PDA

View Full Version : rampage braking

W.P._Turbocars
04-21-2006, 03:08 PM
I installed a set of 11" vented rears on my Rampage yesterday and am lowering it this weekend. I am lost as to which master cylinder, booster, etc. to use with these brakes and am also wanting to convert to 2nd gen neon front suspension. Being this truck will never see any weight in the back of the box again can the rear prop. setup be removed?

Basically, I'm totally lost at this point and need some advice/help to go further with my project.

Thanks.
Gary

2.216VTurbo
04-21-2006, 09:35 PM
I had heard that the Spirit's had less rear brake bias than most FWD Mopars so when I put the 11" brakes on the back of my Rampage, I grabbed a Spirit prop. valve. Not sure where I heard that or why it made sense to me at the time, but I don't know why a car with more rear weight would have less bias:o Anyway, my Rampage brakes nicely with the 11's all the way around but it has not seen any track duty yet (SDAC maybe:eyebrows: ) and it will lock the rears first in a heavy brakeing situation.

I think the only real way to do it for maximum performance would be to add two aftermarket adjustable prop valves and set them up by trial and error. Then again for max performance, do the asslight Rampages really need the big vented rotors?? Towing maybe, but for track duty IMO (untested yet) the heavier vented rears would just be uneccessary unsprung weight.

WVRampage
04-22-2006, 12:06 AM
The rear hight sensing valve on my rampage has been removed and the prop valve is from a daytona,the rotors on the rear are non vented and the ones on the front are the vented brakes from a van so the rear brakes are bigger but it stops real fast.Also mune will lock the rear first under heavy braking but by the time you get that much in to the petal your were you need to be on the autocross its great.

2.216VTurbo
04-22-2006, 01:55 AM
I commend you from being 'totaly lost' one day to brakes are working great the next day, I wish my projects moved that fast
:clap2:

The larger 24mm master cylinder will move more fluid per stroke and the net effect will be a firmer pedal with better feel. Now for those really sticky treadware 000 tires;)