PDA

View Full Version : My new runner

spoolinhard
05-24-2009, 11:35 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y90/Spoolinhard/roadrunner2.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y90/Spoolinhard/roadrunner1.jpg

A true barn find. Me and my dad have been after this car for the past 15 or so years. Other than being in decent shape, it is a pretty standard roadrunner. It is a 69 383 auto/post car. It has front disc with the four piston calipers and thats about it for options. Also a bench seat car:eyebrows:. Was origionally bright red with black outs on the hood.

About 90% of the car is there. Trans is origional. Origional engine long gone. The guys brother blew it up in the 80's. It came from california. He bought it from his brother, had it shipped back to Iowa. Had it unloaded, drove it about 7 miles to his home and the brake lines went out. He put it in a barn, tore it apart and its sat ever since.

blk86trbo
05-24-2009, 11:41 PM
That is really neat...not too many of those "barn finds" left around here! Great job being persistent!

black86glhs
05-24-2009, 11:42 PM
You lucky c*cksucker!!!! Did it cost you your second born?

spoolinhard
05-24-2009, 11:45 PM
I did good on it, I could easily toss it on ebay and double my money. It did cost me a few TM'S and a bunch of my parts stash. now I have to sell them:( . To add even more to the barn find story. The car has been in a barn that has been falling in. The barn was leaning to one side, and almost against the runner inside. The only thing that was holding it up was a row of trees on the other side. This last time we went out to bug him on the car, the barn was just about gone, and the car was externally put back together and sitting under a tree. Outside of the shed of course.

The guys son said that whenever he had friends over, their dads would tell them to ask if the roadrunner was for sale:p

JohnnyIroc
05-24-2009, 11:48 PM
what is with you and finding every road runner out there?
find me a 71 =D
really nice find though cant wait to see some progress on it

spoolinhard
05-24-2009, 11:51 PM
what is with you and finding every road runner out there?
find me a 71 =D
really nice find though cant wait to see some progress on it

FUnny thing is, is that me telling my dad about the other runners I found prompted him to go out and bug the guy about the car again. I was busy and wasnt too excited about going but agreed to go out with him.

Marcus86GLHS
05-25-2009, 05:10 AM
a '69 RM21H is a tuff find, great car. with all the resto parts available for that car, getting her nice again shouldnt be too difficult right?

BadAssPerformance
05-25-2009, 09:49 AM
This car looks strangely familair...

Nice grab man :thumb:

spoolinhard
05-25-2009, 10:53 AM
a '69 RM21H is a tuff find, great car. with all the resto parts available for that car, getting her nice again shouldnt be too difficult right?

Parts are readily available yes. only thing that will be a factor is $$$$.

WickedShelby88
05-25-2009, 12:45 PM
The coolest part is its a bare bones bench seat car with a 383. Usually the g/f's and wives like the bench seat too. There was one like this back when I was a kid and my dad was at the JY looking for parts for my mom's 74 duster. The yard only wanted 500 for it. Rust free but pretty bare inside. Was basically a clean roller. We also found a nearly rust free feather duster just sitting there in the yard. Straight as could be with a nice interior. That was kinda sickening to see a nice car there let alone one that would eventually be coveted as muscle material. For those that don't know the rare feather duster had an aluminum decklid and hood. I'm not sure what else. I know the car would of been worth about 3-4k in today's dollars. The runner hard telling. Congrats on the purchase!

spoolinhard
05-25-2009, 10:55 PM
The coolest part is its a bare bones bench seat car with a 383. Usually the g/f's and wives like the bench seat too. There was one like this back when I was a kid and my dad was at the JY looking for parts for my mom's 74 duster. The yard only wanted 500 for it. Rust free but pretty bare inside. Was basically a clean roller. We also found a nearly rust free feather duster just sitting there in the yard. Straight as could be with a nice interior. That was kinda sickening to see a nice car there let alone one that would eventually be coveted as muscle material. For those that don't know the rare feather duster had an aluminum decklid and hood. I'm not sure what else. I know the car would of been worth about 3-4k in today's dollars. The runner hard telling. Congrats on the purchase!

Thanks. I like the idea of it being a bench. Its like having two back seats:thumb: