PDA

View Full Version : Wanted known good 2.5 +40 cal!

turbovanmanČ
04-22-2006, 03:32 AM
I am at my wits end and believe my cal is no good, anyone have a dyno tested or known good cal I could borrow or buy if the price is right. 2.5, +40's, good IC, fully ported head and 2 piece intake, 3 bar. Thanks.

Keito
04-22-2006, 06:40 PM
Now your talking!

turbovanmanČ
04-22-2006, 06:46 PM
Now your talking!

Huh? :confused:

boost geek
04-22-2006, 07:36 PM
Now your talking!
Thats what he was running...

ShelGame
04-22-2006, 10:46 PM
I am at my wits end and believe my cal is no good, anyone have a dyno tested or known good cal I could borrow or buy if the price is right. 2.5, +40's, good IC, fully ported head and 2 piece intake, 3 bar. Thanks.

What do you mean by "no good"? What is the cal doing wrong?

I've made a cal for 3-bar, +40's using the MP timing/fuel curves. It's posted on D-Cal. Just get someone to burn it to a chip for you and swap it out.

I'm personally running a +20 3-bar cal of my own, and so far it's dead nuts on. I haven't done any tweaking to it yet, though.

turbovanmanČ
04-22-2006, 10:59 PM
What do you mean by "no good"? What is the cal doing wrong?

I've made a cal for 3-bar, +40's using the MP timing/fuel curves. It's posted on D-Cal. Just get someone to burn it to a chip for you and swap it out.

I'm personally running a +20 3-bar cal of my own, and so far it's dead nuts on. I haven't done any tweaking to it yet, though.

You have a PM.

I don't know anyone who can do that.

ShelGame
04-23-2006, 09:43 AM
You have a PM.

I don't know anyone who can do that.

Can you swap a chip? I can burn one for you...

I replied to your PM, also...

turbovanmanČ
04-23-2006, 01:27 PM
Yes and answered. Thanks Rob.:nod:

Directconnection
04-23-2006, 03:03 PM
Can you swap a chip? I can burn one for you...

I replied to your PM, also...

Rob, have you any 2.5 8v SBEC experience?

GLHSKEN
04-23-2006, 06:59 PM

+1^^^ Decided to swap My Steve M head on my son's 2.5L daytona for the summer... Won't need it until next spring. Might make a few passes, but the stock 2.5L cal will hold the car back.

Directconnection
04-23-2006, 07:03 PM
Well let me know what you find, Ken. I'll scratch yer back as well.

I am starting the wheels in motion for my car....

GLHSKEN
04-23-2006, 07:12 PM
Great Steve!! Hey, I figured I might as well steal the Son's car for a few hours this summer. He has a LOT of my parts on it!!

cordes
04-23-2006, 08:26 PM

I believe that rob has several SBEC cals on D-cal. pretty much any combination of map and injectors from what I have seen.

ShelGame
04-23-2006, 09:18 PM

Yep - I've got 3-bar +20, and +40 versions for the 2.5 T1 SBEC. They're also on D-Cal if you want to get them and burn them to a chip yourself.

ShelGame
04-23-2006, 09:23 PM
I believe that rob has several SBEC cals on D-cal. pretty much any combination of map and injectors from what I have seen.

Plus, I update them all pretty regularly (assuming I find a problem or improvement).

I'm running my own 3-bar, +20 SMEC cal right now. It starts, idles, and drives just like stock. Plugs read a little rich off of mostly WOT runs (drag car only). Which is what they should read. I've had several people test them with good results.

I even made a cal to convert a VNT to T2 status (using the T1 boost control). But, as far as I know, no one has tried it.

Wink
04-24-2006, 01:00 PM
Hey Rob,

You got a decent cal for the 88 TI's?

I'm getting an 88 Sundance 2.2 TI. And I'd like to add my +20% injectors with added boost. I've got your 89 2.5 TI calibration already. But the car decided to die on me before I could install it.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated,

Wink

ShelGame
04-24-2006, 02:26 PM
Hey Rob,

You got a decent cal for the 88 TI's?

