PDA

View Full Version : big problem smoke

fernando
04-28-2009, 12:18 AM
hi guys i hope every body can understand me because my english is not too good but i start my car this morning i drive to work and when i push the gas everithing good but i brake but with the transmission so i was in 3th gear and i shift to second and when i look to te mirror i saw lots of blue someke and this is just when i try to brake with shift what i have to do why this happend

2.216VTurbo
04-28-2009, 01:01 AM
Do a compression check to see if you have a problem with the head gasket or rings. Post the numbers you get but if they look ok, I'd bet the valve seals or valve guides are weak. If this was a sudden problem that could be worse. Hey, is this the motor you want to run 25PSI boost and Nitrous on? Better get it running right before you try either one...

fernando
04-28-2009, 01:25 AM
yes is the same engine :(:(:(:( i just change everything inside stock new i dont do nothing to valves and head

2.216VTurbo
04-28-2009, 01:49 PM
It is possible to change the valve seals with the cylinder head still on the motor. You need to find someone with the special tool and they need to have some experirence doing it. If the guides are warn out it will wear out the seals again but they should last for several thousand miles before they do.