PDA

View Full Version : Another case of fun

85lebaront2
04-21-2006, 08:01 PM
This is sort of a reverse ricer fly-by story. Last night, I was helping my son with an alternator issue on his Mustang. Since the replacement wasn’t charging properly, he couldn’t drive his car. We took mine to go to Advance Auto and have the replacement checked then to the warehouse he works at for some spare parts. After we left Advance, we continued down to a major road, Battlefield Boulevard, where we turned onto it. We went down Battlefield till we approached Volvo Parkway. At this point, a Honda Qualude, er Prelude with a large Fart Can on it and VTEC on the rear cut in front of us, Matt was driving as he knows the area better. An Acura pulled up next to us, also with a VTEC label and a Honda sticker and Fart Can. The left turn lanes are double and we were in the inside lane. When the light changed, the Honda shot forward, turned and with supreme effort, got a little scratch from the inside wheel. Matt, stood on the LeBaron and squalled the front tires around the corner. At this point the Acura decided to drop in behind us rater than try to pass. Matt stood on it and blew by the Honda who was pushing it as hard as he could. I don’t know how fast he got, but the trans upshifted which would be over 56 mph. Both the ricers turned off rather than get near us again.

Hooty
04-21-2006, 11:18 PM
Nice! Way to go!

BARRON
04-30-2006, 07:12 AM
I dont imagine they precieved the ol heap chrysler as much of a threat till it blew past them... after it did they had to go and gather up the posers to figure out what this relic was..

85lebaront2
05-01-2006, 08:50 PM
Gotta watch those "old heap Chryslers". On another note, a friend (drives the MG race car I crew) told me of an incident at a Porsche weekend. Somebody let a GLHS in, you got it, embarresed 911 owner.