PDA

View Full Version : used koni price?

shadow88
04-20-2009, 09:40 PM
For a P body. I'm wondering what a reasonable price is for a used pair of struts with springs, and the whole shootin' match. I may have a line on some.

turbovanmanČ
04-20-2009, 09:48 PM
Considering new were $450 for the struts and rears were $300 I think, anything around that or more is reasonable, :o

BadAssPerformance
04-20-2009, 09:48 PM
[jedi_mind trick] you dont want those... PM JT the link [/jedi_mind trick]

:D

shadow88
04-21-2009, 08:53 AM
[jedi_mind trick] you dont want those... PM JT the link [/jedi_mind trick]

:D

Bahahaha! You want to come to Ontario for them? Be my guest. Is $400 fair or insulting for the buyer or seller?

Juggy
04-21-2009, 10:01 AM
Bahahaha! You want to come to Ontario for them? Be my guest. Is $400 fair or insulting for the buyer or seller?

when i buy parts i dont care if i insult the seller. hell id start for 300 bucks....if the offer was accepted, then obviously you didnt insult anyone.

start low and work high! :thumb:

PS i still dont know why everyone is ga ga over these koni's. MAYBE IF YOU PEOPLE WOULD HAVE PURCHASED THEM WHEN THEY WERE STILL AVAILABLE, THAT THEY WOULD STILL BE PRODUCING THESE THINGS FOR OUR NICHE MARKET.

you guys make me laugh lol

i bought my koni back in 2002. which is funny, because 5-6 years ago people were saying they were pretty much a waste of money because they were sooooooooooooooo expensive, n u can run out n get KYB shocks n struts for a fraction of the price and it preforms just as well :rolleyes:

now you guys are a pack of wolves trying to fight over, whatever meat happens to be left over, and thrown out to the dogs. so in that manner id be prepared to pay FULL price or more, for used koni's that you should expect to rebuild when they get into your possession. wow those brand new NS1 koni's sure sound like a deal now eh!!!

PS the buyer of my koni last year, got a great deal....4 or 500 for everything complete, eibach springs, 2 koni struts, and 2 shocks. tuns out the front be needing rebuild after only approx 25,000 miles. he had almost 500 US into the rebuilding and shipping. at least they are nice n fresh and should last him a few years.

im just layin it out for ya jaim. in all honestly your going to have 7 or 800 cdn into a freshly rebuilt set of koni unless you can luck out.

another problem with the koni i had, the shadow eibach springs were stiff, so i didnt even have any clue that 1 strut was pooped. he just happen to dissasemble them for painting and notice it was fried.

what i mentioned there kind scares me, because i know the koni on my L body have had some use to them....wouldnt doubt it if one of them needs to be fixed :o

anyway....i guess what i just wrote is a PRIME example of why people dont want to make things for us....only the select few will go out and purchase new products, while the rest of yas sit around and wait for used deals.

no one wants to fork out the cash for a 3" swingvalve NEW.....but everyone wants one used....go figure....

Xtrempickup
04-21-2009, 11:48 AM
i got a set with 1000miles on for 450$ plus shipping, i considered that a steal. no springs just front n rear konis

turbovanmanČ
04-21-2009, 12:31 PM

Sure, but start low and work high, try $250 and see what happens.

prep468k
04-29-2009, 09:26 PM
"no one wants to fork out the cash for a 3" swingvalve NEW.....but everyone wants one used....go figure...." JUGGY

I paid what seems like a -----tonne for mine and I'm looking at it now.. I would pay whatever the asking price was for a new one, but there aren't any :(

Twisted Noodle
04-30-2009, 05:21 PM
What's the difference between the KYB and the Koni's? If I am using my car to get to work everyday am I going to notice a difference? If I purchase a KYB and not a Koni is my wheel going to hop more when I hit a pot hole while doing the speed limit?

I remember being in middle school and trying to talk my parents into buying me a new pair of "Jordan's". They didn't make me jump any higher. or run any fast.. They were just a name...

I actually want air shocks on the rear of mine.

turbovanmanČ
04-30-2009, 05:27 PM
What's the difference between the KYB and the Koni's? If I am using my car to get to work everyday am I going to notice a difference? If I purchase a KYB and not a Koni is my wheel going to hop more when I hit a pot hole while doing the speed limit?

I remember being in middle school and trying to talk my parents into buying me a new pair of "Jordan's". They didn't make me jump any higher. or run any fast.. They were just a name...

I actually want air shocks on the rear of mine.

The difference is night and day, comparing Koni's to KYB's is like comparing apples to oranges. If you want the ultimate shock/strut that can handle stiff springs, adjustable and even rebuildable, let your car/van handle, then you need Koni's, if your using stock springs and commuting, Kyb's etc are fine.

