PDA

View Full Version : Digi dash, us and export mode?

Darkapollo
04-25-2009, 02:50 PM
I noticed a switch on the back of my digi dash marked US and EXPORT. what is the differance? i can change from us to metric with a dash button..

iangoround
04-25-2009, 04:03 PM
US mode keeps the speedo from reading above 85MPH and activating the flux capacitor at 88MPH. Flip it over to EXPORT to enjoy time travel and speedo readings past 85MPH.

bakes
04-25-2009, 04:08 PM
US mode keeps the speedo from reading above 85MPH and activating the flux capacitor at 88MPH. Flip it over to EXPORT to enjoy time travel and speedo readings past 85MPH.

+1 just make sure you dont blow the welds on the intake maifold lol

GLHNSLHT2
04-25-2009, 04:17 PM
don't put wiskey in the tank, it'll blow the fuel injection manifold and take a month to rebuild it.

Darkapollo
04-25-2009, 04:31 PM
So basically i want to leave it on export mode. lol.

iangoround
04-25-2009, 05:26 PM
Yes, but make sure you have some extra plutonium on hand (if you don't have a mr. fusion installed) and check the time travel computer settings to make sure you don't end up in 1885!

So basically i want to leave it on export mode. lol.

Darkapollo
04-25-2009, 07:16 PM
Lol. though if i went back to 1986 i could get me a real low mile glhs ;)

iangoround
04-25-2009, 08:36 PM
There is that. Just make sure you bring all your tools with you to transfer the flux capacitor and nuclear reactor in to your new wheels.

WickedShelby88
05-01-2009, 11:04 AM
Oh yeah with export mode you could actually know the car could go 118 with a T1 log and 525.. It was nice to know when you were flying versus guess after 85.:eyebrows: I never did go fast enough to develop the 1.21 gigawatts necessary to activate the flex capacitor though. I here they will be selling Mr. Fusion at Wal-Mart soon. :D Made in china.:wow1:

moparman76_69
05-01-2009, 08:17 PM
flex capacitor? that what arnold has?

Aries_Turbo
05-01-2009, 08:43 PM
i thank this thread for reminding me to flip the switch to "export" in my daytona before i put the dash trim back on. :)

Brian

Darkapollo
05-01-2009, 08:52 PM
So.. what is the max it will read to? i have to change mine back ;)

85lebaront2
05-04-2009, 09:29 AM
I'm not sure on the G body, but on the K and it's clones, unless you have the front section for export it goes 99, 00, 01, 02 etc. My son reported that he got my Konvertible to 21 passing some idiots at the Springfield Va interchange (aka mixing bowl) who tried to cut him off. Apparently if you leave it on US it goes blank over 85.

WickedShelby88
05-04-2009, 12:53 PM
I think it will go to 199 in export mode. It reads that high because when you switch to kilometers per hour only going to 100km is 60 mph.. 62.1371192 if you want to get picky..:thumb:

85lebaront2
05-05-2009, 11:06 AM
If you go into metric it probably will, but on english it goes to 00 at 100 mph.

WickedShelby88
05-11-2009, 10:45 AM
In export mode I had it reading over 100 mph. I'm assuming you mean in US mode it will only go to 100.

amcpacer
05-12-2009, 02:23 PM
I had my 85 laser TII laser display 141mph in export mode. I should have switched it to kph to see how high the numbers go but at that speed my hands stayed on the wheel.

Boorchmen
06-20-2009, 10:34 PM
I just want to let you know that I have benefited from the information here. Thanks a lot.

Aries_Turbo
06-21-2009, 12:17 AM
with my 87 daytona digi dash, there was no export mode. there was no switch. i had the whole thing apart. its doesnt matter much though cause part of that digi gauge cluster didnt work. the cel/turn signals/high beam indicators. i stole the connectors off the back of the board, grabbed some stock mech dash connectors and soldered up some adapters. i have a 89 lebaron analog mech gauge cluster in my daytona now without cutting the daytona wiring at all.

Brian

cordes
06-21-2009, 01:17 AM
with my 87 daytona digi dash, there was no export mode. there was no switch. i had the whole thing apart. its doesnt matter much though cause part of that digi gauge cluster didnt work. the cel/turn signals/high beam indicators. i stole the connectors off the back of the board, grabbed some stock mech dash connectors and soldered up some adapters. i have a 89 lebaron analog mech gauge cluster in my daytona now without cutting the daytona wiring at all.

Brian

Did you take pics as you went?

Aries_Turbo
06-21-2009, 02:31 PM
of course not. i never take pics. its the "always in a hurry" illness that i have unfortunately.

i suppose i could take it back out and take a pic of the harness i made if you would like.

all i did was take the alldata pinouts for the analog dash and the digital dash connectors and soldered them together.

i suppose i should take some pics with some of the things i do. it would save alot of typing lol.

i attached the pics i used.

a few tips. those descriptions on the diagrams seem to have the analog oil gauge and the oil idiot light descriptions backwards. i had to look at the circuit number rather than the description on those.

also the one power wire i had to hook up based on the dash wiring harness on the car rather than the description. it was the blue wire with the white stripe. it went to cavity 25 on the digital2.gif pic.

the other thing was that the digital2.gif pic says that the connector should be blue... mine is white.

in the end youll want to plug the connectors to the dash harness and double check that all the wire colors match.

Brian

cordes
06-21-2009, 02:35 PM
of course not. i never take pics. its the "always in a hurry" illness that i have unfortunately.

i suppose i could take it back out and take a pic of the harness i made if you would like.

all i did was take the alldata pinouts for the analog dash and the digital dash connectors and soldered them together.

i suppose i should take some pics with some of the things i do. it would save alot of typing lol.

i attached the pics i used.

a few tips. those descriptions on the diagrams seem to have the analog oil gauge and the oil idiot light descriptions backwards. i had to look at the circuit number rather than the description on those.

also the one power wire i had to hook up based on the dash wiring harness on the car rather than the description. it was the blue wire with the white stripe. it went to cavity 25 on the digital2.gif pic.

the other thing was that the digital2.gif pic says that the connector should be blue... mine is white.

in the end youll want to plug the connectors to the dash harness and double check that all the wire colors match.

Brian

Thanks Bucar. I'm having some trouble with one of my digi dashes, so I may give that a try.

Aries_Turbo
06-21-2009, 02:54 PM
im gonna get another digi dash cause its cool but i may stay analog for a while.

brian

Boorchmen
06-21-2009, 03:07 PM
I learned something here. Thanks for posting.