I'm getting an 88 Sundance 2.2 TI. And I'd like to add my +20% injectors with added boost. I've got your 89 2.5 TI calibration already. But the car decided to die on me before I could install it.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated,

Wink

2- or 3-bar? You shouldn't need +20's for a 2-bar cal.

I did make a 2.2 cal from my 2.5 3-bar cal. I copied the spark/fuel tables from the VNT and MP T2 where appropriate. It's been tested, but with mixed results. Took a few tries to get it to where it is right now, and I haven't had any feedback in a month or so. You're free to try it if you want.

Directconnection
04-24-2006, 08:43 PM
Rob, how well would the cal you mentioned work on an x-vnt 1990 car. Engine is a 2.5 8v with decent +1mm portworked G-head that may be milled to bring up compression to stock specs (JE's for swirl). 3" exhaust (ported stock manifold) large NPR and a T3/T4 50 trim S3 .63 a/r?

ShelGame
04-24-2006, 09:41 PM
Rob, how well would the cal you mentioned work on an x-vnt 1990 car. Engine is a 2.5 8v with decent +1mm portworked G-head that may be milled to bring up compression to stock specs (JE's for swirl). 3" exhaust (ported stock manifold) large NPR and a T3/T4 50 trim S3 .63 a/r?

Which cal? You'd probably just want to use the 2.5 T1 cal for starters. I have it setup so that you can turn on the charge temp sensor with D-Cal. For your head work, you'll want to shift the Pumping Efficiency table probably 5-10 percentage points higher, and probably shift the peak 1-2K rpm higher (depending on where you CL the cam) - but that's just an estimate.

Directconnection
04-25-2006, 06:17 PM
Which cal? You'd probably just want to use the 2.5 T1 cal for starters. I have it setup so that you can turn on the charge temp sensor with D-Cal. For your head work, you'll want to shift the Pumping Efficiency table probably 5-10 percentage points higher, and probably shift the peak 1-2K rpm higher (depending on where you CL the cam) - but that's just an estimate.

Only if I knew how to run d-cal:)

Maybe a forum here on this topic would help?

cordes
04-25-2006, 06:19 PM
Only if I knew how to run d-cal:)

Maybe a forum here on this topic would help?

Using the software is really the easy part once you do a little reading. The hard part for me has been the chip burning, and what not. I am getting there though.

Wink
04-26-2006, 12:49 PM
2- or 3-bar? You shouldn't need +20's for a 2-bar cal.

I did make a 2.2 cal from my 2.5 3-bar cal. I copied the spark/fuel tables from the VNT and MP T2 where appropriate. It's been tested, but with mixed results. Took a few tries to get it to where it is right now, and I haven't had any feedback in a month or so. You're free to try it if you want.

Looking for a 3 bar cal.

ShelGame
04-26-2006, 01:40 PM
Looking for a 3 bar cal.

It's a 3-bar cal. It'd be great if you could try it for me. But, like I said, it's not 100% proven out yet. Can you burn a chip? PM me if you're interested...

GLHNSLHT2
04-30-2006, 11:25 AM
d'load it and play with it. It rocks. Now if only I could get the boost control working in it. :)

Whorse
04-30-2006, 11:44 AM
While everyone's asking for custom cals, what is available for VNT cals? I've been to your site quite a few times before, but I had trouble actually downloading anything I could look at, and finding out what I'd need for a chip burner, and what chips I'd need. Maybe I just looked in the wrong spots, but I think this would be very helpful to post on the site.

cordes
04-30-2006, 06:43 PM
While everyone's asking for custom cals, what is available for VNT cals? I've been to your site quite a few times before, but I had trouble actually downloading anything I could look at, and finding out what I'd need for a chip burner, and what chips I'd need. Maybe I just looked in the wrong spots, but I think this would be very helpful to post on the site.

I am putting together a very basic how to on my site. It is geared toward the LM, but you can get a really good idea from it.