PDA

View Full Version : Three core radiators in stock configurations...

Pages : [1] 2

Chris W
05-27-2009, 03:19 AM
We have established contact with a radiator manufacturer that is willing to make limited quantities of our TII/TIII/TIV stock units. We would need a minimum of 10 units per application to be ordered to consider having these made up. We will be incorporating some or all of the following upgrades:

1. Three cores instead of the standard two. This will provide enhanced cooling while only increasing the thickness by 6 mm.
2. Higher fin count for optimum cooling.
3. Built in engine/transmission oil cooler.
4. Temperature sensor ports for monitoring

If anyone would like to see additional upgrades please chime in and let us know.

These will be manufactured using original units as models to insure all mounting provisions, intercooler attachment nuts, fan nut clips, facory clearances (ie. alternator), etc. will be included. They will be constructed of aluminum. Target price will be approximately $300. each plus shipping. These can be built in about 3 weeks from ordering.

If you are interested in more then just one application we have designed this poll to allow multiple selections. We included what we thought would be the most popular model radiators in the poll. Some vehicles in the poll may use the same radiator. Please post if you would be interested in a model not listed.

We look forward to everyone's feedback on these new products.

Chris-TU

"Top Fuel" Bender
05-27-2009, 08:08 AM
wouldn't you benefit better from a dual tube larger oval vs. a triple core?
just a thought
Great idea, how you can pull this off

Frank
05-27-2009, 11:19 AM
So this would bolt in, but look more like a traditional aftermarket type of radiator?

GLHNSLHT2
05-27-2009, 12:01 PM
Shelby lancer is the same as Gbody early style isn't it? You can leave the tranny cooler out of them all IMO

iTurbo
05-27-2009, 01:50 PM
Shelby lancer is the same as Gbody early style isn't it?

Yes it is.

Turbo3Iroc
05-27-2009, 01:59 PM
Would these be full width or accomidate a stock cooler?

bakes
05-27-2009, 02:01 PM
You forgot minivan gen1&2 I bet Simon would go for it and others too!

Chris W
05-27-2009, 06:37 PM
wouldn't you benefit better from a dual tube larger oval vs. a triple core?
just a thought
Great idea, how you can pull this off

So far the only upgrades the manufacturer offered is the triple core. We can try to run others by them but we are concerned about space limitations with the L-Body. Also, we are trying to keep these affordable for everyone.

So this would bolt in, but look more like a traditional aftermarket type of radiator?

A mold would be made from the original tanks. The only visual difference will be the 6mm thicker core.

Would these be full width or accomidate a stock cooler?
These would be designed after the factory intercooled vehicles.

You forgot minivan gen1&2 I bet Simon would go for it and others too!

We will be focusing on the intercooled vehicles first and may decide to take on other vehicles in the future should there be a demand for them.

Thanks for all the responses so far. Keep them coming.... :thumb:

Chris-TU

turbovanmanČ
05-27-2009, 06:42 PM
Thanks Bakes but I think my oil cooler will fix all my ills, :thumb:

What are you making them out of?

If I needed one, I wouldn't want the coolers installed-they take up precious space, they can leak and most if not all run external products which are far superior, 5 speeds never had coolers anyhow.

Directconnection
05-27-2009, 08:02 PM
Not sure if I know how many applications you are making, but instead of a G body T-II, then a G-body T-III, and G body T-IV, will they just be G body rads, L body rads, and the hard to find.... P-body rads?

rx2mazda
05-27-2009, 08:22 PM
i would buy one for my Spirit.

black86glhs
05-27-2009, 08:46 PM
There we have it. G, P, L body radiators that fit the stock intercooled setup. No trans cooler.
I like it.:thumb:

sdac guy
05-27-2009, 08:58 PM
The T-IV rad for either the Shadow or Daytona is nearly impossible to get anymore. The two are different than any other 1990 radiators and different in width from each other. 1990 was the first year the intercooler mounted to the rad the way it does and it acts as the left most radiator mounting support.

The book listing and what IS stocked at online stores is the radiator for the 2.5 T1 and n/a application. Even though it states it is correct for the intercooled setup, it is not.

I just went through this with my VNT Daytona after SDAC-18 last year. If you need measurements I happen to have a spare 1990 Daytona rad and a used 1990 Shadow rad (both for the VNT intercooled).

Barry

chilort
05-27-2009, 09:34 PM
I don't need one now, and I know the economy sucks so you likely don't want a bunch of these on the shelf, but it would be great to know a part like this is available.

jl93sundance
05-27-2009, 09:56 PM
I wouldn't want a tranny cooler built in especially for how small t2 rads are to begin with. What type of price range are these going to run?

moparman76_69
05-27-2009, 10:50 PM
I'd be in for a J-body, I also vote for no trans coolers.

Directconnection
05-27-2009, 10:55 PM
There we have it. G, P, L body radiators that fit the stock intercooled setup. No trans cooler.
I like it.:thumb:

See Barry's post. Not all G body rads (and P-body for that matter) are the same.

So, one G body radiator won't fit all 3 styles of T-II, III, and IV stock intercoolers.

iTurbo
05-27-2009, 10:58 PM
I'd buy one for a Spirit R/T. Not sure if they are the same as the later G-body like the IROC R/T? Can anybody confirm?

Chris W
05-27-2009, 11:24 PM
We currently have and are comparing an '86 L-Body, '87 P-Body, 89 J-Body TII car radiators. We also have a '90 VNT Daytona and '87 Shelby Lancer which is currently unapproachable due to an active behive nearby. We called the pest control and they should be out here by next week at the latest. I would like to get this going as soon as possible though. If anyone has a 90 VNT Shadow, 90 VNT Daytona, TIII Spirit R/T or TIII Daytona radiator out of their car please send off a couple of pictures to me at Chris@turbosunleashed.com. Please get a shot of all 6 sides and lay a tape measure across the core (height and width), mounting nuts, posts, heater hose ports, etc. so we know how far they are from the end. Barry, I figured you would be busy with SDAC preparations. If you have time to dig them out and take a few pics it would be great.

As mentioned earlier the target price would be around $300.

Thanks!

Chris-TU

black86glhs
05-27-2009, 11:32 PM
See Barry's post. Not all G body rads (and P-body for that matter) are the same.

So, one G body radiator won't fit all 3 styles of T-II, III, and IV stock intercoolers.I know that, but those guys would just be SOL.:eyebrows:

Turbo3Iroc
05-28-2009, 01:16 AM
THe TIII rad/cooler package is the same for AA and G body. The TII has the early mounts so they won't bolt up anyway. I don't know if a TIV cooler will bolt to a TIII rad and vise versa but maybe these can be made to accept both.

zin
05-28-2009, 02:04 AM
If anyone has a 90 VNT Shadow, 90 VNT Daytona, TIII Spirit R/T or TIII Daytona radiator out of their car...

I don't know if they are the same, but I've got a radiator/cooler set-up from an 89 CSX. If it will work for you, I can bring it to the next SoCal meet, just let me know...

Mike

Marcus86GLHS
05-28-2009, 05:08 AM
Chirs $300 for a new radiator that looks and performs like an OEM unit is a great idea, you did it again. Seems there's a lot of folks looking for L-body radiators that can accomadate intercoolers, since just about every omni or glht i have seen in past 5 years is being converted to a TII.

Has TU every looked into reproducing the Indy Super 60 intercooler for the L-body?

What a great product that would be: combo new rad and i/c for the L body.

kwiksilver
05-28-2009, 07:23 AM
We have established contact with a radiator manufacturer that is willing to make limited quantities of our TII/TIII/TIV stock units. We would need a minimum of 10 units per application to be ordered to consider having these made up. We will be incorporating some or all of the following upgrades:

1. Three cores instead of the standard two. This will provide enhanced cooling while only increasing the thickness by 6 mm.
2. Higher fin count for optimum cooling.
3. Built in engine/transmission oil cooler.
4. Temperature sensor ports for monitoring

If anyone would like to see additional upgrades please chime in and let us know.

These will be manufactured using original units as models to insure all mounting provisions, intercooler attachment nuts, fan nut clips, facory clearances (ie. alternator), etc. will be included. They will be constructed of aluminum. Target price will be approximately $300. each plus shipping. These can be built in about 3 weeks from ordering.

If you are interested in more then just one application we have designed this poll to allow multiple selections. We included what we thought would be the most popular model radiators in the poll. Some vehicles in the poll may use the same radiator. Please post if you would be interested in a model not listed.

We look forward to everyone's feedback on these new products.

Chris-TU

Sounds Fantastic !!!

I would buy one for each of my lebarons.

neongary
05-28-2009, 11:21 AM
I'd be in for a J-body, I also vote for no trans coolers.

+1. Even though I'm running an auto, I am using an external cooler and would rather not bother with a in-tank cooler.

sdac guy
05-28-2009, 11:58 AM
THe TIII rad/cooler package is the same for AA and G body. The TII has the early mounts so they won't bolt up anyway. I don't know if a TIV cooler will bolt to a TIII rad and vise versa but maybe these can be made to accept both.I think the left hand tank has the same intercooler mounting holes molded into the side on both the T-III & T-IV.

But the fan mounting is very different for the T-III rads. The fan slips into some plastic clips that are molded into the rad rather than the metal s-clips used on the bottom rail of the older rads. The top and bottom rails are completely different between the the later rads (91-93) than the 1990 also (and for that matter the 89 & down).

I don't know if Chris is aware of the variety of styles out there. But when I was looking for one for my Daytona last year, I was offered a variety of rads by friends and none were the same or would fit. Then I found a new VNT rad a friend had.

I also had a hard time finding a shop to rebuild the old ones (because the plastic tanks are NS1), but finally found one and had my old VNT rad rebuilt with a new core and right hand tank (which they happened to have). Since the mounting tabs are molded into the right hand tanks on the later rads, those might be difficult to reproduce. Making repro rads for the 89 & down models may be fairly straight forward, while the 1990 and up will be most challenging.

I will try to get some pics and measurements of the ones I have.

Barry

black86glhs
05-28-2009, 12:10 PM
I think the left hand tank has the same intercooler mounting holes molded into the side on both the T-III & T-IV.

But the fan mounting is very different for the T-III rads. The fan slips into some plastic clips that are molded into the rad rather than the metal s-clips used on the bottom rail of the older rads. The top and bottom rails are completely different between the the later rads (91-93) than the 1990 also (and for that matter the 89 & down).

