I told you I used them before, sheesh, :mad:

You just push them all the way down into the intake, then I simply used some rubber hose for a spacer so they were tight. Worked awesome. If you suck the lower o-ring off, you have some serious vacuum, :lol: :eyebrows:

Aries_Turbo
06-02-2009, 10:07 AM
yeah i know you used them before.

the rubber spacer was on the inlet end of the injector? inside the fuel rail opening or outside.

Brian

Twisted Noodle
06-02-2009, 09:17 PM
Let me know if you need a hand this weekend. I might be free...of course unless my parts come in...OR we could just have a Turbo Mopar installation party!!

Aries_Turbo
06-02-2009, 09:37 PM
ill definitely working on the car this weekend. you are welcome to stop down to putz on the car with me or install your stuff here.

Brian

t3rse
06-03-2009, 02:33 AM
It's been 5 years since I popped some in (for a day, just to find out if they would work since I had three broken DSMs in the lot to work on), but I don't remember it being as complicated as it seems to be from what has been said here. I do remember mixing and matching DSM o-rings with mopar o-rings to get them to fit tight (and I used oil on the DSM rings as they were VERY tight) and then some washers....