PDA

View Full Version : Oh snap!

Twisted Noodle
05-17-2009, 11:33 PM
So I always read on here about other people running 14 or 15 lbs of boost and always seems to run so much faster than mine does. So I did some thinking and decided to cut off the muffler today just to see how much of a restriction it is. I think it is still the original exhaust (just a guess). I got under the car and noticed a big slit in the muffler. After further inspection I noticed the muffler clamp right before the rear wheel on the drivers side only had one bolt on it.. the other half rusted off. I broke it off by hand and thought this seemed like a good place to cut. So I got out the Dewalt and hacked that sumbitch off.

I took it down the road and holy ----! I cannot believe the difference! Pulled the wheel right out of my hand. Now it almost smokes the tires going into second. I am definitely going to have to get the power steering fixed now.

It feels like I cut a second of my 1/4 mile time (I actually have never run the 1/4 in this car, I am just using my butt dyno).

jamesmonty
05-18-2009, 07:49 AM
Cut the cat off next!

Twisted Noodle
05-18-2009, 08:40 AM
The cat was off the first day I had her on the road... I'm probably going to order the 2.5 or 3" exhaust from Chris this week.

bakes
05-18-2009, 01:35 PM
Order the 3" exhaust you wont regret it and a 3" swing valve is woth it if you can swap it in.

blk86trbo
05-18-2009, 05:38 PM
Oh yeah, getting rid of the exhaust is a HUGE difference...of course we don't have to tell you that!:thumb:

Twisted Noodle
05-19-2009, 01:24 PM
Looking into possibly doing the 3" exhaust kit from TU that includes the downpipe. Not sure if I can swing the swing valve yet. I have a 3 bar and +40's on the way hopefully this week also. I want to have all this stuff and get it re tuned by SDAC. Oh yeah I can't forget about my power steering. I'm going to look like popeye if I keep driving around like this..lol I have to lick my fingers in order to get traction on the steering wheel.

Aries_Turbo
05-19-2009, 05:55 PM
you need the 3" swingvalve to mate up to the 3" downpipe.

you can run a 3" downpipe with a 2.5" swingvalve but it trashes the gasket a little bit but its not a big deal. since you have an 87, you have a 2.25" swingvalve.

I have an extra 2.5" swingvalve btw. shoot me a PM.

Brian

badandy
05-20-2009, 09:42 AM
Brian, I think you meant to say since he has an 87 he has the 2.25 swingvalve...hence why you are offering to sell him a 2.5 so he can bolt up the 3" exhaust.