PDA

View Full Version : Well I need all the info ((Help))

Mike_Shepard
05-29-2009, 07:33 PM
Okay well I've pretty much killed my 2.2 a couple weeks ago on 87 octane fuel (bad move) and well im just trying to weigh out my options here.. My buddy brought up doing a 2.2 2.5 hybrid but I have no Idea on what all this will entail so can someone give me an Idea of what all is involved please?

shelbyplaya
06-01-2009, 12:35 PM
it's pretty much the same steps as buliding a 8v set up. The exceptions are that you have to plug the oil feeds/returns in the head/block and use custom cam gears. When I was running my 16v I was useing modded stock 8v cam gears. If you dont mind having to make a custom exhaust manifold/DP and also useing a bigger turbo then this is the set up for you.

On a stock cal useing a stock T3 my hybrid 2.5 dyno'd 225whp @ 5500rpm and 335wtq @ 2700rpm. sadly I didnt tune it right and ended up destroying a spark plug whitch inturn led to the motor needing a rebuilid.

just keep looking arund on in this forum you'll find lots of good info. Also check out the 'other' site, it still has lots of good reading on it for the 16v stuf.

jamesmonty
06-01-2009, 04:24 PM
Dude! What did you do to your motor? You didn't let waldo touch it? Btw he is still having the same problem as before with that tranny.

Mike_Shepard
06-01-2009, 06:45 PM
Dude! What did you do to your motor? You didn't let waldo touch it? Btw he is still having the same problem as before with that tranny.

lol no i'll call you