PDA

View Full Version : need help asap need to go to work

psi2hi
04-21-2006, 12:02 AM
okay i got my car running pretty good but i can only get into it once before it starts messing up now it won't run right i checked the timing and its still good it's a 86 shelby charger t2 convert stage 3 glhs lm from fwd performance afpr 803 injectors frount mount 10lbs for vaccume gasked matched head intake exhaust 2.5in down pipe i have no clue what else to do.another problem is that when i go to put my car into reverse it's frist gear then when i put my car into frist gear it's in 3rd what can be wrong there?i'v e tried messing with the linkage under the car (the clamp)but no change need helkp asap

tryingbe
04-21-2006, 01:39 AM
Manual with A525?
I thought strage 3 needs bigger injectors than 803?

Looks like you'll be hitching a ride tomorrow.

psi2hi
04-21-2006, 01:45 AM
with the afpr they work i think and yes 525 and the stage 3 comp calls for 804's so i still think they will work because my 40's i think will be to big

GLHSKEN
04-21-2006, 07:22 AM
10psi Vacuum??? If you mean 10 inches, then that is WAY low. You should be idling at 17-19" Usually an indication of a timing problem.

Dave
04-21-2006, 08:18 AM
Yup, that kind of vaccum can only mean 2 things: (1. HUGE monster cam, or (2. Timing is way off. Which would explain why it doesn't run right either. Look at the sprockets and make sure the timing marks on the crank and accessory cog have the slash marks pointing towards each other, and that the cam gear and crank gear have the slash marks completely in line. Use a straight edge.

The S is Silent
04-21-2006, 09:37 AM
What is your ignition timing? After putting the 2.2 in my van, I drove it around without setting the ignition timing. I had no power and the vacuum was way low. After setting it...night and day difference.

turbovanmanČ
04-21-2006, 12:02 PM
Double check your linkage, it gets worn out and can give you false gears. The plastic heim joints wear out and so do the pivots. Have a buddy move the gear shift around and watch the linkage at the trans, I bet you will instantly see your problem. I know you can get updated stuff, just search our trans FAQ section.

psi2hi
04-21-2006, 04:51 PM
i hate timing:(when i try to time my car even when the car is warm and with the coolant temp senser is unpluged it's really hard to timing it because,its bouncing around

Lee'sdaytona
04-21-2006, 06:14 PM
i hate timing:(when i try to time my car even when the car is warm and with the coolant temp senser is unpluged it's really hard to timing it because,its bouncing around
You have to mess around with the distributer a little and if I remember right, your angle of view....It will bounce around like crazy for a while, but if done right, you'll be able to see that line nice and steady
-Lee