PDA

View Full Version : stupid clutch pedal miraculously fixed...

zshadow
04-23-2006, 01:20 AM
so ive been having some troubles with my clutch pedal not having any tension, and the auto adjuster not working correctly and what not. normally id have to almost slam the pedal to the ground in order to get it to engauge, and the pedal had about 3-4 inches of play untill it grabbed, but tonight that changed.

tonight i went over to my uncles house for a little get together thingy.

i come out to the car, and somehow my clutch pedal was tensioned, perfectly tight, and had zero play in the line.

i swear someone broke into my car and fixed it for me.

Charger R/T
04-23-2006, 10:20 AM
the mopar fairies at work again. I once broadsided a car in my 84 reliant wagon and the front end was visually shifted to the passenger side but drove fine. so I banged the corner of the hood straight and put in a new headlight bucket, light, and bezel and after a few months the car fixed itself and was straight again. I think the fairies were created for the filming of Christine and have been out of work since so they just roam the country fixing mopars.
Tim

BadAssPerformance
04-23-2006, 10:28 AM
Nice farie theory... too bad there are more gremlins than faries!

sounds like the adjuster must have started to work... did you accidentally pull up on the clutch pedal the last time you drove it when it didnt work before it magically worked?

zshadow
04-23-2006, 10:59 PM
faries sound good to me!

no i never touched the pedal, execpt for the first time we put the tranny back on.

MiniMopar
05-10-2006, 01:54 AM
Yeah, the little spring-loaded, toothed rail thingy that's in the pedal arm sometimes gets jammed. I just put a new clutch in my CSX and had similar issues with the adjuster not taking up the slack. Sometimes the cable pops out of the adjuster too, especially if you push the cable into the sheath when you are pulling/installing the trans.