I don't know if Chris is aware of the variety of styles out there. But when I was looking for one for my Daytona last year, I was offered a variety of rads by friends and none were the same or would fit. Then I found a new VNT rad a friend had.

I also had a hard time finding a shop to rebuild the old ones (because the plastic tanks are NS1), but finally found one and had my old VNT rad rebuilt with a new core and right hand tank (which they happened to have). Since the mounting tabs are molded into the right hand tanks on the later rads, those might be difficult to reproduce. Making repro rads for the 89 & down models may be fairly straight forward, while the 1990 and up will be most challenging.

I will try to get some pics and measurements of the ones I have.

BarryWhat if they make the earlier style rads work with both the early fans and the later ones? Basically a universal rad that will fit pre-90 and 90+ cars. Honestly, other than a show car, who cares if it looks exactly like the stock pieces. As long as it works with both setups, does its job, and fits in the stock location, isn't that more important?
Not saying one radiator for all the cars, but one rad for each body style or if the same rad fit multiple body styles, that works too.

Chris W
05-28-2009, 12:28 PM
What if they make the earlier style rads work with both the early fans and the later ones? Basically a universal rad that will fit pre-90 and 90+ cars. Honestly, other than a show car, who cares if it looks exactly like the stock pieces. As long as it works with both setups, does its job, and fits in the stock location, isn't that more important?
Not saying one radiator for all the cars, but one rad for each body style or if the same rad fit multiple body styles, that works too.

There could never be a "one size fits all" radiator because the G/J-Body cores are wider then the L and P by about an inch. Mounting tabs and grommet pin locations also vary from model to model from what we have looked at. We haven't compared the 90 up cars yet.

We will need a minimum of 10 orders per model in order to get this going. From the looks of it so far there seems to be enough interest for us to pursue this. Keep posting ideas about upgrades so we can make these much better then factory units.

Thanks for everyone's input!

Chris-TU

black86glhs
05-28-2009, 12:42 PM
Chris, I understand they aren't all the same. I was saying would it be possible to make one that would fit the G, J, A bodies, one to fit the P bodies, and one for the L-bodies? :confused2:

turbovanmanČ
05-28-2009, 01:38 PM
What are they being made off?

I have a VNT rad here I can take pics off and measure.

Chris W
05-28-2009, 01:40 PM
Chris, I understand they aren't all the same. I was saying would it be possible to make one that would fit the G, J, A bodies, one to fit the P bodies, and one for the L-bodies? :confused2:

Once we have had an opportunity to compare them all we will do our best to limit the styles with the use of adapters and other extras incorporated in to each unit. This will increase the quantity of units produced which increase the chances that we will have these manufactured.

Chris-TU

Chris W
05-28-2009, 01:45 PM
What are they being made off?

I have a VNT rad here I can take pics off and measure.

Thanks for the offer Simon. I think we have the VNT Shadow covered today and the Daytona version covered once the bee guy does his thing.

Re-read post #1 http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showpost.php?p=496226&postcount=1 :P

Chris-TU

turbovanmanČ
05-28-2009, 01:51 PM
Thanks for the offer Simon. I think we have the VNT Shadow covered today and the Daytona version covered once the bee guy does his thing.

Re-read post #1 http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showpost.php?p=496226&postcount=1 :P

Chris-TU

Damn, I missed that part. :banghead:

I would love one in aluminum for the van, ;)

PS, answer my email, :thumb:

Black93RT
05-28-2009, 02:11 PM
Definitely interested in one for an IROC R/T

Is that a G Body? Haven't voted in the poll yet.

I pulled mine out last night, but just dropped it off at the radiator shop so no pics until I get it back.

There is a slight chance he can get a replacement...but if not I need one yesterday!

TurboII
05-28-2009, 02:28 PM
when is this going into production!!

sdac guy
05-28-2009, 02:38 PM
What if they make the earlier style rads work with both the early fans and the later ones? Basically a universal rad that will fit pre-90 and 90+ cars. Honestly, other than a show car, who cares if it looks exactly like the stock pieces. As long as it works with both setups, does its job, and fits in the stock location, isn't that more important?
Not saying one radiator for all the cars, but one rad for each body style or if the same rad fit multiple body styles, that works too.That would be ideal IF it can be done. But the T-III fan is so much different and there is no place on the top rail on the core to bolt an older fan to. You really need to have a close look at some of these at SDAC this year. The pre-1990 ones should be easy. The 90+ not so much.

The 90+ are all molded plastic end tanks and the mounting points are on plastic wings molded into the end tank assembly. You can't even bolt an older stock intercooler to a newer rad and vice versa. Everything changed (cheaper) for the 90+.

Barry

johnl
05-28-2009, 04:21 PM
I'm in.

L body.

I like the idea of a built in oil cooler though.
Not a trans cooler, an oil cooler. By that I mean 1/2" lines, not 3/8" - gotta flow freely.

Plumbing an oil cooler, independent of one built into the radiator, is a PITA in an L body.

turbovanmanČ
05-28-2009, 04:22 PM
I'm in.

L body.

I like the idea of a built in oil cooler though.
Not a trans cooler, an oil cooler. By that I mean 1/2" lines, not 3/8" - gotta flow freely.

Plumbing an oil cooler, independent of one built into the radiator, is a PITA in an L body.

But for a decent oil cooler, it would take up the whole end tank, reducing capacity and efficiency.

black86glhs
05-28-2009, 04:54 PM
That would be ideal IF it can be done. But the T-III fan is so much different and there is no place on the top rail on the core to bolt an older fan to. You really need to have a close look at some of these at SDAC this year. The pre-1990 ones should be easy. The 90+ not so much.

The 90+ are all molded plastic end tanks and the mounting points are on plastic wings molded into the end tank assembly. You can't even bolt an older stock intercooler to a newer rad and vice versa. Everything changed (cheaper) for the 90+.

BarryYeah, I would be interested in seeing the differences and trying to figure out if they can be combined for multiple years. I know it comes down to being able to do this for a reasonable price. I tend to think it can.:D

Chris W
05-28-2009, 11:58 PM
UPDATE:

Thanks to Vic (DOHCRT) here in Phoenix we believe we now have all the different Intercooled configurations available.

'86-'87 L-BodyTII
'87-'89 P-Body TII and TIV
'87-89 G/J/H-Body TII
'90 VNT G-Body TIV
'91 up G and A-Body TIII

We have an '87 radiator which appears to be identical to the installed '89 VNT unit which we had access to. Can someone confirm this for us so we don't have to pull the radiator out of the VNT car?

Thanks!

Chris-TU

sdac guy
05-29-2009, 06:23 AM
The 90 P-Body T-IV is the same style rad as the 90 G-body, but different in measurement, mainly width. I will still try to get those measurements for you.

Barry

Chris W
05-29-2009, 10:57 AM
The 90 P-Body T-IV is the same style rad as the 90 G-body, but different in measurement, mainly width. I will still try to get those measurements for you.

Barry

Barry,

Is it possible that they used both plastic and copper tanked radiators for the '89 CSX? The one I saw in the P-Body yesterday was definitely not plastic while the '90 G-Body was.

Chris-TU

Nemesismachine
05-29-2009, 12:07 PM
Is there a link to the pictures? No offense chris, but can you make your site any harder to searchor navigate through? Your menu sucks.

I need a radiator, and was thinking about a summit generic aluminum radiator.

sdac guy
05-29-2009, 12:16 PM
Is it possible that they used both plastic and copper tanked radiators for the '89 CSX? The one I saw in the P-Body yesterday was definitely not plastic while the '90 G-Body was.

All of the 89 and lower rads that I've seen or heard of use metal end tanks. The radiator on the CSX-VNT should have had the stock T-II style radiator it came with from the factory (metal tanks).

Of course the VNT engines in the 90 vehicles were designed as production models and the changes in the 1990 model year applied accordingly. One of those changes were that all models went to plastic end tanks with the right hand mounting ear/tab molded onto the tank and the intercooler mounting nubs molded into the side of the left hand tank.

Barry

Reaper1
05-29-2009, 01:00 PM
Dunno when or how I could afford this, but I'd LOVE to replace my OEM TII radiator(one of the last new ones that was out there when I bought it) with a lighter aluminum one.

I'm also on the bandwagon of NOT having any other sort of cooler built in. I don't need it, stock cars didn't have them(especially an auto cooler), and if somebody did do an auto conversion to a TII(or has a TII Maserati), there are other ways to cool the tranny. I don't beleive that an oil cooler is a good idea built in either for reasons already stated by others...

HoverFish
05-29-2009, 01:24 PM
Damn, I just paid that much to have a stock T-II rad recored. Ah, well, at least the guy did a great job of it.

risen
05-29-2009, 01:24 PM
300 for a bolt-in aluminum radiator is a good deal. I'd definitely buy one if I needed to replace mine. Once the one in the CSX poops the bed totally (It's got a tiny pinhole now) I'll be in the market, but I'm not ATM.

I know this is sort of outside the scope of the question, but would it be possible to buy just the cores if one provides the length & width? Or even just the cores for whatever sizes are going to be standard?

TurboII
05-30-2009, 10:20 AM
when is this going into production!!!! i need one

Black93RT
05-30-2009, 01:20 PM
Chris,

Are we talking about a time frame of weeks or months till a new TIII rad is available?

I need one ASAP and will order, but it seems like this is something that is at least 6 months down the road.

Turbozcs2003
05-30-2009, 09:14 PM
Barry,

Chris-TU

I have a 89 CSX recored rad, they are copper tanks.

My vote is you should to the 90 G-body T4 and T3 rad with the plastic tanks since you cant get them anymore.

zin
05-30-2009, 11:52 PM
I have a 89 CSX recored rad, they are copper tanks.

My vote is you should to the 90 G-body T4 and T3 rad with the plastic tanks since you cant get them anymore.

If you are saying to produce these in AL, I'm all for it! Not so much if you want the tanks done in plastic, I'm pretty sure that's what you meant, but wanted to be sure.;)

Mike

sdac guy
05-31-2009, 06:35 AM
Actually, the prudent business decision would be to skip the 90 model year altogether. There were so few VNT cars produced (compared to other intercooled models) that demand for those rads will be low forever.

