PDA

View Full Version : Tranny's back in... PROBLEMS!

Dave
04-24-2006, 08:46 PM
Got everything back in finally, somehow it took me forever to finish.

First off the linkage is all screwed up. Oh I should mention it's an automatic with a RMVB, 125psi case pressure, 5 clutches, and it's been rebuilt not too long ago. I have no 3rd because it doesn't go down all the way. It's hard to get it into Park, N is reverse, 1st is N, 2nd is 1st, 3rd is 2nd. Okay the linkage is off, how do I fix that?? I've played with the clamp for the cable and it made it a little better, but it seems it's off a key, but it only goes on one way...

Secondly I HAVE A RMVB, I downshifted into 1st once stopped, gave it a little gas, free-revved and then slammed down into 2nd barking the tires. WTF??? It's RMVB why is it doing this?!?!?!?

Thirdly while in 1st gear I gave it a little gas and it free revved real bad. Eek!!

My guess, low trans. fluid. M'kay check it! It was warmed up nicely, I check the fluid and it's almost over filled. Again... WTF?????

I would've said screw the BS and take it to OhioRob's but hahahaha I have no 3rd gear! :mad:

Please, I need help. This was my first time pulling the tranny by myself, I've done it about 6 or 7 times with Rob.

Ohhh one more thing... it started in 2nd gear. Ummm I'm guessing this car is haunted. Maybe I should name her Christine?

turbovanmanČ
04-25-2006, 09:22 PM
Put the shift lever in park, then you can adjust the linkage at the rubber piece. My guess is moving the trans around, you got some crap in the valve body. Does it still have a TV cable? is that hooked up if it does?

Dave
04-26-2006, 09:13 PM
Ok I put it in Park and and held the the rod with one hand, and pulled the cable towards the firewall to relieve tension, then tightened the clamp down.

That fixed the linkage problem.

Next, everything else just fixed itself once I put 1 1/4 quart of ATF in... Dexron 3. :thumb:

Sorry for the drama, I was freaking out because it was doing all sorts of weird ----.

Clay
04-26-2006, 10:00 PM
Dextron 3? Dont these run on ATF+3?? Chrysler trannys usually require a specific Mopar grade trans fluid, and I have personally had problems running Dextron fluid in a chrysler trans.

turbovanmanČ
04-27-2006, 12:47 AM
A413's run regular Dexron, :thumb:

Dave
04-27-2006, 05:56 AM
Heh, OhioRob said use Dexron 3. I trust any man with a 10 second car. :thumb:

Clay
04-27-2006, 08:14 AM
ahhhh ok, darn FWDs!!!!!!! ;)

Kulgii
04-27-2006, 10:15 AM
Ohhh one more thing... it started in 2nd gear. Ummm I'm guessing this car is haunted. Maybe I should name her Christine?

Doesn't it have to be red ;) That is what my friend called his Plymouth Scamp intill the windows fogged up one time and written in the windows was Ginger, he has washed the car 3 times in and outside the windows and it still says Ginger, so that what he calls the car :D

Dave
04-27-2006, 08:58 PM
Doesn't it have to be red ;) That is what my friend called his Plymouth Scamp intill the windows fogged up one time and written in the windows was Ginger, he has washed the car 3 times in and outside the windows and it still says Ginger, so that what he calls the car :D

Man I would crap my drawes if that happened!

bobr19
05-06-2006, 08:12 AM
Heh, OhioRob said use Dexron 3. I trust any man with a 10 second car. :thumb:
+1--I'll dang sure pay attention to what they say--bobr19