PDA

View Full Version : Anybody use Nason Paint?

shelbydave
05-15-2009, 02:51 PM
I'm told it's one of the cheaper paints by Dupont. I just got a quote, and it was about 1/2 the cost of the Dupont. He said the only difference is that if I was painting only part of the car and wanted to color match, the Dupont would be better, but Nason will be fine for painting the whole car.
Anyone used it?

1966 dart wagon
05-15-2009, 05:07 PM
The guy is right on his statements, dupont for color matches, if painting whole car use whatever you want. My dad sprayed the front end of my sisters car with nason, color is off(expected) but looks alright and is holding up alright.

Ive always been suggested when going lower lines of paint, go omni, what color are you painting??, that would also factor into what brand to use, if its a metallic color id use something better IMO(DuPont chromapremier/ or ppgs alternative) But if its a straight color(nothing special) then go for it.

Good luck:thumb: What are you going to use for clear?

Xtrempickup
05-15-2009, 05:38 PM
my friend uses Nason and likes it

shelbydave
05-15-2009, 06:15 PM
The guy is right on his statements, dupont for color matches, if painting whole car use whatever you want. My dad sprayed the front end of my sisters car with nason, color is off(expected) but looks alright and is holding up alright.

Ive always been suggested when going lower lines of paint, go omni, what color are you painting??, that would also factor into what brand to use, if its a metallic color id use something better IMO(DuPont chromapremier/ or ppgs alternative) But if its a straight color(nothing special) then go for it.

Good luck:thumb: What are you going to use for clear?

The colors will be the Radiant silver, and Santa Fe Blue for the Shelby charger. I don't know what brand he quoted me for clear, but he did upgrade it.

Skligmund
05-15-2009, 10:56 PM
I use Nason on aircraft parts all the time (since they don't sell Delstar anymore in Alaska), I'm happy with it.

bfarroo
05-18-2009, 08:52 PM
Nason is Dupont's Comercial line where Omni is PPG's. I've used both and they are both fine. As far as color matching that's all in the tinting after the paint is mixed. They should be able to get the color dead on in any brand.

spoolinhard
05-28-2009, 03:20 PM
Beings the two colors you chose have alot of pearl in them, they will probably look like poop in a lower line. Omni converts to shopline. If you must use a lower line use shopline. I used low line dupont on one of my cars. The color was so thin that we had to tint the primer, and it took about 5 coats of color to get it to cover. THen I compared it to a sample of PPG DBC. The PPG put the dupont to shame. Much more Vibrant. I have since sprayed the same color with the PPG. It came pretty close to covering in one coat. There is a difference.

rare_ram
05-28-2009, 04:55 PM
Any opinions on Marin Senour paint?

spoolinhard
05-28-2009, 05:37 PM
Any opinions on Marin Senour paint?

Even worse. Color match is terrible. As far as doing a complete I have no opinion. Of course I am a bit biased to PPG.