If Chris gets 10 or more requests for them and can get that number done easily enough, then fine. But I would suggest making rads that are more in demand if any are to sit on the shelf.

Barry

zin
05-31-2009, 12:15 PM
Actually, the prudent business decision would be to skip the 90 model year altogether. There were so few VNT cars produced (compared to other intercooled models) that demand for those rads will be low forever.

If Chris gets 10 or more requests for them and can get that number done easily enough, then fine. But I would suggest making rads that are more in demand if any are to sit on the shelf.

Barry

YEAH YEAH YEAH! Some joker has always got to be the voice of reason and logic! Sheez!! :lol::lol::lol:

Mike

rich tideswell
06-01-2009, 08:21 AM
Although I don't own any of these cars on the list at the moment, someday I'd like to. I'm especially encouraged that you guys are willing to do stuff for the R/T cars.

Thanks TU!!!!

Turbozcs2003
06-01-2009, 10:17 AM

Barry

The 90 T4 and 92 93 T3 radaitors are the same for the G-body. Hence if he does one if would fit all.

sdac guy
06-01-2009, 11:57 AM
The 90 T4 and 92 93 T3 radaitors are the same for the G-body. Hence if he does one if would fit all.I just looked them up in the parts manual. And while the diagram in the parts manual is the same for those years, they are not the same radiator at all.

To get the new rad I have in my Daytona, I traded it for a Spirit R/T rad, which I got rebuilt. The parts manual says the Daytona T-III rad is the same for both the Daytona and the Spirit (1992). And that part number agrees with both the Spirit R/T part number for 1991 and the IROC R/T number for 1993. So, all the T-III rads in the Daytona and Spirit (1991-1993) carry the same part number, 4401964.

The T-III rads have 4 clips molded onto the engine side of the end tanks to mount the fan. They have no top or bottom rails (or are inverted rails).

The 90 T-IV rads have the same fan mounting as the earlier rads. Two s-clips on the bottom rail and bolts to the top rail. This is the style radiator shown in the diagram for all the 1990-1993 intercooled rads in the parts manual. But the part number for the 1990 rad is 4401674.

Whether some 1990 T-IV rads were used in early runs of the Spirit R/T or IROC R/T, I don't know. But I do know the 1991 Spirit R/T rad I had was very different from the 1990 Daytona rad in my car.

Barry

Turbodave
06-01-2009, 12:14 PM
Barry,

Chris-TU

Chris, from what I've seen the 87 and 89 CSX use the same radiator and intercooler (metal tanks). The 90 P-body VNT cars are unique however with plastic end tanks.

Turbo3Iroc
06-01-2009, 12:20 PM
I just looked them up in the parts manual. And while the diagram in the parts manual is the same for those years, they are not the same radiator at all.

To get the new rad I have in my Daytona, I traded it for a Spirit R/T rad, which I got rebuilt. The parts manual says the Daytona T-III rad is the same for both the Daytona and the Spirit (1992). And that part number agrees with both the Spirit R/T part number for 1991 and the IROC R/T number for 1993. So, all the T-III rads in the Daytona and Spirit (1991-1993) carry the same part number, 4401964.

The T-III rads have 4 clips molded onto the engine side of the end tanks to mount the fan. They have no top or bottom rails (or are inverted rails).

The 90 T-IV rads have the same fan mounting as the earlier rads. Two s-clips on the bottom rail and bolts to the top rail. This is the style radiator shown in the diagram for all the 1990-1993 intercooled rads in the parts manual. But the part number for the 1990 rad is 4401674.

Whether some 1990 T-IV rads were used in early runs of the Spirit R/T or IROC R/T, I don't know. But I do know the 1991 Spirit R/T rad I had was very different from the 1990 Daytona rad in my car.

Barry

That makes sense Barry. I think the thing that made the TIII rad TIII specific was the fan/shroud. With the intake on the front they had to go with a slim mount style.

Chris W
06-01-2009, 02:28 PM
Chris,

Are we talking about a time frame of weeks or months till a new TIII rad is available?

I need one ASAP and will order, but it seems like this is something that is at least 6 months down the road.

Our target release date on the radiators is September 1st. We are still in the process of collecting and measuring all the radiators and will provide updated information on our progress.

Thanks!

Chris-TU

Chris W
06-01-2009, 03:47 PM
Could someone please clarify what bolts to the circled nut on a '91 Spirit TIII application?

Thanks!

Chris-TU

rx2mazda
06-01-2009, 03:56 PM
Could someone please clarify what bolts to the circled nut on a '91 Spirit TIII application?

Thanks!

Chris-TU

Just went out and looked.....a/c condensor

Mr overkill
06-03-2009, 06:44 AM
hey chris what about minis you have those covered ?

Chris W
06-04-2009, 02:13 PM
hey chris what about minis you have those covered ?

Hey Alex,

We are focusing on reproducing radiators that are no longer available first. We'll look at uprades for other applications if it works out with the intercooled models.

Chris-TU

turbovanmanČ
06-04-2009, 06:54 PM
I need a rad, I got quoted $400+ for a custom unit. So with Overkill and I, that's 2, :thumb:

If we get 10, is that enough or ????????

WickedShelby88
06-05-2009, 01:29 AM
Still need info or measurements on the 90 P body VNT radiator I will have a little time as my mom's car is down for the moment. Little did I know the radiator was as much a bastard piece as the VNT turbo.

Juggy
06-23-2009, 05:11 PM
i could care less about fan mounting provisions on my L body rad....i got an aftermarket fan

the tranny cooler could also be used for engine oil cooler i would assume....
no tranny/oil cooler for me!!!

Reaper1
06-23-2009, 09:52 PM
If I have the fundage I am SO in for getting one for my '88 Shelby Z!!

Chris W
06-24-2009, 12:45 AM
THANKS for everyone's positive feedback.

These radiators are in the works and we expect a prototype for test fitting in July. Production models will be available once we provide them with the "okay". We have managed to provide provisions so it will fit more then one model. For now we are focusing with 90 and older L-Body, P-body and G-body (which actually fits other models too).

Thanks again for everyone's response!

Chris-TU

86Shelby
06-24-2009, 01:54 AM
Nice! Chris, you really know how to tempt people. First the Quaiffe group buy your helping with and now this. :)

TurboII
06-26-2009, 01:28 PM
cant wait!!

neongary
06-28-2009, 12:17 PM
My hat is off to Chris. It sounds like TU is paying attention to what is most needed. It would be nice to see other hard to get items, such as decals, weatherstripping, moldings, window scrapers and other trim pieces.

kwiksilver
07-09-2009, 10:58 AM
Any updates on this ?

I need a new radiator so I can intercool my T-I, automatic lebaron.

neongary
07-25-2009, 12:21 PM
THANKS for everyone's positive feedback.

These radiators are in the works and we expect a prototype for test fitting in July. Production models will be available once we provide them with the "okay". We have managed to provide provisions so it will fit more then one model. For now we are focusing with 90 and older L-Body, P-body and G-body (which actually fits other models too).

Thanks again for everyone's response!

Chris-TU

It's almost the end of July....

Chris W
07-25-2009, 02:16 PM
It's almost the end of July....

A few more revisions in the design were added since that post. The new changes include driver's side bracket provisions for '90 up intercooler mounting. The final design was submitted to the manufacturer in June and the new mold for the end tanks is being created. We were provided a late August or early September date for delivery of the protoype.

Chris-TU

A.J.
07-25-2009, 08:33 PM
I'm going to be intercooling my parent's '85 T&C wagon we just got. I have a radiator/i.c. set up from a '88 Shelby Daytona. If that setup works in this car (bolts in with little fabrication) I'll talk them into getting your thicker custom radiator because doubt the 2 core stocker will hold up in this heat. So I voted for early G body.

A.J.

Juggy
07-26-2009, 03:36 PM
A few more revisions in the design were added since that post. The new changes include driver's side bracket provisions for '90 up intercooler mounting. The final design was submitted to the manufacturer in June and the new mold for the end tanks is being created. We were provided a late August or early September date for delivery of the protoype.

Chris-TU

plastic end tanks for all rads, or just the 90+ ???? :confused:

Chris W
07-26-2009, 05:25 PM
plastic end tanks for all rads, or just the 90+ ???? :confused:

All Alumunum for all years is what we are trying to do.

Chris-TU

Juggy
07-27-2009, 12:07 PM
All Alumunum for all years is what we are trying to do.

Chris-TU

awesome. i seen "mold" and figured plastic, so i had to ask :nod:

Chris W
08-09-2009, 06:30 PM
The end tank molds have been completed. We expect our protoype to be here sometime this month so we can verify fitment in the test vehicles.

Thanks for everyone's feedback so far.

Chris-TU

mcglsr2
08-09-2009, 08:00 PM
hey chris, i don't know about everyone else, but another idea that i would really like for this:

an add-on bracket that will allow you to use the rad withOUT the intercooler - for those folks using FMIC intercoolers that want to pass the pipes through the location of the stock I/C (myself being 1 of them), it would be really cool to be able to purchase this rad from you and an additional bracket that will allow me to mount the rad - so the bracket would replace the mounting point on the stock I/C. that way i don't need to fabricate something, i can get both from you in 1 order, making my life easier.

Chris W
08-11-2009, 12:03 AM
hey chris, i don't know about everyone else, but another idea that i would really like for this:

an add-on bracket that will allow you to use the rad withOUT the intercooler - for those folks using FMIC intercoolers that want to pass the pipes through the location of the stock I/C (myself being 1 of them), it would be really cool to be able to purchase this rad from you and an additional bracket that will allow me to mount the rad - so the bracket would replace the mounting point on the stock I/C. that way i don't need to fabricate something, i can get both from you in 1 order, making my life easier.

Thanks for your input Scott!

We will look into this once we receive our prototype unit. I believe some vehicles have multiple radiator supports which we may be able to take advantage of. We will look into fabricating a bracket which will allow mounting on any of the vehicles by simply relocating the rubber grommet stud.

Chris-TU

mcglsr2
08-11-2009, 01:03 AM

We will look into fabricating a bracket which will allow mounting on any of the vehicles by simply relocating the rubber grommet stud.

Chris-TU

sure thing :)

you are referring to the upper rubber grommet stud, that hangs off the I/C, correct?

