PDA

View Full Version : Computer question

1966 dart wagon
05-04-2009, 09:03 PM
My friend has a 03 srt4, and traded a turbo for a stage one computer and s1 injectors, now he needs the computer to be reflashed for his car.

He says the dealership cannot send it off to flights systems(people that flashed them for the dealer) so he called flight systems and they do not deal with off the street people.

The dealer said he can install the stuff and tow the car there but it will be a hit or miss.

What do you guys think he should do?

He says all he can do now is either sell this and buy a new computer from modern performance, but there has gotta be something he can do

Thanks guys!!:nod:

SoCalCSX
05-04-2009, 10:07 PM
He doesn't need to tow it to the dealer. Just put the stage 1 injectors in and drive it to the dealer. Put in the Stage 1 ECU in the parking lot and have them flash it with the DRB. Drive home happy.:thumb:

I say take it to another dealer where it won't be "hit or miss". All they have to do is put in a new VIN, nothing hit or miss about it.

1966 dart wagon
05-04-2009, 11:06 PM
He doesn't need to tow it to the dealer. Just put the stage 1 injectors in and drive it to the dealer. Put in the Stage 1 ECU in the parking lot and have them flash it with the DRB. Drive home happy.:thumb:

I say take it to another dealer where it won't be "hit or miss". All they have to do is put in a new VIN, nothing hit or miss about it.

I told him just throw in injectors in and do what you said, he said the dealer told him the car will not start w/o the computer flashed, which may be bs trying to get you to bring it to them for the labor

oh i forgot to mention the computer is from a 04/05 srt, which he says has a battery temp sensor, so that might be a problem im assuming

rich tideswell
05-04-2009, 11:45 PM
took some digging on srtforums but I finally found it (this post is from 2005 so I doubt the prices are accurate:

Hello,
My name is Stephanie and I am from Flight Systems, the company that supplies you with your turbo kits. If you have bought a used PCM and need your VIN number reflashed into it you can send your PCM to me and I can reflash it for you. As you should know, if you do not do this and try to install the PCM in your vehicle without changing the VIN, your vehicle will not start. The charge for this will be $25 plus s&h. I can either ship it back to you overnight air which is quite expensive or ground which will only cost $4-5 more on top of the $25. The cost for everything will come COD on delivery. The address you will need to send it to is:

Flight Systems
1040 East Maple Road
Troy, MI 48083
Attn: Stephanie/Reprogram

Please make sure to put inside the box your VIN number, address to send it back to, a telephone number I can reach you at in case of any problems, and how you would like it sent back to you. Please make sure the PCM is packaged properly because any damage that happens on delivery to me is not my responsibility. Let me know when you are sending it out to me so I know when it should arrive. If there is anything else you need to know you can either pm me or give me a call at (248)577-2800 Ex.21. The turnaround time for this is usually only a couple days if not that same day I receive it. Have a great day!!

Stephanie
Flight Systems