PDA

View Full Version : A-body in cab MBC

Dave
04-17-2006, 10:46 PM
Yes, it works. In cabin manual boost controller. :blah: :blah: People say "No, it will creep, or spike heavily!"

Okay so here's what I did. Let me describe my first attempt.

Ran the vacs from their areas to where the wiring harness goes through the firewall, far driver side. Then ran it close to the fire wall inside now, then into the console. That was over 5' of line on each side! :eek: It creeped REAL bad! 9psi 1st gear than it would creep to 15psi. Wow.

Had to do something. So I whipped out the drill bits! bwahaha :eyebrows:

Cut an ovalar hole right next to where the throttle cable goes through the wall using a 3/8" bit. Could of used a step bit, but this worked okay. Just did a lot of in and out to cut the wall. Anyways, ran the lines from the console through the wall and right into their connections.

I saved over 4.5'. My lines on each side are about 2.25' long. I have 1psi of spike in each gear, but no creep. I mean NONE!

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/567/medium/MBC_in_cab.jpg

I can't say how much I love it there. Awesome going out and hammering it, then adjusting it without getting your lazy arse out of the car. I don't have to set it at night anymore, just when it gets colder out I automatically turn it down and go from there. I just finger tighten the lock nut and it stays accurate.

BTW it's a HP Performance MBC. I believe they don't make these anymore?

That's all.

Murphy
04-18-2006, 08:09 PM
thats awsome

2.216VTurbo
04-18-2006, 10:26 PM
Easy ladies man, what's with the Aqua Velva in the glove box:lol: In case there are some hotties hanging out at the cruise spot?:eyebrows:

Dave
04-18-2006, 10:29 PM
Easy ladies man, what's with the Aqua Velva in the glove box:lol: In case there are some hotties hanging out at the cruise spot?:eyebrows:

IT'S NOT AQUA VELVA! IT'S CALLED ALMOST LIKE COOL WATER!!!! :mad:

lol It's for when the fat chicks gather out, I can spray it all down because they leave a smell that lingers like the zoo.

Lowrider. :drum:

Clay
04-19-2006, 08:05 AM
Cut an ovalar hole

Best part of the story right thare!!!!!!! ;)

Dave
04-19-2006, 10:07 AM
Best part of the story right thare!!!!!!! ;)

Ugh, I can't even do a writeup of how to install a manual boost controller in the cabin without a bunch of horndogs making sexual innuendos!:rolleyes:

Clay
04-19-2006, 10:17 AM
One day, god forbid, you will get your wife prego, and you will really know the meaning of horny! ;) hehehehe

Dave
04-19-2006, 10:19 AM
One day, god forbid, you will get your wife prego, and you will really know the meaning of horny! ;) hehehehe

Yes watching something as large as a small bowling ball coming out of her, um, crevise would make me nothing short of a wired, hopped up old man just raring to pounce like a lion! Rowl!

Clay
04-19-2006, 11:47 AM
No, its not the suprise at the end that causes it...... the the 9 months of waiting in the middle that kills ya! ;)

Turbodave
04-27-2006, 04:52 PM
No, its not the suprise at the end that causes it...... the the 9 months of waiting in the middle that kills ya! ;)

You don't have to wait 9months, your good til the water breaks, just ask Chuck :lol:

Clay
04-27-2006, 05:27 PM
You don't have to wait 9months, your good til the water breaks, just ask Chuck :lol:

HA! tell that to my wife!! ;)

deuce dodge
08-08-2006, 08:48 PM
anyone ever make a "homemade" manual boost control??????

do you prefer it over a grainger????????????????????????

deuce

86lance
08-08-2006, 10:32 PM
ive made a couple homemade jobbers and theyve worked pretty much the same for me

cordes
08-08-2006, 11:01 PM
anyone ever make a "homemade" manual boost control??????

do you prefer it over a grainger????????????????????????

deuce

I thought they were called grainger valves because we all go to grainger to get the parts to make one?

Any who, that is a nice setup. I don't adjust mine very often at all, so I have not moved it into the cab of the car. However, yours is a nice clean install for sure. Nice work.

t3rse
08-08-2006, 11:56 PM
i think he is talking about a bleed vs the grainger (spring and ball check valve). A straight bleed doesn't work as well b/c the wastegate can be half-open.

Dave
08-09-2006, 12:17 AM
I thought they were called grainger valves because we all go to grainger to get the parts to make one?

Any who, that is a nice setup. I don't adjust mine very often at all, so I have not moved it into the cab of the car. However, yours is a nice clean install for sure. Nice work.

Man Cordes, do you ever compliment me enough? :eyebrows: lol j/k

I'm always setting mine perfectly. It bounces a good 1.5psi from early afternoon to night.

Una
08-09-2006, 03:59 AM
I have the boost gauge on my Horizon in the driver's air vent, pop it out and my manual boost controller is right there. I agree, it's damned nice not having to even pull over to adjust boost. :)

Dave
08-09-2006, 04:06 AM
Una, can I get some pics of that? Sounds neat. How long is your vaccum line from each end?

Una
08-09-2006, 04:49 AM
I've never really measured it.. It's a really straight shot, and I'm using TINY tubing.. Ya know the hard plastic stuff that comes stock? I got hose that looks just like it, except it's super flexible urethane, I even use the stock ends from the hard plastic line on this stuff.. I think keeping the tubing size down is just as important as keeping the runs short. I'll try to get a shot or two soon, don't have a digital camera handy right now. It's not that pretty, I just have a stock G body boost gauge stuffed into that vent hole, it doesn't really fit, but I like to keep costs down. ;)

deuce dodge
08-09-2006, 06:45 PM
i plan to run in car mbc..home made.........also a pressure switch set to bleed off boost @ 20 psi. for safety.

then a map bleed using a grainger pressure valve.....to bypass overboost.

am i on the right track???????

anyone have plans for homemade mbc???????

deuce

cordes
08-09-2006, 07:18 PM
I think that there was a good one on guss's site. I think that Dempsy had on on his site too.

deuce dodge
08-09-2006, 10:31 PM
i meant a knob turn type of manual boost controller.......i guess one could just use the grainger.............but hoped for a more clean install..like a knob under dash.

deuce

Aries_Turbo
08-13-2006, 10:59 PM
there is one write up somewhere on the net that uses a brass T, a allen bolt, a nut and a spring to make one thats easily adjustable. I plan on doing one like that only using a Dremel Flex Shaft into the cabin for adjustment. I have a broken flex shaft that I can use. I'll do a write up when its done.

Brian

Dave
08-14-2006, 10:10 AM
Deuce, you could use on of the Joe P MBCs. Turn of a dial boost. Or you could make one like mine. Drill and tap some 3/8" hose barb fittings into a piece of aluminum or steel, install the spring and check ball along with a bolt with a lock nut on it. Just finger tighten the lock nut and it comes loose relatively easily and you adjust it with the turn of a dial. I don't need any wrenches to adjust mine.

With the MAP bleed with a pressure solenoid, you really wouldnt need that. Just a cut out raiser will do fine. Just make sure to adjust it so it will bleed at 20 or 21psi, whichever you want.