Chris W
08-11-2009, 12:02 PM
sure thing :)

you are referring to the upper rubber grommet stud, that hangs off the I/C, correct?

Yes, but there are actually upper and lower grommet studs and we will make sure that they are both included.

Chris-TU

amoparx
08-15-2009, 02:32 AM
I've just voted for a late G (for my 91 R/T) and L-body for my 87 GLHS. My concern with the L-body is any extra width may put the stock fan even closer to the engine/oil filter. Maybe not a concern since I use to use 3614 filters 10+ years ago on my first GLHS before I found out they used a special shorter filter. Had to pull the fan to install.
I did notice that there's a Lebaron listed and older G-bodies. As far as I know this should be the same radiator. At least I used a Daytona TII radiator on my 89 TII LeBaron and never noticed anything different. If this has been covered, never mind.
The sooner the better with the TIII stuff. My R/T runs warm. I guess fins are supposed to help cool the tubes in a radiator. I don't have a lot of good non corroded fins. Lots of empty spaces though.:thumb:
Thanks Chris!!

CDNTurboZ
08-15-2009, 03:12 AM
I would for sure by a stock GLHS Replacement style rad

mcglsr2
08-15-2009, 11:51 AM
Yes, but there are actually upper and lower grommet studs and we will make sure that they are both included.

Chris-TU

excellent, thanks! :thumb:

crazymadbastard
08-15-2009, 12:10 PM

We will look into this once we receive our prototype unit. I believe some vehicles have multiple radiator supports which we may be able to take advantage of. We will look into fabricating a bracket which will allow mounting on any of the vehicles by simply relocating the rubber grommet stud.

Chris-TU

or make the grommet stud slide on a rail at the bottom of the radiator.

zin
08-15-2009, 04:52 PM

That sounds like an interesting way to go... If it won't cost a small fortune to do...

Mike

Chris W
08-16-2009, 02:46 AM
I've just voted for a late G (for my 91 R/T) and L-body for my 87 GLHS. My concern with the L-body is any extra width may put the stock fan even closer to the engine/oil filter. Maybe not a concern since I use to use 3614 filters 10+ years ago on my first GLHS before I found out they used a special shorter filter. Had to pull the fan to install.
I did notice that there's a Lebaron listed and older G-bodies. As far as I know this should be the same radiator. At least I used a Daytona TII radiator on my 89 TII LeBaron and never noticed anything different. If this has been covered, never mind.
The sooner the better with the TIII stuff. My R/T runs warm. I guess fins are supposed to help cool the tubes in a radiator. I don't have a lot of good non corroded fins. Lots of empty spaces though.:thumb:
Thanks Chris!!

Make sure you use a quality oil filter like Wix or NAPA Gold. Not sure of the Wix part number but NAPA Gold is 1335. Try to stay away from Fram.

As mentioned earlier, the 3 core radiators would be 6mm thicker then a factory TII unit. That small amount won't cause an interference issue with the oil filter especially if you use the correct shorter version.

Chris-TU

Chris W
08-16-2009, 02:48 AM

We feel that placing a slide in the bracket would weaken it too much. We prefer to drill holes to maintain the integrity of the bracket.

Chris-TU

Badger
08-16-2009, 05:45 AM
this sounds like a great product Chris. Props to you!!

TurboII
08-19-2009, 01:22 PM
when will these be producted?

Chris W
08-19-2009, 03:53 PM
when will these be producted?

We are currently waiting on delivery of the first prototype. We expect it any day now.

Chris-TU

Chris W
08-21-2009, 06:14 PM
We picked it up today and will be test fitting it this weekend. There are a couple of small changes we will be making to the design before we are satisfied with the final product. We are also creating the brackets for multiple applications.

Let me know what you think....

Chris-TU

Reaper1
08-21-2009, 06:27 PM
I think because I've been such a good customer and great supporter of you and your company I should get a test version with the option to keep it in return for a review of the product! :thumb:

Chris W
08-21-2009, 06:38 PM
I think because I've been such a good customer and great supporter of you and your company I should get a test version with the option to keep it in return for a review of the product! :thumb:

Darn, you just missed it. Someone sent me an email just before your post asking me the same thing.

Sorry ;) :D

Actually I will be installing this on my vehicle so I can verify fitment. Then it goes into a local P-Body owner's vehicle and then a Shelby Lancer.

Chris-TU

black86glhs
08-21-2009, 11:04 PM
#1...looks freakin sweet, Chris!!
#2...don't you need some midwest testing done???
#3...one may end up in my GLHS.:thumb:

GLHNSLHT2
08-21-2009, 11:55 PM
Ok well I need 1 new rad for my yorker since it's T2 rad is starting to leak. And my Tona runs one with no i/c mounted to it since I have a big front mount. What's the i/c in the pics? An Lbody? Anyway I'm insterested in 2 of the Gbody ones possibly. For sure no tranny/oil cooler in them. I want all the coolant cooling I can get.

neongary
08-22-2009, 09:51 PM
Looks good, although personally I'd prefer the filler neck to look like the nicely curved 1 piece shape like the original.

Chris W
08-22-2009, 11:15 PM
Looks good, although personally I'd prefer the filler neck to look like the nicely curved 1 piece shape like the original.

That's actually one of the small changes we will be making. Thanks for your input. :thumb:
Chris-TU

Chris W
08-22-2009, 11:19 PM
Ok well I need 1 new rad for my yorker since it's T2 rad is starting to leak. And my Tona runs one with no i/c mounted to it since I have a big front mount. What's the i/c in the pics? An Lbody? Anyway I'm insterested in 2 of the Gbody ones possibly. For sure no tranny/oil cooler in them. I want all the coolant cooling I can get.

The sample we received is set up for an L-Body but once we are through with the changes and completing the brackets it will bolt up to a few more vehicles.

Chris-TU

WLKivett
08-25-2009, 11:57 AM
PM sent

Ondonti
08-30-2009, 11:23 AM
cost?
can that be made with a full length core?

Juggy
08-30-2009, 11:29 AM
whats the nipple for??

WLKivett
08-31-2009, 09:23 AM
.... feeding?

Polygon
08-31-2009, 05:48 PM
I would be very interested in one of these for my LeBaron.

4cefedomni
09-01-2009, 01:51 AM
Hey Chris that L-body one is that for use with an intercooler in the stock location?

Chris W
09-01-2009, 11:31 AM
Hey Chris that L-body one is that for use with an intercooler in the stock location?

Yes it is.

Chris-TU

minigts
09-01-2009, 01:19 PM
whats the nipple for??

.... feeding?

Two way tie for funniest quote today.

Chris, you need to take the swingvalves to THIS guy to get them done. ;)

Nice work and if I were in the market to get a new radiator, I'd be in. :thumb:

Juggy
09-02-2009, 02:42 AM
Nice work and if I were in the market to get a new radiator, I'd be in. :thumb:

ok then give me yours and buy chris' :lol:

minigts
09-02-2009, 08:08 AM
ok then give me yours and buy chris' :lol:

Sell maybe, no give. :p Actually with my IC plumbing, I'm stuck with what I got, although what I got is nice. :eyebrows:

TurboII
09-02-2009, 11:30 PM
sooooooo when will these be on your web site for purchase?

4cefedomni
09-04-2009, 12:40 AM
Yes it is.

Chris-TU

My car is originaly a carb omni and I put a front mount on it ahead of the rad. So I have room for the stock tbi full width rad. Are there any plans to make full width 3 core rads for these cars?

Chris W
09-08-2009, 03:00 PM
sooooooo when will these be on your web site for purchase?

Once we are completely satisfied with the final product we will offer them on our site. Now that we have reviewed the first prototype we have had the opportunity to make necessary changes to improve the product even more. Unfortunately I don't have an exact ETA for everything to be completed and can only hope that it is sometime this year.

My car is originaly a carb omni and I put a front mount on it ahead of the rad. So I have room for the stock tbi full width rad. Are there any plans to make full width 3 core rads for these cars?

Once we have signed off on the product we can look into doing a custom width version based on your needs. There would be an additional cost associated with that since we don't get much request for that size and don't plan on putting one in production like it.

Chris-TU

TurboII
09-23-2009, 09:54 AM
So whats going on with these radiators. Any updates on eta

neongary
09-23-2009, 10:21 AM
So whats going on with these radiators. Any updates on eta

Guess you should re-read the post above?

"Unfortunately I don't have an exact ETA for everything to be completed and can only hope that it is sometime this year."

TurboII
09-23-2009, 11:22 AM
:mecry: I NEED ONE

neongary
09-23-2009, 12:26 PM
:mecry: I NEED ONE

Don't we all. :nod:
Be patient grasshopper.....

bradp
11-01-2009, 11:15 PM
Hey Chris is there any new info on the radiators?

Chris W
11-01-2009, 11:18 PM
Hey Chris is there any new info on the radiators?

Hi Brad,

Yes, we are scheduled to receive our second sample on the 15th of November. We made a few improvements over the first version and we hope this will be the last one so we can go into production.

Chris-TU

BTW- CONGRATS on the new addition(s) to the family!

135sohc
11-01-2009, 11:24 PM
I've decided on a new direction with the car and will no longer be requiring a narrow radiator but if it helps to get these made I will still consider purchasing one depending upon the price.

bradp
11-02-2009, 09:02 AM
Hi Brad,

Yes, we are scheduled to receive our second sample on the 15th of November. We made a few improvements over the first version and we hope this will be the last one so we can go into production.

Chris-TU

BTW- CONGRATS on the new addition(s) to the family!

Thanks and thanks!!!:thumb:

A.J.
11-07-2009, 12:44 AM
I'm adapting an '87 Shelby Daytona T-II style radiator into my '90 T-I Shelby Daytona (pics to come soon in my project log). So I'll be down for two. One for my parents '85 T&C wagon and one for me.

A.J.

Chris W
11-17-2009, 03:46 AM
Second prototype radiator arrived and is looking good except for a little shipment damage. We will have it repaired and test it out on a few cars for fitment before we give them the okay to move forward with production.

Thanks!

Chris-TU

bradp
11-17-2009, 08:39 AM
Sweet!!!can't wait to get my grubby hands on one.

rich tideswell
11-17-2009, 08:51 AM
those look sweet. is it me, or does the filler neck look taller than the stock rad? I know this is a prototype, but also on the filler neck, wouldn't be easier to bend a peice of aluminum tube in a 90* rather than welding two peices of tube at a sharp 90*. less welding anyways.