Mario
04-30-2009, 05:40 PM
I used Koni's in a few of my daily drivers. No problem.

Polygon
04-30-2009, 06:35 PM
Dammit, I can't find my receipt from when I bought mine. I recall paying $800 for the front struts and rear shocks from Cindy. It was the last set she had. I got real lucky. It seems that happens a lot. I got the 3" SV and shortly after they stopped making them.

Juggy has a real good point.

Mario
04-30-2009, 06:38 PM
Supply and demand baby.

rbryant
04-30-2009, 08:35 PM
They were about $350 for the front struts new.

I bought a couple of sets as late as last year.

The machine shop is getting close on the coilover camber plates so that we will be able to use Neon struts soon.

I will post some pictures of the prototype pieces we are working on today or tomorrow in the camber plate thread.

-Rich

Juggy
04-30-2009, 09:57 PM

The machine shop is getting close on the coilover camber plates so that we will be able to use Neon struts soon.

I will post some pictures of the prototype pieces we are working on today or tomorrow in the camber plate thread.

-Rich

hey rich is this for most TMs?? or just L bodies?

FYI I Paid $1200 CDN....yes ONE THOUSAND TWO HUNDRED for my Koni back in 2002. exchange rate was KILLER, up over 50%

it was worth every penny!!!! my P body could handle like a dream, and it was VERY tail happy...i dont know of many FWD vehicles that could swing out a rear end. I lost the --- end soooo many times....I remmeber showing off in front of a friend one day, right after i pumped the rears up to 45psi (was going street racing and wanted less drag in the rear lol)....went around a corner and we were perpendicular to the old couple on the inside lane. my friend almost shiiit his pants. luckily I had experience with the loose tail and was able to recover the spin and put it straight on the road.

so if any of you guys loose the rear end of a FWD car....just go WOT....and adjust the tires to suit....you should be able to pull out!! DO NOT...i repeat DO NOT LET OFF the throttle lol

Vigo
04-30-2009, 10:06 PM
that not all that safe for daily driving.. luckily konis are ADJUSTABLE!! hehe so you can loosen up the rebound and make the car as safe for everyone else on the road as it is for you.

I just got my used konis/eibachs and havent really driven the car so i cant say much.

I have driven and raced on kybs and i can say if you have any stock springs, the kyb struts are just fine and better than anything else you can get for the front imo. I replaced near new gabriels with my kybs and noticed a big difference in brake dive and transitional response.

turbovanmanČ
04-30-2009, 10:59 PM

-Rich

I paid $450 for a brand new set of Koni's. FWD and FM were also selling them at that price. I got close to the last set of struts on the planet, phew, :thumb: And have a used set of front and rear Koni's that I might need to unload, :evil:

Xtrempickup
04-30-2009, 11:24 PM
my konis are nice in my daily driver, i prefer the stiff suspension and handling over driving a bathtub

WickedShelby88
05-01-2009, 10:58 AM
my konis are nice in my daily driver, i prefer the stiff suspension and handling over driving a bathtub

+1 just the KYB's on my van have made a big difference. I can't imagine Koni's and coil overs.
Now what about Bilstein??? Or that company who was making struts and shocks for GM's like the ones on the F bodies. They were orange in color and lasted for a long time.

turbovanmanČ
05-01-2009, 12:47 PM
+1 just the KYB's on my van have made a big difference. I can't imagine Koni's and coil overs.
Now what about Bilstein??? Or that company who was making struts and shocks for GM's like the ones on the F bodies. They were orange in color and lasted for a long time.

I keep saying Bilstein are great, not adjustable BUT they will revalve to suit your needs.

rbryant
05-01-2009, 01:08 PM
I paid $450 for a brand new set of Koni's. FWD and FM were also selling them at that price. I got close to the last set of struts on the planet, phew, :thumb: And have a used set of front and rear Koni's that I might need to unload, :evil:

The stock style fronts were only $350 for many years. Perhaps they went up to $450 when inventory was down but I remember FWD having them at $350 for a long time. I got mine at www.shox.com for $340 or so and bought two sets at that price.

The lbody konis were more like $450 but they were discontinued a couple of years before the K platform ones were.

-Rich

turbovanmanČ
05-01-2009, 01:22 PM
The stock style fronts were only $350 for many years. Perhaps they went up to $450 when inventory was down but I remember FWD having them at $350 for a long time. I got mine at www.shox.com for $340 or so and bought two sets at that price.

The lbody konis were more like $450 but they were discontinued a couple of years before the K platform ones were.

-Rich

Not sure where I got mine, some online store, took me a week to find them, :o

WickedShelby88
05-01-2009, 01:25 PM
http://www.fwdperformance.com/store/Category.asp?IDCatalog=45&txtCatalog=Suspension%20::%20shocks/struts

Koni's back in stock for L body?!?