PDA

View Full Version : Intermediate Shaft

Turbozcs2003
05-05-2009, 01:33 PM
Hi

I just bought a couple of intermediate shafts from local dealer. Anyhow they say remanufactured on them.

How the heck does one remanufacture one of these? What would wear on them, and how would they remachine it. I would think the gear section where it mates with the oil pump would wear but how the heck would you repair that?

Anyhow has anyone used on of these in a rebuilt engine and if so did you have any issues??

I guess they do not have any new ones, only remaned units.

turbovanmanČ
05-05-2009, 01:37 PM
Its there way of reselling used ones and you are correct, there are no more new ones. Just look for wear if and if none, go ahead and use it. MAKE sure the bearings are new or good.

Turbozcs2003
05-05-2009, 01:42 PM
They must do something to them??? Weld up the area where the bearing rides and machine it back into spec, heat treat or something?? They have a remanufactured in mexico written on the packaging the ship them in.

Have you used one of these?

cordes
05-05-2009, 01:45 PM
Its there way of reselling used ones and you are correct, there are no more new ones. Just look for wear if and if none, go ahead and use it. MAKE sure the bearings are new or good.

Don't forget to make sure the holes are oriented in the right spot too.

turbovanmanČ
05-05-2009, 01:50 PM
They must do something to them??? Weld up the area where the bearing rides and machine it back into spec, heat treat or something?? They have a remanufactured in mexico written on the packaging the ship them in.

Have you used one of these?

No, never used one but thats the deal we've figured out. Not sure what they do?