Reaper1
11-17-2009, 11:19 AM
Looks nice...now to find a d@mn job so I can afford pretty pieces of metal like that!

amoparx
11-17-2009, 08:20 PM
Looks nice...now to find a d@mn job so I can afford pretty pieces of metal like that!

I've got a $#itty job ( :ballchain: )and I'm signed up for 2.:D
Looking good Chris.

neongary
11-18-2009, 12:07 PM
those look sweet. is it me, or does the filler neck look taller than the stock rad? I know this is a prototype, but also on the filler neck, wouldn't be easier to bend a peice of aluminum tube in a 90* rather than welding two peices of tube at a sharp 90*. less welding anyways.

From post #100...
Originally Posted by neongary

That's actually one of the small changes we will be making. Thanks for your input.
Chris-TU

Doesn't seem that this version has that change.

Chris W
11-18-2009, 12:41 PM
From post #100...
Originally Posted by neongary

That's actually one of the small changes we will be making. Thanks for your input.
Chris-TU

Doesn't seem that this version has that change.

These are prototypes, not production units. The 90 degree elbows have to be ordered in bulk by the company manufacturing the radiators. They will not order them until production commences. Production units will have the factory style necks.

Chris-TU

neongary
11-19-2009, 01:24 AM
These are prototypes, not production units. The 90 degree elbows have to be ordered in bulk by the company manufacturing the radiators. They will not order them until production commences. Production units will have the factory style necks.

Chris-TU

Ah. It just sounded like you were ready to produce them as is.

"We will have it repaired and test it out on a few cars for fitment before we give them the okay to move forward with production."

Chris W
11-19-2009, 03:54 AM
Ah. It just sounded like you were ready to produce them as is.

"We will have it repaired and test it out on a few cars for fitment before we give them the okay to move forward with production."

We have only provided our vendor with enough $ for the prototypes, not for production units. Since they do not have the 90 degree curved tubes in house they would need to make a special order that requires a bulk purchase to bring the cost of each piece down. Buying individual pieces at a much higher cost just for a prototype does not make sense for us since we know what a 90 degree curved elbow looks like. We are trying to keep costs down so we can offer these radiators at a price point that is acceptable to everyone.

Sorry for any confusion I may have caused and thanks for your understanding,

Chris-TU

"Top Fuel" Bender
11-19-2009, 10:08 AM
:hail: Nice work !

hutwe
11-25-2009, 06:42 PM
Keep me posted! I'm in!

Chris W
12-29-2009, 02:08 PM
UPDATE:

ForzaV12 will be putting our latest prototype radiator to the test at the Shelby Bash in Vegas. He has promised to share a few photos of his installation here. If all goes well we expect to start taking orders after January 10 for a limited production run of these radiators. We anticipate all units to be completed and shipped as early as February 2010.

Thanks for everyone's encouragement and feedback in this thread,

Chris-TU

hutwe
01-06-2010, 08:36 PM
Will the sales take place on your website? or will it be some other paypal type thing?

Chris W
01-06-2010, 11:13 PM
Will the sales take place on your website? or will it be some other paypal type thing?

All orders will be going through our website. We will only be making enough radiators to fill pre-orders and there will most likely be a cut-off time for accepting orders. If the first run proves to be successful we *may* consider producing a second batch.

We accept PayPal, Business/Personal Checks, and Money Orders. We now also accept Credit Card Payments over the phone.

If you have any additional questions don't hesitate to send us an email or PM.

Thanks!

Chris-TU

johnl
01-08-2010, 08:10 AM
Chris - I may want one for the Ramerati.

Chris W
01-08-2010, 01:36 PM
Chris - I may want one for the Ramerati.

John,

We will be taking orders on Monday as long as everything goes well this weekend with Steve's car.

See you at the "Bash".

Chris-TU

amoparx
01-08-2010, 02:03 PM
Chris, which radiators will be on sale if everything goes OK with the tests?
I'll be waiting for the GLHS and R/T 'ators. Thanks

ForzaV12
01-10-2010, 08:03 PM
The radiator was installed and used all week-end in the GLHS. I'll let Chris explain the fitment issues-nothing too major. As far as performance-the car has never run cooler. One full lapping session. a partial session and a 400 mile drive home. Through it all the temp was never much above the thermostat opening temp. Considering that our intercooler placement is not optimal for radiator cooling, this piece performed very well.

GLHNSLHT2
01-11-2010, 12:56 AM
what was the ambient temp in Vegas all weekend though? like 50-60 degree's? That's gonna make somewhat of a difference compared to running up the grapevine on a nice 100 degree+ day in traffic.

ForzaV12
01-11-2010, 01:11 PM
what was the ambient temp in Vegas all weekend though? like 50-60 degree's? That's gonna make somewhat of a difference compared to running up the grapevine on a nice 100 degree+ day in traffic.

True. However, the temp in Vegas was quite a bit warmer than that during the course of the day. Also, the drive back was also much warmer and included climbing the baker grade(and others) at high speeds.
A couple of the other TDs running at the event displayed rising temps during their lapping sessions-this car did not to any significant degree.
Once Chris resolves the minor fitment issues, I think this item is a must have for anyone running their cars hard, wanting low temps in traffic and especially if you continue to run AC.
Finally, his target price is very reasonable. Go ahead and get a quote for a custom unit(I did)-when you consider the extra cost involved to maintain a stock appearance the price is a bargain.

Captain Chaos
01-11-2010, 01:23 PM
The radiator was installed and used all week-end in the GLHS. I'll let Chris explain the fitment issues-nothing too major. As far as performance-the car has never run cooler. One full lapping session. a partial session and a 400 mile drive home. Through it all the temp was never much above the thermostat opening temp. Considering that our intercooler placement is not optimal for radiator cooling, this piece performed very well.

UPDATE:

ForzaV12 will be putting our latest prototype radiator to the test at the Shelby Bash in Vegas. He has promised to share a few photos of his installation here. If all goes well we expect to start taking orders after January 10 for a limited production run of these radiators. We anticipate all units to be completed and shipped as early as February 2010.

Thanks for everyone's encouragement and feedback in this thread,

Chris-TU
Ahem...

neongary
01-15-2010, 11:00 AM
I'm kinda curious as to how the install went and some pictures of the final production version.

Chris W
01-16-2010, 02:22 AM
I'm kinda curious as to how the install went and some pictures of the final production version.

When I last spoke with Steve he informed me that the first install pics were not the greatest. His mechanic is planning on removing the radiator to tear into the front part of the engine and address an oil leak. He promised that he will take better pictures on the second install of the radiator.

The minor mounting issue Steve brought up pertained to the top passenger side mounting bracket. Since there was no upside down "U" shaped brace on the new radiator Steve's mechanic had concerns that just a post sticking up might break free during aggressive driving. To resolve the issue, we decided to manufacture and include an adjustable "U" shaped bracket with a post for all L-Body applications

Production unit photos will be made available as soon as I have them.

THANKS!

Chris-TU

Chris W
01-21-2010, 03:23 AM
We have initiated production of the radiators now that the testing has been completed. Only 30 radiators are currently being manufactured. These are being offered on a first come, first served basis and can be ordered here:

http://turbosunleashed.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=398

We expect them to be completed sometime as early as February or possibly into March. We will update everyone on our progress in the Turbos Unleashed section of T-M.

Thanks again for everyone's votes.

Chris-TU

neongary
02-15-2010, 04:01 PM
Still like to see some pictures....

neongary
02-25-2010, 01:15 AM
Any updates?

Chris W
02-25-2010, 03:36 PM
Any updates?

Hi Gary,

ForzaV12 purchased our prototype so he would be the only one who can get you the installation photos right now. Hopefully he will see this and get them posted :thumb:

Chris-TU

neongary
03-03-2010, 12:42 AM
Hi Gary,

ForzaV12 purchased our prototype so he would be the only one who can get you the installation photos right now. Hopefully he will see this and get them posted :thumb:

Chris-TU
I PM'd him and got no response. Guess I'll just have to wait until I get mine.

Chris W
03-22-2010, 07:09 PM
Final radiator test piece is being installed in a Shelby Charger. We will take a few pictures during the install.

Chris-TU

neongary
04-01-2010, 01:01 AM
I'm getting to the point where I am going to actually need a radiator soon. Any updates or realistic ship dates? We are already into April here...

inmyshadow
04-02-2010, 07:53 AM
nothing but crickets.

Since I was number 2 to order, I'm curious as well.

I'm getting to the point where I am going to actually need a radiator soon. Any updates or realistic ship dates? We are already into April here...

Chris W
04-02-2010, 11:47 AM
As stated above, we received the latest radiator and redesigned brackets just before we headed out to MATS. Since we have been back we have test fitted it in an L-Body and Shelby Lancer. We would like to have every type car at our fingertips for test fitting, but, we don't. We are in the process of coordinating with a few locals to verify fitment in other vehicles. If that is not possible we may just head down to the local boneyard and do it there.

The greatest challenge for us here was designing one radiator to fit most TM applications. There may be a few slight adjustments needed here and there for certain models but we are trying to keep them to a minimum or at least pre-advise the customer so they know what to do beforehand. We know there are a few customers out there that like to publicly bash us if their product doesn't drop right in to their vehicle like the factory unit. Please don't expect this for all models. The original design was based off of an L-Body since that was the smallest radiator. I hope to have the rest of the vehicles tested shortly and will post up here to confirm this.

Thanks for your patience,

Chris-TU

neongary
04-02-2010, 12:55 PM
Chris, all the fitments issues are understandable and expected. I think some of us were just going by this "We expect them to be completed sometime as early as February or possibly into March. We will update everyone on our progress in the Turbos Unleashed section of T-M." and
"Final radiator test piece is being installed in a Shelby Charger. We will take a few pictures during the install."
We have to keep ASKING for updates.

Chris W
04-02-2010, 02:02 PM
Chris, all the fitments issues are understandable and expected. I think some of us were just going by this "We expect them to be completed sometime as early as February or possibly into March. We will update everyone on our progress in the Turbos Unleashed section of T-M." and
"Final radiator test piece is being installed in a Shelby Charger. We will take a few pictures during the install."
We have to keep ASKING for updates.

