PDA

View Full Version : Need a Vert top black

knustylz kustomz
04-20-2006, 09:04 PM
I need a vert top. I have a buddy that just picked up a 92 baron w/ 2.5 turbo. It has to be black. I am located in Michigan. If anyone has any info on a top or know where to get one please let me know.

John B
04-21-2006, 05:03 AM
JC Whitney sells them for less than $200. There are several online top suppliers also. Good luck with the installation!

Tony Fields
04-21-2006, 06:13 AM
I need a vert top. I have a buddy that just picked up a 92 baron w/ 2.5 turbo. It has to be black. I am located in Michigan. If anyone has any info on a top or know where to get one please let me know.

ebay always has a few........

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lebaron-87-95-SAILCLOTH-vinyl-convertible-top-New_W0QQitemZ8057889390QQcategoryZ33652QQrdZ1QQcmd ZViewItem

1quik4
04-21-2006, 11:44 PM
My dad has a brand new one but it won't be no $200. I always though they were quite a bit more than that. I'm in Windsor, which isn't far from you. PM what you are willing to pay and I will run it by him.

LynX853
04-22-2006, 07:05 PM
installation is really a challange. I ended up having mine done at a upholstry place. 1200 bux later and its great, plus a 5 year warrenty and new headliner. plus they new their stuff and said (1989 baron) where my tears were was common because of that stitching strip near the back of the top a few inches above the back window. apperently in the later model lebarons they fixxed this problem by getting rid of it all together and asked me if i wanted that type of top instead. so i got it, and now it gives it a sleeker look, plus nowhere for tears to start.

installing a top takes streaching and messing with cables ect, unless you really know what your doing, I say take it somewhere, get a warrenty and be done with it. its not worth the frusteration and headache otherwise.

knustylz kustomz
04-23-2006, 10:21 PM
alright thanks for that info. I figured it would be a pain but not that bad. I will try and talk him into that.

Blue Iroc R/T
04-24-2006, 07:15 AM
installation is really a challange. I ended up having mine done at a upholstry place. 1200 bux later and its great, plus a 5 year warrenty and new headliner. plus they new their stuff and said (1989 baron) where my tears were was common because of that stitching strip near the back of the top a few inches above the back window. apperently in the later model lebarons they fixxed this problem by getting rid of it all together and asked me if i wanted that type of top instead. so i got it, and now it gives it a sleeker look, plus nowhere for tears to start.

installing a top takes streaching and messing with cables ect, unless you really know what your doing, I say take it somewhere, get a warrenty and be done with it. its not worth the frusteration and headache otherwise.

^+1
I was going to reply to this and say that I have one that is only a little over a year old and I'm going to be parting out the 92 Lebaron Conv. But it won't be until the end of May due to other priority projects. This top also was over $1200 for top and new headliner installed. It's a "Roberts" top, if that means anything to anyone. I am still trying to find out what a reasonable price would be, since I know that a lot of that $1200 price is labor & warranty.

knustylz kustomz
04-24-2006, 12:30 PM
^+1
I was going to reply to this and say that I have one that is only a little over a year old and I'm going to be parting out the 92 Lebaron Conv. But it won't be until the end of May due to other priority projects. This top also was over $1200 for top and new headliner installed. It's a "Roberts" top, if that means anything to anyone. I am still trying to find out what a reasonable price would be, since I know that a lot of that $1200 price is labor & warranty.
well I will look around to see if I can find you a used price. If you come up with a idea of what you want then let me know. I will wait till the end of may if I have to for a good top.

Wink
04-24-2006, 12:53 PM
Honestly, if you take your time, have the proper tools (staple gun and glue), and the proper information for aligning the frame; installation isn't all that horrible. I did mine myself, and it turned out pretty good. I used a complete weekend to do it. And I only worked on it for a few hours each day. Removal took me about 2 hours, being carefull. Rigging the frame took about another 2 hours. The actuall installation of the top and rear glass took me about 4 hours. But I really took my time. I had the header panel attached and detached at least 5 times to get the wrinkles out. But I'm sure that you can do the same with similar results with less time than I used.

Not bad for $800 in parts.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y169/mwinkle353/The%20Headless%20Horseman/newtop3.jpghttp://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y169/mwinkle353/The%20Headless%20Horseman/newtop2.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y169/mwinkle353/The%20Headless%20Horseman/newtop1.jpg

Wink

Whorse
04-24-2006, 11:46 PM
Is yours an OEM replacement or the newer style with less stitching? I think the newer style are much harder to install, but I haven't seen any proof of it.