PDA

View Full Version : R/T Trim Cal??? where are you

navyboy65
04-14-2009, 03:59 PM
Sorry to post this as I know your sticky says to contact you directly, which I have tried.
I ordered back in mid dec 08, a bunch of stuff, one of which was a 91 R/T trim cal. I sent you a computer core wihch you got. Fast forward to mid feb 09, got my whole order but the trim cal I called and was told it would be sent out shortly. Never got it so I contacted you via e-mail or PM and was told it would ship with in a week. I have now heard nothing in over 2 weeks and have not gotten the trim cal? I have sent numerous e-mails with no respose. If need be I'll start to call as well but what is going on???
order # 10956
seth@gfire.us

glhs727
04-14-2009, 10:16 PM
I will call you in the morning.

navyboy65
04-15-2009, 05:40 PM
I will call you in the morning.

Don't think I've gotten your call. I just pm'ed you my phone #'s just to make sure you have the right info.
Seth

navyboy65
05-06-2009, 08:08 PM
Still havn't heard any updates. Was told it had shipped about a week ago, but I have not gotten it? Nor have I been given any tracking info? I responded to an e-mail/PM asking to have a message left on my cell, nothing from that either?????

navyboy65
05-27-2009, 12:52 AM
Update. Still not sure what is happening with the trim cal? I have been in contact with FWDP, but I have not received the trim cal. At this time my best guess is that I may get it in a week, but I have heard nothing firm and it is only a guess???? Been about 6 months since I paid for it and about 3 months since I got the rest of my stuff in the same order?

navyboy65
05-29-2009, 03:08 AM
Latest: I was last told by FWDP a while back now that somehow my original Trim cal was shipped or maybe not and that they have no idea what happened and that now they would need to make me a new one! Well that was well over a week ago. They asked me to contact them on Tuesday the 26th either by phone or PM. Since I work and don't always have the ability to use the phone I sent them a PM and have not heard anything back???? I have no idea why this has been such a big problem, but others have PM'ed me and told me I am not the only one!!! Please FWDP get your act together and get me my trim cal, I think I have been very patience; but my patience’s has run out! I have been waiting since mid Feb for it, and paid for it back in Dec when I placed a large order!!!

R/Tony
05-29-2009, 10:42 AM
Latest: I was last told by FWDP a while back now that somehow my original Trim cal was shipped or maybe not and that they have no idea what happened and that now they would need to make me a new one! Well that was well over a week ago. They asked me to contact them on Tuesday the 26th either by phone or PM. Since I work and don't always have the ability to use the phone I sent them a PM and have not heard anything back???? I have no idea why this has been such a big problem, but others have PM'ed me and told me I am not the only one!!! Please FWDP get your act together and get me my trim cal, I think I have been very patience; but my patience’s has run out! I have been waiting since mid Feb for it, and paid for it back in Dec when I placed a large order!!!
Too bad!... maybe will be better if you ask them for a refound :nod:

navyboy65
05-29-2009, 01:04 PM
Too bad!... maybe will be better if you ask them for a refound :nod:

I wish it was that simple. But I have lots more money tied in to parts that I bought to work with the cal, some from FWDP and some from else where! I know I would be embarassed if I had treated a customer the way they have been treating me. I would be all over the situation and get the person their part!?:banghead:

JamesL
05-29-2009, 03:00 PM
Yes, embarrassed. Despite the fact that we’ve sticky’d a policy that specifically states we can’t do customer support in the forums, we certainly don't like the negative PR either and we understand you believe it provides you some leverage. It probably just feels good to vent. I don't know all the details because I have stopped baby sitting operations due to other work obligations. I do know that the trim cals are a PITA to put together and take some time to get them right and test out. That's no excuse though. A refund is absolutely possible. While the trim cal provides some ease of tuning and flexibility, there are any number of calibrations, ours and others, that will meet your needs. The internet service at the shop is currently down (Thanks AT&T). As soon as I can get in touch with Cindy I will have her reach out to you to determine the proper course of action for you. I know you want your part and you want a reasonably accurate delivery date. If that cannot be accommodated to your satisfaction Cindy will offer you other options; best to take this up with her via phone then being the squeaky wheel on the forums.

RJ138
05-29-2009, 04:32 PM
Navyboy,

I bought a Trim cal back in 2006 and it failed twice. I sent it back once at my cost and the second time they payed for it. I waited for them to repair mine the first time just for it to work for a month before it started dumping fuel so much the car wouldn't idle and the readouts where all screwy. I still do not have it in my possession. I use to call about it, but it felt like I was always getting the run around. I never saw any results, just empty promises. Navyboy I think you are best off getting a refund and moving on. I would just get a calibrated computer or go with a stand alone.

This reminds me I should call about mine. I just have so much other stuff going on, I don't really mess around with the car that much right now.

-Ryan

JamesL
05-29-2009, 04:38 PM
Ryan, PM me with your phone number and lets see if we can come to some mutually agreeable conclusion.

navyboy65
06-21-2009, 12:53 AM
Navyboy,

I bought a Trim cal back in 2006 and it failed twice. I sent it back once at my cost and the second time they payed for it. I waited for them to repair mine the first time just for it to work for a month before it started dumping fuel so much the car wouldn't idle and the readouts where all screwy. I still do not have it in my possession. I use to call about it, but it felt like I was always getting the run around. I never saw any results, just empty promises. Navyboy I think you are best off getting a refund and moving on. I would just get a calibrated computer or go with a stand alone.

This reminds me I should call about mine. I just have so much other stuff going on, I don't really mess around with the car that much right now.

-Ryan

Dang Ryan I hope they come through for you!

I did just want to update the FWDP came through for my. I got my computer via fedex 2 day, almost 2 weeks ago. Haven't had a chance to run it yet as I am currently installing the +40's, 3 bar map, FWDP fuel rail, accufab AFPR, 255l fuel pump, and then I have to modify my 92 wiring to be compatable with the 91 trim cal! I hope my trim cal is good, and doesn't have the problems Ryan's did :(.
I'll post more later when everything is done and I get the car running on the trim cal!
Seth