With this being a brand new product unexpected design changes have slowed us down from that original time estimate. I have been trying to keep everyone in the loop on our progress by providing updates and posting pictures in this thread. I will get a few pics of the SC install posted today. Just need to resize them. In the meantime, here's one next to a factory L-Body radiator.

Thanks!

Chris-TU

Chris W
04-05-2010, 04:13 PM
Here's the new radiator installed in an L-Body. More coming...

Chris-TU

Badger
04-06-2010, 11:06 PM
think you guys are beating up on Chris a little unfairly.He does a lot for our little community and we should really be saying thank you more and trying to not be quite so critical over little time delays.

cndnGLH
04-12-2010, 11:45 AM
Are all 30 rads spoken for? Or can we still order one? I just bought a Spectra Premium L body rad today for $235, and it is the biggest pc of junk I have ever seen, I am taking it back

Shadowjake
04-12-2010, 02:14 PM
think you guys are beating up on Chris a little unfairly.He does a lot for our little community and we should really be saying thank you more and trying to not be quite so critical over little time delays.

I am sure almost everyone on this board feels the same way but I can understand being excited. He risks a lot for us when he polls our interest in a product and investing in research and development before we give him a cent. He could easily stick to items that already exist. We are lucky to have all of our vendors, but especially lucky to have the ones willing to be innovative on our behalf.

Good things come to those who wait ;)

Jake

86Shelby
04-12-2010, 03:40 PM
I for one am excited that I won't need to have my radiator fan run on the highway due to the rdiator being clogged & corroded. I'm happy to wait until they are to a point he's comfortable letting them out the door.

iTurbo
04-12-2010, 07:09 PM
Should just send me one first and then I'LL post test-fit pics of SL, CSX, R/T, and GLH since everybody else seems to be too busy.

cndnGLH
04-16-2010, 10:25 PM
I just ordered one of these three core rads from TU, talked to Chris on the phone about them, he is a straight up guy IMO. I was even a victim of the Cal debacle of '05 and he made everything right! I dont care if I have to wait all summer for this rad after the POS I just returned today, check it out:
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?p=650147#post650147
I can wait for quality...

neongary
04-18-2010, 08:39 AM
I don't think that asking for occasional updates and a pic or 2 really qualifies as "beating up". I agree that Chris does a lot for the community but he is business person and I'm a customer.

neongary
04-18-2010, 08:41 AM
Should just send me one first and then I'LL post test-fit pics of SL, CSX, R/T, and GLH since everybody else seems to be too busy.

That would be cool! Can you fit in a J-body while you are at it? :D

rich tideswell
04-19-2010, 12:44 PM
That would be cool! Can you fit in a J-body while you are at it? :D

J-Body engine bay = G-Body engine bay, so just have him post the same picture twice :thumb:

neongary
04-19-2010, 07:22 PM
J-Body engine bay = G-Body engine bay, so just have him post the same picture twice :thumb:
Must have missed it. Didn't see him list a G-body as one he was going to test fit. In his list of cars, he doesn't even own one. :confused:

rich tideswell
04-20-2010, 09:45 PM
Must have missed it. Didn't see him list a G-body as one he was going to test fit. In his list of cars, he doesn't even own one. :confused:

The R/T. Even if it's a Spirit R/T, it's the same frame rails just slightly different core support apron and fender apron

neongary
04-21-2010, 08:58 PM
The R/T. Even if it's a Spirit R/T, it's the same frame rails just slightly different core support apron and fender apron

I learn something new everyday. So the Spirit radiator would be the same as the G-body? The core support doesn't change the way it fits?

amoparx
04-21-2010, 11:43 PM
I learn something new everyday. So the Spirit radiator would be the same as the G-body? The core support doesn't change the way it fits?

I heard the R/T's share the same radiator. In fact, I bought one of each this last month for my Spirit R/T. One would have been enough, but the first one I got wasn't as nice as I thought it would be.

rich tideswell
04-22-2010, 08:32 PM

Yup, the Spirit R/T and IROC R/T share radiators and intercoolers :thumb: and they both fit the same.

Captain Chaos
04-22-2010, 08:56 PM

Depends on the year of the G body.

turbors89
05-03-2010, 08:39 PM
Any more updates ? I am sorry to be such a pest its just my tII rad got a big hole in it so i converted it back to t1 and now the fan siezed up so now im screwed lol

Chris W
05-04-2010, 09:50 PM
Any more updates ? I am sorry to be such a pest its just my tII rad got a big hole in it so i converted it back to t1 and now the fan siezed up so now im screwed lol

I should have a delivery update in the next 24 hours.

Chris-TU

neongary
05-13-2010, 07:39 PM
I should have a delivery update in the next 24 hours.

Chris-TU
Truly not to be a smart a$$, but did you mean a delivery update in 24 days rather than hours?

cndnGLH
05-13-2010, 10:28 PM
its only been 8 days LOL I am now ready for my rad too, my engine is in. I am willing to be patient though, I know they will be worth the wait, I hope they are shipped sooner rather than later, but sooner would be better!

turbovanmanČ
05-13-2010, 10:54 PM
I heard the R/T's share the same radiator. In fact, I bought one of each this last month for my Spirit R/T. One would have been enough, but the first one I got wasn't as nice as I thought it would be.

How so?

Truly not to be a smart a$$, but did you mean a delivery update in 24 days rather than hours?

Really? that's cut's low, it's a wonder these vendors do anything, :(

amoparx
05-14-2010, 12:24 AM
How so?
It was just as corroded than the one I'm trying to replace. The second one was nice and solid.

Chris W
05-14-2010, 07:10 AM
They are done and in the process of arranging shipping right now. I will update more as I get it.

Thanks for the reminder.

Chris-TU

neongary
05-14-2010, 07:39 PM
They are done and in the process of arranging shipping right now. I will update more as I get it.

Thanks for the reminder.

Chris-TU

Sweet! Can't wait and I'm sure it will be an awesome product like everything else you sell. Please excuse my impatience! :thumb:

turbovanmanČ
05-14-2010, 07:58 PM
It was just as corroded than the one I'm trying to replace. The second one was nice and solid.

Sorry, thought you meant Chris's rad, lol. :o

inmyshadow
05-30-2010, 08:15 AM
Are we going to receive our radiators before SDAC?

168glhs1986
05-30-2010, 01:18 PM

Thanks for the reminder.

Chris-TU

If you coming to SDAC is it possible to bring one with you?

Chris W
06-01-2010, 02:59 AM
If you coming to SDAC is it possible to bring one with you?

We intend to ship pre-ordered radiators prior to departing for the conventions. If you have already placed an order and would like to save on shipping we can deliver to you at SDAC or Carlisle. Please contact us directly ASAP to let us know.

If anyone is interested in purchasing a radiator at the conventions please contact us as soon as possible to reserve your product. We have limited quantities and have no idea if or when we will be making more. Email me directly at chris@turbosunleashed.com.

Our $320. SALE will be valid until July 11 unless we run out of product first.

Thanks for everyone's patience!

Chris-TU

Chris W
06-02-2010, 02:39 AM
A few of these radiators arrived today so we now have a total of 4 which can ship out immediately. You should have received an email from us with your place in line if you already pre-ordered on our website. You are eligible to receive one of these if your number was 1-4. If you are interested in saving a little money and willing to wait until the convention in PA for delivery then please let us know so we can offer this to the next person in line who may need it to get to the conventions.

We plan to have the balance of these radiators in our possession just prior to leaving for SDAC and Carlisle so let us know and we will bring yours to you at the events and refund your shipping costs.

Thanks for your patience!

Chris-TU

Juggy
06-02-2010, 07:19 AM
A few of these radiators arrived today so we now have a total of 4 which can ship out immediately. You should have received an email from us with your place in line if you already pre-ordered on our website. You are eligible to receive one of these if your number was 1-4. If you are interested in saving a little money and willing to wait until the convention in PA for delivery then please let us know so we can offer this to the next person in line who may need it to get to the conventions.

We plan to have the balance of these radiators in our possession just prior to leaving for SDAC and Carlisle so let us know and we will bring yours to you at the events and refund your shipping costs.

Chris-TU

tried to hang around and order one last night but guesssing you never got around to it? hopefully u can take care of that sometime 2day so i can place the order :)

Chris W
06-02-2010, 02:18 PM
tried to hang around and order one last night but guesssing you never got around to it? hopefully u can take care of that sometime 2day so i can place the order :)

You have a PM!

Chris-TU

DocFish
06-02-2010, 02:27 PM
What about the VNT Lebaron radiator? I picked one up a couple of years ago a the junkyard. Are they different than the P or G body radiators? It sitting in the rafters. Are you coming to the meeting this week Chris? I believe it was out of a '90.

Chris W
06-02-2010, 02:40 PM
What about the VNT Lebaron radiator? I picked one up a couple of years ago a the junkyard. Are they different than the P or G body radiators? It sitting in the rafters. Are you coming to the meeting this week Chris? I believe it was out of a '90.

We plan on attending the meeting tomorrow and will be bringing a sample radiator with us.

Chris-TU

neongary
06-02-2010, 09:48 PM

Chris-TU

I didn't receive any special e-mail and I'm sure I was one of the first to order one. I prefer to have mine shipped, BTW.

Chris W
06-03-2010, 01:25 AM
I didn't receive any special e-mail and I'm sure I was one of the first to order one. I prefer to have mine shipped, BTW.

You have a PM. Yes, you were #1 on the list. We sent you the email on 1-24.

Thanks!

Chris-TU

Chris W
06-03-2010, 12:57 PM
Are we going to receive our radiators before SDAC?

James,

We emailed you and are just waiting on your response. Would you like us to send it out right away or pick it up at the conventions?

Chris-TU

inmyshadow
06-03-2010, 02:40 PM
I thought your email was to say you were shipping it.

so SEND it.

James,

We emailed you and are just waiting on your response. Would you like us to send it out right away or pick it up at the conventions?

Chris-TU

Chris W
06-03-2010, 05:14 PM
I thought your email was to say you were shipping it.

so SEND it.

The email we sent referred you to my post above offering you the option of shipping or free delivery. Now that we know you would like it shipped we will follow through.

Thanks!

