PDA

View Full Version : TII conversion harness: Who made it??

Clay
04-17-2006, 09:36 AM
Through out the years Ive bought lots of stuff from people, cars, etc. Well, with one deal I made I got a TII conversion harness. Its quite nice, and looks like a factory piece.

What Im wanting to know is did someone make these? Did the factory sell them?? etc

Its a great example of what one should look like, I just wonder where it came from. If needed, I can post a picture of it later.

thanks!

The S is Silent
04-17-2006, 09:44 AM
TII conversion harness? A harness that does the electrical part of the LM TII upgrade on an L-body? Adding the extra wires for the AIS and modifying the AIS and TPS harness to work with the later style throttle body?

It could be a factory GLHS piece...maybe?

Clay
04-17-2006, 09:47 AM
yup, thats exactly what it is. It has the connections for the newer style AIS and TPS, and it has the extra two wires that need to be run to the computer. The only thing that makes me think its not a factory GLHS overlay harness is that its not wrapped in the black fabric tape like complete w/ a PN tag like the overlay harness in my GLHS. Otherwise, it looks super nice, and clean!

clay

The S is Silent
04-17-2006, 10:00 AM
mmmmm...post pics. Sounds sexy. If i had one of those about a year ago, my charger probably would be running by now, and who knows what the menegon headed 2.5 would be going into right now. It's a mystery that we will never solve.

Clay
04-17-2006, 10:08 AM
ok, Ill take some pics and post em up after a bit

Clay
04-17-2006, 05:20 PM
Ok, here is a picture.

According to someone I spoke with, this could be a harness made by FWD Performance that ran about $40. Plug and play baby!!

The S is Silent
04-17-2006, 05:40 PM
That's awesome. I would have bought one...if I was still doing the TII LM route.

contraption22
04-17-2006, 06:45 PM
Forward Motion used to advertise TurboII conversion harnesses about 10 years ago.

GLHS592
04-17-2006, 06:50 PM
You can make the same thing for under $1. Just grab the throttle body plugs and some extra wiring from the donor car. You can also grab two pins out of a logic module connector for the 2 extra AIS wires. Cut the throttle body wiring off of your log throttle body. Splice it all together.

85_600
04-26-2006, 05:08 PM
Is that the same one as this one listed on Forward's site?
http://www.forwardmotioninc.com/html/catalog/electronics.htm

If so the price of plastic went up!! $110

Clay
04-26-2006, 08:05 PM
I dont think so. Cindy emailed me back and said they do carry a harness, but I would have to call as its not listed on the site. I havent called to check the price, so if you want to give her a call, let me know what it costs. I just havent gotten around to it yet, mainly because I dont plan to buy one, and dont want to waste her time.

clay

tryingbe
04-27-2006, 06:36 PM
4 connectors and some wires and they want over $100 for it?!

Don't they know the people in TD are cheap!?

Keito
04-27-2006, 07:55 PM
I remember maybe 4-5years ago there was a guy who was making them.
Gary D. had a link on his site in the conversion section.
Dylan at Turbo Electrics if my memory is right.
Site has been down for a few years.

GLHS592
04-27-2006, 07:59 PM
I bought one of those from Dylan. It seemed it was $40 shipped to my door including the 4 wire O2 harness. Whatever happened to that guy?