PDA

View Full Version : TM injectors in a neon?

ShadowFromHell
04-11-2009, 12:42 PM
Hey guys... recently got a new ride. Its a 97 neon coupe, DOHC/3.94 car. This is m third neon, and Ive decided Im not dumping a dime on building a "fast" NA. For one, they are slow. Ive traded off both my past neons for TM's for cheap speed. So Im slowly doing the research to boost it... its the cheapest way for big power. I see alot of guys are running 27pph injectors, or 33's. I have a million sets of 27's from the log cars Ive parted. Will these work in a neon? Im planning on using a FMU (begi if i can afford it). Also... this car wont be even close to being my first turbo car, just the first one Ive built.

Also... screw the guys using that tiny SRT turbo! garret T1 FTW!

t3rse
04-11-2009, 02:48 PM
neon injectors are high z and older td bosch style are low z, so the neon injector driver cannot drive the low z injectors...diameter is the same but height different, so if you use megasquirt the injectors will go in the intake no problem but some rail adjustment will need to be made

ShadowFromHell
04-11-2009, 03:45 PM
Can I use some sort of resistor to use them? A buddy of mine is doing something like that to to run DSM injectors in his honda.

SoCalCSX
04-11-2009, 04:24 PM
I'm thinking you're gonna need bigger injectors. My injectors in my 03 PTGT(527cc or 537cc, I don't remember) are maxxed out at 12 psi. And that's with my tiny srt4 turbo.......

ShadowFromHell
04-11-2009, 04:44 PM
I dont think I can go over 8psi on my stock bottom end. I know 27's are small, but I also have a couple sets of 33's +20's 40's.... So i could easily upgrade if needed. But, Im going to be using a RRR to control fuel, so probably looking at running 80+psi so that will help the injectors flow more HP also.

turbovanmanČ
04-11-2009, 09:25 PM
97 uses regular TD injectors, you'll be ok.

snoman
04-12-2009, 12:11 AM
I ran the ones oouta my Shelby in my 98 highline sohc without problems.
those dinky stockers didn't cut it. I also acrounged a larger TB off an auto, I think they are 52mm and the manisare like 42? (every bit helps).

I don't wanna tell you how to build it, but that dam bobble is your worse enemy too.
ditch the strut and go solid all the way around.

good luck!

t3rse
04-12-2009, 02:32 AM
are you positive 2g neons use peak/hold injectors?

a high z driver can power low z injectors with ballast resistors, so you can add ballast resistors to a honda to drive dsm (same as TD injectors more or less)...if you don't you will cook your injector driver sooner or later

turbovanmanČ
04-12-2009, 03:19 AM
are you positive 2g neons use peak/hold injectors?

a high z driver can power low z injectors with ballast resistors, so you can add ballast resistors to a honda to drive dsm (same as TD injectors more or less)...if you don't you will cook your injector driver sooner or later

97 is 1st gen and they use the same low impedance as us.

t3rse
04-12-2009, 03:57 AM
everything I can find says you are wrong

snoman
04-12-2009, 03:52 PM
go look at rc's site. or pull up RC injectors on ebay.
look at the specs and compare them.
I am pretty sure the ones they sell for neon are low and dsm are high.
or they might call them peak and holds....

snoman
04-12-2009, 03:56 PM
UPDATE:

NOPE! srt injectors are high
I don't know about the 1st gen yet

turbovanmanČ
04-12-2009, 06:36 PM
everything I can find says you are wrong

I just worked on one, and I have a fuel rail off a DOHC and they are the same size as our injectors. I wanted to run SRT injectors on his 95 and can't because they are too short/long.

I think its on here that you can run high impedance injectors on our cars. I'll dig it up.

t3rse
04-12-2009, 08:27 PM
Put an ohm meter on it and get back. I don't care if they look the same, I'm pretty sure they are high impedance. I'm not calling anyone a liar, it's just that my experience and everything I can find information-wise says that all neons use high impedance injectors.