PDA

View Full Version : ShelbyLancer.com

Twisted Noodle
05-07-2009, 04:10 PM
Hey all,

I just bought ShelbyLancer.com. I can't believe no one had this name already. I want to make it into an informative site to answer all the questions I have ever had on my Shelby Lancer. I want to have tech articles and video's not totally specific to the SL but to the whole TM community.

This will be my first website so I am looking for tips, hints, and ideas from anyone on Turbo-Mopar.

I value all of your input! You can post here, PM me and of course Email me at Nate@ShelbyLancer.com

Thanks

Nate

SpiritedShelbys
05-07-2009, 04:17 PM
Awesome, congrats man! I can't wait to see that materialize. Maybe it will help create interest and save some cars. You should post this on there as well..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSxFJbfgNZw&feature=channel_page

Twisted Noodle
05-08-2009, 08:18 AM
Does anyone know of any good free website development software?

neonsox
05-08-2009, 09:01 AM
I work in software and would recommend MAMP if you use a Mac or XAMPP on the Windows side. Both are packages designed with everything you need to build and host your own site. I don't design websites (although I built a Wiki for my company using MAMP and coding some PHP) but I've been told Dreamweaver is good stuff as well.

As for the content, well I could go on for hours writing up an email with ideas. Start with a sweet history and production numbers or maybe a link to the registry... to name a few. A good resource site would be good too, somewhere to get a paint code or part number. Our SL's don't really get a lot of press like some of the other bodies do, so this site could by a one-stop source of information if done correctly.

looneytuner
05-08-2009, 09:04 AM
My son set up this site recently. They liked it so much that he is now on the board of directors.

http://www.stlbb.org/

Twisted Noodle
05-08-2009, 10:08 AM
Awesome, congrats man! I can't wait to see that materialize. Maybe it will help create interest and save some cars. You should post this on there as well.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSxFJbfgNZw&feature=channel_page

Thanks, I would love to get a video section. Street Racing, burnouts, Drag racing. Things you don't see very much with the SL's.

As for the content, well I could go on for hours writing up an email with ideas. Start with a sweet history and production numbers or maybe a link to the registry... to name a few. A good resource site would be good too, somewhere to get a paint code or part number. Our SL's don't really get a lot of press like some of the other bodies do, so this site could by a one-stop source of information if done correctly.

You have a PM

My son set up this site recently. They liked it so much that he is now on the board of directors.

http://www.stlbb.org/

Thank you, I am downloading it now. I am dumb when it comes to this stuff. This looks like it might be user friendly.

mcsvt
05-08-2009, 10:49 AM
I don't know if you need a host but T-M offers space.

Twisted Noodle
05-08-2009, 10:51 AM
The hosting is all taken care of. Thank you though. I did look into it.

Twisted Noodle
05-08-2009, 04:04 PM
Just an update:

I have something started. The site is still under construction. I put something up today to show my poor photoshopping skills. Please keep the ideas coming. I have been working with Neonsox and a site developer/friend of his. They are sort of helping me out with ideas and pointing me in the correct direction as far as software and what direction I want to take this.

Thanks guys

Shelbylancer.com

Twisted Noodle
05-09-2009, 07:15 PM
I am having a difficult time attaching video's to the web page. They don't seem to play when you pull them up. Anyone familiar with this?

Vigo
05-10-2009, 12:49 PM
No help here but best wishes! IMO those cars dont get enough attention in the community! That and a spirit r/t are probably the only of these turbo mopars that id 'pay money' for. Cant wait to see where this is going.

Twisted Noodle
05-10-2009, 01:05 PM
IMO those cars dont get enough attention in the community!

Agreed!

Cant wait to see where this is going.

Me neither..lol

I'm still working on it, haven't published anything new to the internet yet.

Still trying to figure out how to apply video's to it. It isn't working out for me very well.

minigts
05-10-2009, 01:14 PM
Dude, FIX your signature! Where is www.shelbylancer.com!? ;)

Twisted Noodle
05-10-2009, 01:25 PM
..lol fixed

neonsox
05-11-2009, 12:26 PM
Looks good so far. We're currently designing the logo for www.shelbydodge.net which will naturally link to shelbylancer.com and other various sites in the community. Here's hoping both sites can unite the community and become another source of great information.

SebringLX
05-11-2009, 12:39 PM
The way you are embedding the video would only work if you had the video file on your server. I see you have it pointing to YouTube. YouTube is blocked at work here so I can't bring up the instructions to post the link here for you... Google "Embed youtube video" and you should find instructions from YouTube itself for doing it.

WickedShelby88
05-11-2009, 12:42 PM
So is this only going to be for the numbered cars? Reason I ask is the lancer Shelby's are pretty rare indeed. I don't believe in them getting any more respect than a corporate counterpart, but they definitely are under appreciated IMO. What do you think?

bakes
05-11-2009, 12:58 PM
So is this only going to be for the numbered cars? Reason I ask is the lancer Shelby's are pretty rare indeed. I don't believe in them getting any more respect than a corporate counterpart, but they definitely are under appreciated IMO. What do you think?

+1 I own a LS too

Twisted Noodle
05-11-2009, 03:26 PM
This site can be about the LS or SL. I don't know what the difference in parts is.. I was originally going to build this site as I was documenting things I was doing. So I could guarantee factual information. I would imagine the SL and LS would both share most of the same "stuff" but maybe not.

The big thing that spared this was me not being able to find rear brakes. There are some brakes that are close to the original. I have not found a perfect match yet.

I would be happy to make this as broad as I can. I just need more information.

neonsox
05-11-2009, 03:33 PM
I believe the LS has the cross-drilled "common block" 2.2 motor, A-555 transmission (this I'm definitely not sure about, they might have had the 520 as well), and the 1-piece intake. There were fewer of them built in both '88 and '89 than the 800 numbered LS cars in '87.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

WickedShelby88
05-12-2009, 01:33 AM
About right there, but no common block for 88. Had the A555 and I believe bigger sway bars? The brakes were sub par standard ES fare as was the struts IIRC. Only options were a sunroof and an automatic trans, though I think some cars got the navigator. I could be wrong on the navigator though as I have NEVER seen an LS with one. Definitely more rare and also harder to find I would say in the LS variety. I believe black was offered for 89. I have never seen one in person. That would be a sweet color for one of these. Hey a few GLHS's got repainted. Why not do a SL.

neonsox
05-12-2009, 09:02 AM
There's another thread about painting a SL black. I'm not a big fan of changing out the factory Graphic Red. I think it would be OK on a LS but not so much on a numbered car, and that's just my purist nature when it comes to these cars. I'm not saying that the numbered cars are better than the more rare factory LS, but I think that they should be kept true to Shelby's modifications (even though I hear he wanted them to originally be blue).

Not to advertise another forum or anything, but the Team Shelby guys seem to have access to some inside information regarding anything Shelby ever touched. There's no better place than here for the technical side, but if you want the business and historical side you may find a wealth of information by going straight to the source.