PDA

View Full Version : Suspension: rear axle stuff, springs, ect

135sohc
04-29-2009, 02:36 AM
I need a couple things.

rear drum backing/mounting plate.
trailing arm pivot hangers. for the later style 'wide' round bushings
bracket that bolts onto the axle right by the pivot point and holds the rubber hose where it attaches to the steel hard line.
mounting plate/cup that the jounce bumper attaches to. Its what keeps the upper insulator & spring end centered on the frame rail.

set of rear springs from a 4dr P body. These are just temporary while I'm getting the originals restored.

rear brake cable from a P body with drums. dont need to be flawless (nor do I expect to find them) I just need a good part to send off to inline tube so they have a template to make new ones.

rear brake hardlines, from the rubber hose to the wheel cylinder, both sides and these are also drum brake specific. with as few kinks, damage or exrta bends as possible, also for template purposes.

basically the whole rear end minus the actual axle assembly. tell me what you got. a package deal for everything would be even better

135sohc
04-30-2009, 12:35 AM
:bump2:

dodgeshadowchik
04-30-2009, 08:28 PM
I need a couple things.

rear drum backing/mounting plate.
bracket that bolts onto the axle right by the pivot point and holds the rubber hose where it attaches to the steel hard line.

set of rear springs from a 4dr P body. These are just temporary while I'm getting the originals restored.

I have these. And the backing plates are not rusted out. I will try to get some pics to you but I'm pretty busy with school right now. PM me an offer for the stuff if your interested.

Xtrempickup
05-02-2009, 07:41 PM
i have a complete rear disc rear axle assembly here in NJ that probably has all the rear parts you want less the drums and lines since its disc brake

135sohc
05-03-2009, 08:35 PM
i have a complete rear disc rear axle assembly here in NJ that probably has all the rear parts you want less the drums and lines since its disc brake

I've got a solid replacement axle already. I need those parts so I can have a 2nd complete assembly to get powdercoated and prepped for installation. and when everything is ready, just swap out axles. To minimize downtime

I'm also staying with 14" wheels/tires so drums are ok. Bigger vented stuff wont fit and the regular non vented discs are no better than drums for stopping power.