PDA

View Full Version : Dodge Avengers

CaptMoe
05-27-2009, 10:40 PM
Just wondering if anyone here has one and what they've done with it...

SebringLX
05-28-2009, 03:10 PM
1st Gen Coupes or 3rd Gen Sedans (Stratus Replacement)?

http://aseclub.net/ for the 1st Gen Coupes.

Met a bunch of those guys on the 16th... handful of them had 16G turbos.

CaptMoe
05-28-2009, 06:18 PM
The coupes.
Even the Stratus coupes.
I read where the last 2yrs of production they were available in Mexico as R/Ts with the 2.4L turbo. What the heck was Chrysler thinking not offering that here?

SebringLX
05-29-2009, 08:57 AM
The coupes.
Even the Stratus coupes.
I read where the last 2yrs of production they were available in Mexico as R/Ts with the 2.4L turbo. What the heck was Chrysler thinking not offering that here?
Nope, the Sedan's were offered as R/T's with the 2.4L Turbo... same on the 1G's.

Coupes were always reskinned Mitsubishi's and used Mitsubishi engines.

WickedShelby88
05-29-2009, 10:54 AM
Yeah basically you can drop an eclipse GSX drivetrain in one for some serious go. Heck even an EVO engine. Can't imagine driving one and enjoying the avenger styling, but would be nice. Nothing wrong with the mitsu. They seem to hold up extremely well.

JDAWG
05-29-2009, 07:29 PM
the coupes are mitsubishi made, and the stratus r/t, i remember a few years ago some guy brought one into the dealership and it had a big rams head on the back window and said mopar power! I laughed my --- off. 2.5 mitsu V6

CaptMoe
05-30-2009, 08:42 PM
So the Mexican Stratus R/T was NOT a coupe?
Because according to Allpar it was a coupe, available with a turbo. Not sure now if they said 2.4L...

SebringLX
06-03-2009, 08:44 PM
So the Mexican Stratus R/T was NOT a coupe?
Because according to Allpar it was a coupe, available with a turbo. Not sure now if they said 2.4L...

Nope, it was a Sedan. Allpar does not say it was a Coupe, so I have no idea where you're getting that from.

The only wrong information on that Allpar page is the reference to a Sebring Turbo Sedan. The Sebring is sold under the Cirrus name in Mexico. I have the only Turbo Sebring Sedan known to exist, and mine did not come this way from the factory.

Vigo
06-04-2009, 12:53 PM
1st gen avengers were great cars. all they needed was a bunch of bolt on eclipse parts and more power to kick some ---.

heres the only shitty pic i have left of my old avenger, just before the coilovers would have gone on. I've still got them in a box. Very sad.
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk124/Vigo327/myoldcar.jpg

fleckster
06-04-2009, 01:38 PM
I had a buddy who bought a '95 Avenger new. It was a 2.0L Chrysler 420A engine and 5 speed. It looked pretty rough when he finally quit driving it and I believe traded it in but it lasted him 200k miles with no major issues.

CaptMoe
06-04-2009, 04:11 PM
1st gen avengers were great cars. all they needed was a bunch of bolt on eclipse parts and more power to kick some ---.

heres the only shitty pic i have left of my old avenger, just before the coilovers would have gone on. I've still got them in a box. Very sad.
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk124/Vigo327/myoldcar.jpg

Yep, that's the one I liked. Too bad they never went the AWD Turbo route with them. But I guess with the Stealth and the Laser/Talon on board they thought it wouldn't sell...

WickedShelby88
06-05-2009, 01:26 PM
Dang vigo that was a nice one.

dodgeshadowchik
07-07-2009, 11:19 AM
here you go. >:)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/633614/4

IMO, they are good cars... I *almost* bought one; but got a talon instead. The only thing I didn't like was how you could only get a manual trans with the 420A (in the 1g cars). The 1g avenger/sebring coupes shared the same body code as the talon/eclipse; FJ. So yea, alot of the parts are interchangeable. I know the sunroof and wiper assembly on my talon were pulled from an avenger.

Vigo
07-07-2009, 11:48 AM
Back when, i had ambitions about doing the first 6g74 3.8 (non-mivec) swapped AWD using gsx rear and awd 604 stuff in the front, since i found out i could get the gear ratios to match up.

However, never got that far. Id still like to see it done.

geffen928
01-15-2010, 12:05 AM
I have the '97 Avenger that I factory ordered, drove 130k miles, then totally rebuilt it the summer of '08. You can see it on my Facebook page. Just search fro Jeff Tanner class of '82 Portage High School, Portage In. Take a look, tell me what you think and when I have more time i'll list the mods.

Geffen

fleckster
01-15-2010, 08:28 AM
Wow, another Hoosier on the Forum! Welcome! My in-laws live just west of Valpo and we get up there fairly often. (They live south of US30 by 750W just before you get to the Deep River Water Park.) The Indy area guys are getting together on Jan. 30 at Brad Penington's house in Jamestown if you are free and feel like making the trip down to hang with some Turbo Mopar people.