PDA

View Full Version : solved a Neon mystery

spoolinhard
04-30-2009, 01:00 PM
A little background info. The only car that has even come close to beating my SRT on the streets was another neon. It was a stock appearing sxt. I was leaving the dragstrip last summer. when this gray 03+ sxt with neon underglow lights starts coming after me rather aggressively. I thought yeah right:p I am ready and waiting. He starts to pull into the next lane to go around me and I punch it. My grin starts to fade as he is slowly creeping around me. He gets close to my rear bumper and I hit full boost and I start pulling on him good enough that he pulled back in behind me. We were about to hit gravel, speeds were just about to get crazy. I decided I had proved my point. I let off the gas and the asshat does the good ol ricer flyby. I had always thought that 1. the car was an srt swap, or 2 that it was a built to the max 2.4 N/A. My srt is stock.

I am down in the town that the dragstrip is in a couple days ago. Out of the corner of my eye I see a grey neon with a body kit sitting outside an apartment. I turn around and look at it. I am assuming that the body kit was added since our encounter. Had to be same car. looked super riced out and beat up. Had a sticker that said turbo on the trunk.

rich tideswell
05-05-2009, 07:52 AM
mods: can we move this thread to www.srtforums.com please?

spoolinhard
05-05-2009, 11:19 AM
I assure you I am NOTHING like the majority of the people on srtforums.

JohnnyIroc
05-05-2009, 11:27 AM
that's terrible a riced out neon:(

spoolinhard
05-05-2009, 03:05 PM
that's terrible a riced out neon:(

I had an expetive of what I thought of the owner(non profanity). I took it out. It was kind of like stool but without one of the letters.

spoolinhard
05-05-2009, 03:08 PM
perhaps my street racing bothered him also.

turbovanmanČ
05-05-2009, 03:12 PM
Where there pics? :confused:

JohnnyIroc
05-05-2009, 03:23 PM
I had an expetive of what I thought of the owner(non profanity). I took it out. It was kind of like stool but without one of the letters.

lmao yeah i bet he is

spoolinhard
05-05-2009, 11:09 PM
Where there pics? :confused:

No pics.

TopDollar69
05-06-2009, 10:49 AM
Your story kind of left me hanging. Did you figure out anything more about the neon?

mario03SRT
05-06-2009, 11:45 AM
SRT 4 swap into a SXT is a piece of cake!

spoolinhard
05-06-2009, 11:47 AM
Your story kind of left me hanging. Did you figure out anything more about the neon?

Sorry. I edited it because it obviously upset one of our members. Nope, just the fact that it was turbo was good enough for me. I had assumed that it was until I found it. THen I knew for sure.

GLHNSLHT2
05-06-2009, 12:03 PM
a turbo sticker? Really? That closes the deal for you? HAHHA Guess I should take a pic of the n/a shadow with turbo sticker on the window next time I'm there.

t3rse
05-06-2009, 01:40 PM
there is a super rice turbo neon in my area

spoolinhard
05-06-2009, 05:27 PM
a turbo sticker? Really? That closes the deal for you? HAHHA Guess I should take a pic of the n/a shadow with turbo sticker on the window next time I'm there.

The fact that theres a turbo decal on it and it ALMOST took my srt closes the deal.