PDA

View Full Version : help find a fesiable solution to this prob...

zshadow
04-23-2006, 11:12 PM
i had way too much pressure build up in my head today so i completely blew out the rear cam seal.

i didnt realize this untill i was halfway home from work, and by then, i already needed to get home....

basicly the hole where the plug/seal thingy sits was the niagra falls of oil into my flywheel tranny slot. (the slot where you put the timing light).

so the problem is, my clutch slips like whoa. obviously theres some oil down there! :) but how do i clean it out without pulling the tranny completely off?

i just replaced the clutch and resurfaced the flywheel. the car has only seen about 250 miles since the t1-t2 swap, so i was still breaking in the clutch.

mark suggested that i take a whole bunch of brake parts cleaner and just dump it into the slot.

i figure if you gotta pull the tranny off again anyways, what the hell, give it a shot right?

any other ideas?

~Kevin

The S is Silent
04-23-2006, 11:20 PM
I would also try the brake cleaner. It's worth a shot. I figure 3 or 9 cans of it should do the trick :-D

Also, check your PCV system...blowing that cam seal means something is up with that. The only time I have blown that seal was when I cracked 2 pistons...and I don't think that is your problem. You'd know if it was.

afsautoworx
04-24-2006, 12:50 AM
If youre gonna pull the tranny off to get to the clutch you could probably clean the clutch disc with some brake-kleener and then sand it with some sanpaper to get the gunky burned oil off of it. I dont think spraying brake kleener into the timing window will work but maybe, the problem is only the flywheel is exposed in the window, not the clutch, maybe you could aim it or something lol Did u break a piston, is that why theres so much pressure?

turbovanmanČ
04-24-2006, 01:20 AM
I doubt pressure had anything to do with it. They blow out quite often with age as they get hard, shrink and pop out at the worst times.

I am sorry to say that your clutch is junk. You can try the brake cleaner but I doubt it will work for long. If your pulling the trans, put a new one in.

zshadow
04-24-2006, 08:10 AM
deff not cracked piston/s. i wouldnt be able to drive it right now. i replaced the tps, the HEP, the rear cam seal, and the coil wire, and it runs pretty good.

im going to have to give the brake parts cleaning a shot for the simple fact that i dont have the funds to get a new clutch right now.

i plan on doing it today after lacrosse practace so ill post up and let you guys know how it went.

~Kevin