Chris-TU

inmyshadow
06-11-2010, 06:30 PM
Chris, have you actually shipped the radiator? I haven't received any tracking info.

The email we sent referred you to my post above offering you the option of shipping or free delivery. Now that we know you would like it shipped we will follow through.

Thanks!

Chris-TU

neongary
06-11-2010, 08:14 PM
Chris, have you actually shipped the radiator? I haven't received any tracking info.
Me neither.

"Your radiator will be shipping tomorrow via UPS and we will follow up shortly with the tracking information.

Thanks,

Chris-TU"

E-mail above from 6-6-2010

168glhs1986
06-11-2010, 09:35 PM
Chris, bring a radiator for a 86 GLHS please. I'll pm you before purchasing to make sure it's in "stock" and ready to be delivered.

Chris W
06-13-2010, 02:54 AM
Chris, bring a radiator for a 86 GLHS please. I'll pm you before purchasing to make sure it's in "stock" and ready to be delivered.

Not a problem Mike. We will have radiators with us at the conventions.

You have a PM

Me neither.

"Your radiator will be shipping tomorrow via UPS and we will follow up shortly with the tracking information.

Thanks,

Chris-TU"

E-mail above from 6-6-2010

Gary,

Your package is in transit with UPS. I will email you the tracking info.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone,

From this point forward, please contact us directly via phone for shipping info. We answer the phone 95% of the time and call people back 100% of the time if we miss your call.

We have created an installation guide with photos for the L, J, H and '87-'89 G + P- body vehicles so far. We will post a few pictures here soon.

Thanks!

Chris-TU

168glhs1986
06-13-2010, 12:41 PM
Not a problem Mike. We will have radiators with us at the conventions.

Thanks Chris, we'll meet up either Saturday or Sunday. Look forward to finally meeting everyone.

janus
06-21-2010, 05:10 PM
sorry if that question was already covered here, but are these also available in a style directly fitting the '92 G-body? i know the earlier style will fit as well but not as a direct replacement.
thanks

inmyshadow
06-21-2010, 06:26 PM
I received my radiator with four brackets and two screws today. It really is a nice piece. I was going to polish it before installing it, but screw that.

Tomorrow I'll figure out how it will fit my car. I was going to start with the knowledge base as Chris' note ask for. I don't see anything in the knowledge base on installing it.

I took some pictures. One of the front, backside with brackets and backside with 14in fan I plan to use.

I also started a Knowledge base article under TU's section. Once it is approved, I will add alot more to it.

inmyshadow
06-21-2010, 07:59 PM
Well, I started test fitting parts along with comparsion to others. First a disclaimer since I've been rather critical of TU's parts.

The images are to show what we have to expect in make the radiator to fit. I'm not showing in anyway how this part sucks. I knew buying this radiator, it wouldn't fit based on my experiences with a 89 TII radiator/intercooler setup in a 90 and 91 Shadow.

Now, as an owner of three turbo shadows since 1993, I can tell you this. There is a switch year when it comes to the core supports on shadows. My 90 Shadow had a completely different core support then my 91 Shadow. As some 90 older Shadow owners have experienced ripped through core supports. Something a 91 Shadow doesn't have a problem with.

Here are some images. First one is comparing a TII intercooler/TU radiator to a 91 Dodge shadow radiator. Overall length is very close.

The second image compares the height of the shadow radiator to TU radiator. There is roughly a 1/2in difference, TU's radiator being taller. This half inch is what gave me trouble in my 90 Shadow. I had to have the filler next moved down to clear a hood that had already had bracing removed. I'm hoping with the wider 91 core support, I can move the radiator towards the motor for clearance.

The next several images are showing a TII metal fan/shroud mounted to the TU radiator. I also have a fan from an unknown source that fits pretty good. Most of the pictures show where one would need to clearance the shourds to fit.

My next post will have more pictures.

inmyshadow
06-21-2010, 08:00 PM
More images of TU's radiator.

Next image is of one of the mounting brackets. There are several recessed boss in the radiator. Not all of them are tapped. Nor are they deep enough for stock hardware. I really like this, it helps me alot in mounting the radiator using at least one stock top mounting point.

My last picture, well that is of my turbododge parts and wheels stash. The tires are blocking the view of several motors and transmissions on the floor. What isn't shown in the pictures is my shadow convertible body panel stash behind the camera. Thats is of three sets of convertible doors, two trunk lids, bulge hood, convertible window frame and nearly two convertible interiors. My stash shows I'm a lifer.

86Shelby
06-21-2010, 08:02 PM
Looks great. Can't wait to see mine. :) I would expect the radiator to be a little narrower than a standard TII unit since it was based off the L-body peice that is about 2" narrower overall.

Juggy
06-22-2010, 08:47 AM
I received my radiator with four brackets and two screws today. It really is a nice piece. I was going to polish it before installing it, but screw that.

Tomorrow I'll figure out how it will fit my car. I was going to start with the knowledge base as Chris' note ask for. I don't see anything in the knowledge base on installing it.

I took some pictures. One of the front, backside with brackets and backside with 14in fan I plan to use.

I also started a Knowledge base article under TU's section. Once it is approved, I will add alot more to it.

whats the brand n CFM on the fan?? my current aftermarket 12 or 13" one has a hard time keeping up on hot days

inmyshadow
06-22-2010, 09:10 AM
The fan I'm using is a Perma-Cool 14in fan. The Summit part number is PRM-19124. I went with this fan based on the dimensions of my stock TII radiator and the 2400 CFM rating. The fan can also be configured as a pusher.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/PRM-19124/?rtype=10

Juggy
06-22-2010, 09:15 AM
The fan I'm using is a Perma-Cool 14in fan. The Summit part number is PRM-19124. I went with this fan based on the dimensions of my stock TII radiator and the 2400 CFM rating. The fan can also be configured as a pusher.

oh nice!! that thing aint cheap lol.

uumm oh ya i forgot 2 ask...how thick is that beast?! those L bodies r kinda tight up front; id much rather setup up a pusher to create more room :eyebrows:

edit: nevermind i found the specs....3 7/8" wow much thicker then the lil plastic jobber im running lol

inmyshadow
06-22-2010, 12:29 PM
I guess this is all in perspective.

I thought the fan was cheap compared to several higher CFM fans I was looking at.

oh nice!! that thing aint cheap lol.

inmyshadow
06-22-2010, 04:13 PM
I am now done with my install. The best news, I didn't do anything to the hood to avoid hitting the filler neck. How the radiator is positioned, it clears the bracing.

What I noticed, the TU radiator not as long as the Gbody radiator. That caused problems for me because I wouldn't be able to reuse the metal strap I made to hold the radiator in. A few friends will be happy it is now gone.

I also didn't reuse the TII lower radiator mounting bracket. I did test fit it to the radiator. The radiator is really soft. A good thing because I had to bend the lips inwards so I could bolt the TII bracket on. I couldn't reuse the bracket because of the new position the radiator was in.

Because of the new position of the radiator, I used the metal strips supplied. I used the two screws as pins for the bushings to hang off. On the driver's side, it was easy. Drive a hole in the core support and through the bracket.

Since I was using the stock mounting locations on the passenger side, the other metal strip wasn't long enough. I used aluminum to make an 8in strip of metal. Eight inches was just long enough for me to drill a pin hole in the right spot. Doing it again, I'd go with 8 1/2 in strip. I'd also go wider to.

I used two radiator shroud mounting bushings on the passenger side top tab. It was too long, so I used one bushing and a FWDP shifter bushing. That length worked out good.

Depending on how your fan mounts, becareful of the fins. When I pushed the ties through, it took a fin with it. The fan I'm using works great. It fits the radiator like a glove. Being a higher CFM fan, I was concerned about noise. It is very quiet, quieter then a stock fan. For the wiring connection, I use GM weather pack connectors from Napa.

I also used new 6mX1 bolts and washers. Once everything was settled on, I took it all apart and put anti-seize on all the fasteners.

On my test drive, temps stayed around 180. Even a few WOT bursts didn't show any heat spikes like the old radiator would When the fan comes on, the temps drop FAST. I still have a long highway test to do. That was where thinks got really hot and worrisome.

Now to the images.

First two of of my old radiator compared to the new radiator. Next one shows the longer mounting strip to reuse the OEM hole. Next two are final shots of the radiator mounted down. The last image is all ready for final install.

turbovanmanČ
06-22-2010, 04:18 PM
Nice writeup. :thumb:

I try to avoid those push thru connectors, :o

neongary
06-23-2010, 10:24 PM

That fan on Perma Cool's web site says that the CFM is only 1650. Is it the same fan?
http://www.perma-cool.com/Catalog/Cat_page18.html

inmyshadow
06-24-2010, 12:04 AM
Interesting.

Although Perma-cool list it as EST 1650. Maybe I'll contact Summit about it.

That fan on Perma Cool's web site says that the CFM is only 1650. Is it the same fan?
http://www.perma-cool.com/Catalog/Cat_page18.html

Marcus86GLHS
06-24-2010, 04:42 AM
looking great James, very informative write ups as well.

question: would it be an advantage to coat/paint the radiator with a heat disapaiting coating like the OEM's do?

inmyshadow
06-24-2010, 07:42 AM
Only advantage would be to keep it looking close to OEM.

I'll tell you this, the radiator works freakin great. Last night the car stayed at 180 degrees down the highway. Never moved. The one time the fan kicked on, it cooled the car to nearly 170. I might have to hook up the DRB scanner to log some temps. I need to adjust my cal for the temps the fan comes on.

Just shows how bad my 89 yr radiator was. Now I have one less worry.

looking great James, very informative write ups as well.

question: would it be an advantage to coat/paint the radiator with a heat disapaiting coating like the OEM's do?

Chris W
06-24-2010, 02:15 PM
I have attached several pictures to assist in the installation of the radiators. They are self explanatory but I will probably add some notes to them when I complete the KC article.

BIG Thanks goes out to James for the Shadow install pics. We did not have that yr/model vehicle to test on and he proved that it will fit with a few minor mods.

Thanks!

Chris-TU

Reaper1
06-24-2010, 09:25 PM
VERY nice. I wish I could afford one! :(

(BTW James, if your stash makes you a "lifer", then I wonder what my stash qualifies me for?LOL :lol: :confused: )

inmyshadow
06-24-2010, 09:34 PM
Probably several consecutive life terms.

The sad part, I've let found parts go because I didn't need them. Now I just tell others throughout NewEngland. That is mostly TII parts and older then 90. I still tend to grab SBECs, 90/91 wiring and 2.5 TIs and A568s.

VERY nice. I wish I could afford one! :(

(BTW James, if your stash makes you a "lifer", then I wonder what my stash qualifies me for?LOL :lol: :confused: )

Reaper1
06-28-2010, 09:40 PM
Yeah, I'm to the point that I'm done hoarding everything I find. I just want to keep what I need and can use. Everything else is for sale or is going to be recycled in some way. I've simply got too much! Never thought I'd say that either! LOL

Chris W
07-03-2010, 03:38 AM
Radiators are now in stock!!!

For those of you who have already ordered one and would like to pick it up at Carlisle, please let us know as soon as possible. Also, if you have not ordered one but would be interested in picking one up at C@C please let us know soon so we know how many extras to bring.

We will be heading to PA early this week.

Thanks!

Chris-TU

Badger
07-03-2010, 04:04 AM
made a run for the border today (the border of Placentia and Fullerton Ca. that is). Chris called and said he had my radiator for me so I met him at the Taco Bell near by. As he was getting my radiator out of his van, I couldnt help but notice the whole back of the van was full, bottom to top, with boxes and more boxes...each one holding a radiator. WOW! impressive! Thanks for driving out and delivering mine close to home Chris!

cndnGLH
07-05-2010, 11:12 PM
Got an email with a tracking # saying mine was shipped today, thanks Chris!

Chris W
07-06-2010, 12:31 AM

It will actually be shipping Tuesday.

Thanks for your order! :thumb:

Chris-TU

Juggy
07-14-2010, 03:53 PM

me too

did yours arrive yet??? because i have a delivery notice i am going to pick up in the next hour or so and have a feeling its going to be my order from TU :thumb:

and i only owe canada post $18.43 :) thanks chris :nod:

Juggy
07-14-2010, 04:56 PM
well my rad is here. big thanks to chris for taking the time to box them up properly.

my package arrived at the post office and the box had been damage, thankfully the radiator was completely intact with no evidence of problems!

it looks MUCH thicker in person I tell you.....are you sure its only a 1/2" thicker then stock? lol....this is def going to keep the car alot cooler over the daytona TII rad i have been running

James did u ever confirm the CFM rating on the fan you purchased?

T-Bohn
07-14-2010, 09:55 PM
got mine and packed well !!!
I was worried about that part but is is here, and safe!!

thanks Chris!

inmyshadow
07-15-2010, 05:48 AM
No.

But durning the NewEngland Heat wave last week, the temps stayed around 200 degrees.

James did u ever confirm the CFM rating on the fan you purchased?

Juggy
07-16-2010, 09:57 AM
No.

But durning the NewEngland Heat wave last week, the temps stayed around 200 degrees.

ok cool thanks. when u say heat wave what were the temps?? because a heat wave here is 90+ temps longer then 3 days (altho we r smoking them temps this year so they better up it lol)

inmyshadow
07-16-2010, 09:19 PM
Your heatwave is the same as ours. I believe its a national standard.

New England has 7 days of 90+ degree temps. Car never got hotter then 200 degrees around town.

ok cool thanks. when u say heat wave what were the temps?? because a heat wave here is 90+ temps longer then 3 days (altho we r smoking them temps this year so they better up it lol)

hutwe
07-16-2010, 11:03 PM
Finally took mine out of the box today, very nice looking. I ended up cutting the end tanks off the old radiator for bracketry purposes, and it fit together perfect. One hour. done. perfect fit. I'll see if i can get a picture or two.

turbors89
07-17-2010, 01:37 AM
got mine installed yesterday and it was a great fit. Everything bolted together perfect and lined up fine the car never ran cooler today it was 95 degrees out and driving around town with the a/c blasting it didn't go above half... Ill post pics tomm if anybody would like too see

Chris W
07-30-2010, 02:56 PM
All pre-ordered aluminum radiators have shipped. We still have a few left over, so if anyone is interested let us know

Thanks!

Chris-TU

bholland
08-24-2010, 09:39 PM
I also just bought one of these very nice looking radiators and an after market fan for my 1987 GLHS. At first, I thought it would be a drop in replacement and would have all the same brackets and mounting points as my original. My original radiator had previously been connected to an intercooler that sat right beside it (the factory one), but I have since moved beyond that and now have an intercooler that sits in front of my radiator. I still had the lower intercooler bracket, but not the top. The radiator does come with some mounting hardware, basically 2 metal strips for the passenger side top and bottom mounts. In my particular case the bottom passenger grommet fits directly on top on one of the bottom mounting points, so I didn't need to use the flat stock metal, I just needed a bolt that fit into the mounting point that would act like a stud for the grommet. Instead of bending the upper flanges of the radiator to accommodate the original mounting hardware, we decided to use the flat metal stock to mount to the top passenger mount and to the existing mounting hardware and mount it almost like from the factory. Since I was missing the drivers side top intercooler mount, we decided to use some flat metal stock we had lying around (the one from TU was just a little too short). We mounted the flat metal stock to the upper mounting points on the radiator and drilled a hole in the end of it to attach to an factory mounting bracket and attached that to the front mounting point. I think this gives a more balanced and clean look for the installation. (I'll post pics tomorrow).

bholland
08-27-2010, 11:27 AM
Wanted to add pictures of the install, but there is no way to add a picture from my computer only via http.

Chris W
08-27-2010, 03:42 PM
Wanted to add pictures of the install, but there is no way to add a picture from my computer only via http.

Brian,

Go ahead and email them to me at chris@turbosunleashed.com. I will get them posted up for you.

Thanks!

Chris-TU

Sloride
09-09-2010, 01:10 AM
My porky 90 daytona vnt is in need of a diet, what is the weight of these radiators compared to a standard t2 style rad?

Chris W
09-13-2010, 02:11 AM
See pics for weight. We have 2 of these radiators left.

Chris-TU

EDIT: Thay also hold an additional 1/2 Quart of coolant compared to a G-Body stocker.

Chris W
09-27-2010, 03:25 PM
Thank You for participating in the Radiator Group Buy!

We are SOLD OUT!!

If anyone is interested in starting a new Group Buy for these radiators please start a thread in the TU section.

Thanks,

Chris-TU

Shadowjake
09-28-2010, 04:27 PM
One of those would look aweful nice in the CSX. I am not ready for it yet. I need to put the money in other places first. Maybe in a year or so we'll be ready for another group buy.

neongary
10-11-2010, 03:46 PM
Took a slightly different approach with the radiator. Instead of leaving it bare aluminum, I painted it black so it looks somewhat original.
Made a shroud from flat 16 gauge and cut out the opening for the 14" Mr. Gasket fan. (p/n 1987, 1800 cfm)

janus
10-11-2010, 03:59 PM
looks awesome!

Reaper1
10-11-2010, 05:33 PM
Way to make people jealous! ;) Looks very nice indeed! :thumb:

neongary
10-11-2010, 08:52 PM
Way to make people jealous! ;) Looks very nice indeed! :thumb:
Thanks! It's simple but should work just fine.

inmyshadow
10-11-2010, 08:57 PM
Wow, I guess Mr Gasket uses the same fan as Perma Cool.

You fan is a dead ringer for my Perma Cool show in this thread.

Took a slightly different approach with the radiator. Instead of leaving it bare aluminum, I painted it black so it looks somewhat original.
Made a shroud from flat 16 gauge and cut out the opening for the 14" Mr. Gasket fan. (p/n 1987, 1800 cfm)

neongary
10-12-2010, 10:33 PM
Wow, I guess Mr Gasket uses the same fan as Perma Cool.

You fan is a dead ringer for my Perma Cool show in this thread.
Well not a dead ringer, but close. Fan motor is quite different looking.

Turbo_Rampage
10-13-2010, 01:18 AM

That looks good! I am doing something very similar but im gonna make the shroud so it sits about a 1/2" from the core and i'll bend the edges of the shroud in my sheet metal break... are you worried about the shroud blocking off the core a bit from being so close?

I got my parts in the Mail today, thanks Chris! This Radiator looks awesome! I'll post up some pics when i get it installed in my 89 Daytona... it might not be till spring time tho.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee186/Turbo_Rampage/CIMG3498.jpg

neongary
10-13-2010, 09:36 PM
That looks good! I am doing something very similar but im gonna make the shroud so it sits about a 1/2" from the core and i'll bend the edges of the shroud in my sheet metal break... are you worried about the shroud blocking off the core a bit from being so close?

I got my parts in the Mail today, thanks Chris! This Radiator looks awesome! I'll post up some pics when i get it installed in my 89 Daytona... it might not be till spring time tho.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee186/Turbo_Rampage/CIMG3498.jpg

It's hard to tell in the 2 pictures, but the shroud doesn't actually sit right on the core. The shroud edges are on the end tank welds. Anyway, I'm not concerned as there should be plenty of airflow through the radiator when the fan isn't running. The fan takes up quite a bit of core area.

theort
10-22-2010, 05:52 PM
i would like to buy one radiatiaor i have a 91 spirit rt t3if u have the three core rads like to have that one tell me how much and how to pay for it my name is theodore grietsell 32215 church st rockwood michigan 48173 phone number is 734 778 0356 thank you

Turbo3Iroc
10-23-2010, 12:40 AM
i would like to buy one radiatiaor i have a 91 spirit rt t3if u have the three core rads like to have that one tell me how much and how to pay for it my name is theodore grietsell 32215 church st rockwood michigan 48173 phone number is 734 778 0356 thank you

See post #238

Thank You for participating in the Radiator Group Buy!

We are SOLD OUT!!

If anyone is interested in starting a new Group Buy for these radiators please start a thread in the TU section.

Thanks,

Chris-TU

Turbo_Rampage
10-23-2010, 10:23 PM
Here is the shroud i started on for the radiator... tomorrow i'm going to get a flex-a-lite fan and i'll finish it off. I still have to drill the holes to mount it, bevel the edges and weld the corners.

It's made from 1/16" aluminum

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee186/Turbo_Rampage/CIMG3505.jpg

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee186/Turbo_Rampage/CIMG3506.jpg

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee186/Turbo_Rampage/CIMG3507.jpg