PDA

View Full Version : Intercooler Fan Pic

boost geek
04-23-2006, 01:10 AM
Anyone running an intercooler fan? I spent a better part of the day installing mine, I thought it turned out pretty good. It's a plastic one out of a Neon, did some hacksawing and trimming on it, and didn't even have to pull the rad out to get it in. I did have to remove the vertical support in front of the rad though, now I'm one step closer to T2! :thumb:

turbovanmanČ
04-23-2006, 01:13 AM
Nicely done, getting the fever huh, :thumb:

boost geek
04-23-2006, 01:16 AM
Yup! I notice some antifreeze on that pic. Better check it out...

zshadow
04-23-2006, 01:17 AM
once you go t2 you'll never go back :thumb:

overall nice setup!

boost geek
04-23-2006, 01:18 AM
Thanks. I wanna get it done in one weekend, my daily driver!

Russ Jerome
04-23-2006, 11:37 AM
Polaris ATV fan and some aluminum:
http://hometown.aol.com/russjerome/images/heatsheild1.jpg

Working great so far but temps still 60/70 max up here in
the armpit of America...
http://hometown.aol.com/russjerome/images/heatsheild2.jpg

gti_7
04-23-2006, 01:00 PM
LOL.. this is rather ironic. A few years ago i was wanting to do this, adding a fan to the intercooler, and EVERYONE i came into contact with who i told my idea to, replied that it wasnt a good idea and i would loose more than gain from it.. well they were wrong as its nowthe newest of things to do.. goes to show i guess.. but im not ranting, just observing.. lol :D

Good fab work by the way looks nice and stock! which is what i hope you were going for :D

bernard

Murphy
04-23-2006, 03:14 PM
I can see that being a great improvment a lowerspeeds but will that hurt the flow in any way at higher speeds? like at 100mph will the fan still be pulling or will the air be pushing the fan?

not bashing......just a thought

boost geek
04-23-2006, 03:48 PM
I can see that being a great improvment a lowerspeeds but will that hurt the flow in any way at higher speeds? like at 100mph will the fan still be pulling or will the air be pushing the fan?

not bashing......just a thought
At moving speeds the fan wont be turned on, just waiting in the half hour pit line.:( My fan is 12", the intercooler core is 24" long, so it wont matter anyways because my intercooler core is overkill at 24x12x4". I just put it on to take away some heat soak. I also positioned it as far away from the rad as possible, covers the rad by about 6".

Murphy
04-23-2006, 05:38 PM
sounds good:thumb: