PDA

View Full Version : Omfg This Car Is A Nightmare! It's Raining Oil

Dave
04-19-2006, 11:12 AM
WTF IS GOING ON WITH THIS CAR?!?!?!?! It's literally raining oil out of my inspection plate!! WTF???? I'm running 18psi in it now with plenty of fuel, spark plugs read no detonation, lots of fuel.

I've had it to 18psi for about 5 days now, I get in a race last night, but it was just a short 2nd gear burst. I come home, wake up in the morning and there is a 2quart puddle of oil. Okay put more in, way home it's dripping like a mofo. Get it in the air and start it, oil is just pooring out the inspection plate. WTF??? :mad: I'm so ----ing mad. I just want to enjoy the damn car but it's not letting me!

Front main seal probally? That's my guess. How do I fix it???? Please help ASAP this is my daily driver!

lametec
04-19-2006, 11:19 AM
Read the reply on td.com.

R/T
04-19-2006, 12:07 PM
Rear main

Dave
04-19-2006, 12:22 PM
I'll be dropping the tranny right after I eat my calzone. :)

Like I said on TD.com I'm not mad, I understand old parts and power don't like each other. Oh well.

Wish me luck! I don't have an engine hoist, I'll be trying this with a jack. :D

CletusJones
04-19-2006, 12:46 PM
Wish me luck! I don't have an engine hoist, I'll be trying this with a jack. :D
Good luck!

See if you can find a friend to help you pull the trans. I had a friend help me (no hoist) and it was a lot for the both of us to handle perched on top of the floorjack. Have fun putting it back in too, you'll without question need a friend for that.

Turbodave
04-19-2006, 01:03 PM
Maybe a loose flywheel bolt fell out? They do go right through the crank. Would match up with you noise problem...

Dave
04-19-2006, 03:29 PM
Nah, already check the flywheel botls. Just took them off, all 4 were tight as hell.

I'll definately need a friend or two to come help me. :mad: Might have to wait until tomorrow!

Bubba
04-19-2006, 03:38 PM
Nah, already check the flywheel botls. Just took them off, all 4 were tight as hell.

I'll definately need a friend or two to come help me. :mad: Might have to wait until tomorrow!

If it were closer to the weekend I could help you out. You need to come get this tranny jack....you'll thank me later!

GLHSKEN
04-19-2006, 04:49 PM
Those were the TQ convertor bolts you checked. Flywheel/flexplate cannot be checked without pulling the trans. One out and in the bellhousing could cause a LOT of noise.

turbovanmanČ
04-19-2006, 05:14 PM
And I thought I had problems. :confused:

Sorry to hear about your luck Dave, but yep, sh*t happens, especially when we beat the living crap out of them, :thumb:

Turbodave
04-19-2006, 05:15 PM

Like Ken said, those are torque convertor bolts. You should have 8 flywheel bolts.

Dave
04-19-2006, 08:34 PM
Hmm, TC bolts then. My bad!

Well here are some pics of what I got done, which wasn't too much! :D

Got the ball joints out with the end of a jack handle and some chain. Buahaha, enguinity!!
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/567/medium/ball_joint_s_out.jpg

The axles were a huge pita! I had my bro help me hold the hub assembly as I yanked the axle out. But on the passenger side I had to hold the assembly with my knee while I yanked the axle out on that side. Bleh.
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/567/medium/axles_out.jpg

And this is where she sits now:
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/567/medium/end_of_night_tranny_removal.jpg
Yah, I know, I accidently didn't cork the tranny lines, and they pissed all day long.

Ah, but here's the magical piece that was causing all that racket! Hmm, I wonder what the bolts on the TC were hitting?
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/567/medium/broken_starter.jpg

It'll be done tomorrow morning if Christian ever calls me back. lol

5sp. mini
04-19-2006, 08:50 PM
it,s all part of the learning curve, i had 3 auto and flexplates . then fuel pump things vibrate loose like a harley . but after i let it run at 14psi most of the stuff lasted longer. keep the faith. AL

R/T
04-19-2006, 08:58 PM
Easy trans removal:

Get a 2x4, or better a 4x4 and lay it across the fenders over the trans.

Get a motorcycle tie down, wrap it around the 4x4.

Hook the S hook into the timing slot on the bellhousing.

Remove bolts.

Now you can lower the trans to the ground, or better, an old tire.

Gravity is your friend.

Assembly is the reverse of this, maybe a jack under the trans to help lift.

Bubba
04-19-2006, 10:00 PM
It'll be done tomorrow morning if Christian ever calls me back. lol

Dude, I just got home and got your message.

Dave
04-19-2006, 11:17 PM
lol I was kidding Christian!!! :D I'll give yeh a call tomorrow morning, okay man? Thanks for all your help everybody.