PDA

View Full Version : Different balance shaft question...

ShelGame
05-26-2009, 07:44 AM
Are the BS assemblies from the 2.5 tall deck and the 2.5 CB the same? I'm guessing they're the same, but since the TD crank is heavier than the CB crank (not to mention the rod weight & length) I guess there's a chance that they're different.

Related question: Are the 2.2 and 2.5 CB BS assys the same? If they are, then I'd have to conclude that the TD BS is the same, too...

cordes
05-26-2009, 09:52 AM
I thought that the 2.2/regular 2.5 BS assys were the same since I read that they started putting the BS in the 2.2s at one point because guys on the line weren't getting them into all the 2.5s like they should have. If they weren't the same I don't know how that could have been a good solution.

ShelGame
05-26-2009, 10:52 AM
^ that's what I was thinking...

turbovanmanČ
06-04-2009, 03:17 PM
TIII's are different but I believe all 8 valves are the same.

zin
06-04-2009, 03:25 PM
TIII's are different but I believe all 8 valves are the same.

Now I'm curious... How are they different?

Mike

turbovanmanČ
06-04-2009, 04:34 PM
Now I'm curious... How are they different?

Mike

Different part number and I brought it up on here. The Lotus head and forged crank changed the frequency, I know my 2.5 TIII shakes at a different rpm than my 8 valve counterpart.

zin
06-05-2009, 03:10 PM
Different part number and I brought it up on here. The Lotus head and forged crank changed the frequency, I know my 2.5 TIII shakes at a different rpm than my 8 valve counterpart.

interesting... I can see how that would be so, but it would seem like it would be different for the 2.2 and the 2.5 just by virtue of the change in stroke... but then I haven't studied how the resonance frequency would be effected by the change in stroke or if the material is more important... Oh well, since most people take them out anyway I guess it isn't that important to us anyway!

Mike