PDA

View Full Version : Part #s for TIII exhaust manifold studs and nuts

iTurbo
04-19-2006, 10:09 PM
If anybody needs new exhaust manifold studs and nuts I've found some that work perfectly for the TIII. The OEM parts are NS1.

Exhaust studs are McMaster-Carr, part # 93210 A303
Nuts are Mopar part # 06504152 (intake nuts for DOHC Neon)

For the long center bolt, I'm reusing the stock one. Unsure on the length but the thread is M8 with 1.25 thread pitch. I've also found that the two outermost studs will need sealant applied on the threads because they thread into a cooling passage.

86Shelby
04-19-2006, 11:49 PM
Thanks for the numbers! Sounds like you're getting the R/T back togther??? :)

One thing someone might want to do when looking for exhaust fasteners is to visit your GM dealer. The GM factory stuff seems to have a nice anti-sieze coating on them that works wonderful. Seems to be about model year 2000 and up is when they used those fasteners all the time. If the parts guy is willing to take the time and you have the thread diameter, pitch and legnth, you should be able to get some nice bolts/studs/nuts to get everything together.

bansheenut420
04-19-2006, 11:57 PM
Good info to have! I am tearing my RT down right now and should probably replace those while I am at it. Thanks! :thumb:
This info should be put in the alternate parts stickey...

iTurbo
04-20-2006, 12:36 AM
Oh squiddlesticks, I totally forgot about that alternate parts thread!

And yes, the Spirit R/T is being put back together (finally!!), with the TIII. I bought it over two years ago, put about 4000 miles on it, and it has sat motionless for about 14 months now. I can only hope it will be running this summer some time, hopefully before SDAC.

I'm stuck waiting for parts at the moment though. I've also decided to have the transaxle rebuilt with OBX and 3.50 final drive. I need to stop with the upgrades and get this beast running finally.

bansheenut420
05-10-2006, 03:25 AM
Thanks for the numbers! Sounds like you're getting the R/T back togther??? :)

One thing someone might want to do when looking for exhaust fasteners is to visit your GM dealer. The GM factory stuff seems to have a nice anti-sieze coating on them that works wonderful. Seems to be about model year 2000 and up is when they used those fasteners all the time. If the parts guy is willing to take the time and you have the thread diameter, pitch and legnth, you should be able to get some nice bolts/studs/nuts to get everything together.
I will put other dodge stuff on my RT but I draw the line at GM products on my mopar! :yuck: :D

;)

iTurbo
05-11-2006, 12:03 PM
No 3-bar MAPs for you then!:D

bansheenut420
05-12-2006, 01:58 AM
No 3-bar MAPs for you then!:D
DOH! I forgot about that! I got one of those on the way. Oh well, I'll just pretend its a mopar ;)

bansheenut420
06-15-2006, 09:13 AM
If anybody needs new exhaust manifold studs and nuts I've found some that work perfectly for the TIII. The OEM parts are NS1.

Exhaust studs are McMaster-Carr, part # 93210 A303
Nuts are Mopar part # 06504152 (intake nuts for DOHC Neon)

For the long center bolt, I'm reusing the stock one. Unsure on the length but the thread is M8 with 1.25 thread pitch. I've also found that the two outermost studs will need sealant applied on the threads because they thread into a cooling passage.
I tried to look these up on McMaster-car, and could not find the a303 could it be a030? Has anyone ordered them? My shortblock showed up so I am putting everything together and realized, I have no studs :thumb: lol
Thanks in advance...

Keito
06-15-2006, 12:36 PM
I bought stainless 8mm threaded rod from Mcmaster and made my
own studs.
Stainless nuts too.

iTurbo
06-17-2006, 04:29 PM
Yes, you're right, it's actually 93210 A030. Sorry!

Item description:
Metric black-oxide finish steel setup stud round shandk, M8 size, 50mm length, 1.25 pitch.

bansheenut420
06-17-2006, 07:04 PM
Yes, you're right, it's actually 93210 A030. Sorry!

Item description:
Metric black-oxide finish steel setup stud round shandk, M8 size, 50mm length, 1.25 pitch.
I bet money I would have done the same thing! lol I do it all the time :nod: Thanks for verifying, I think we should put these numbers into the alternate parts sticky. Thanks again!