PDA

View Full Version : Bov ?

Mike_Shepard
12-25-2005, 10:17 PM
I'm look'n for one but with all of them out there im lost lol, I'm not looking for a super loud one or a quiet one but one that works great. A friend has an HKS super sequential and he says he likes it. I was also told that the 1G DSM's are a popular one for our cars but I need something that'll hold up to a potential 350+ HP. so eith that said what do you suggest ?

Oh and this is for a 89 shelby daytona with a mildly built bottom end and a soon to be built top end and bigger turbo

8valves
12-25-2005, 10:59 PM
HKS's are very reliable for low and high boost setups since they employ a dual valve setup, as well as a pull type valve.

TiAL's are not the best for everyone as they don't release until a minimum of 5-7 psi... some people with smaller turbos that easily get into those boost levels under easy driving conditions don't like that.

TurboXS units are also fairly good units. TurboSmart's are also good units. A lot of it is personal preference. 1G DSM bov's will support a lot of power and a lot of airflow/boost, but to me there are more reliable choices out there such as the above mentioned.

Aaron Miller

Tony Hanna
12-26-2005, 06:19 PM
I've run a 1g DSM bov on both of my past TD's and am planning to run one on the Sundance when it's done. The limitation of the stock 1g unit isn't the power being made, it's the boost you are running. An unmodified 1g bov will handle 18-20 psi. One that's been modified will handle 30+ psi with no problem. The modification for high boost is pretty simple and a detailed how-to can be found on Gary's site here.http://www.thedodgegarage.com/turbo_bov_mod.html
As for sound, it's all a matter of opinion, but I think the DSM bov is perfect. It's loud enough to be noticable without being so loud as to get annoying over time.