PDA

View Full Version : Very undecided - Dawes or AEM WBO2

85_600
04-23-2006, 06:03 PM
My first venture into the F/I scene was less than stellar. My car detonated and I was pretty much very upset. It was, as I said my first experience with forced induction, and I was unprepared for it.

I was told a few times to invest in a wbo2. I was going to do this but I was unable to do the F/I again, until now, with my Dodge 600.

So, what this boils down to is this: I'd like the wbo2 BUT, from my reading on here and other TD forums, is that the Dawes is "suffcient" in it's capabilities of reading the a/f mixture.

So, what I'd like to know is, not the same type of questions about which is better per se, but, what do you guys do for reading the a/f mixture at slower speeds, like in town and starting from a stop? If the mixture is not right down low, what problems can this cause? Or, should I just drive the car hard from every stop?
I know that the Dawes meter is good for WOT, but I'm more concerned about down low mixtures as well.

Thanks and sorry for the drawn out explaination:o
Paul

Wink
04-23-2006, 06:20 PM
any wide band!!!!!!!

Bar none, well worth the $$$$.

cordes
04-23-2006, 08:04 PM
+1 for the wide band.

85_600
04-23-2006, 08:17 PM
I kind of figured as much, but I had to ask...Looks like that will stay on my list of items then...

Thanks!
P