PDA

View Full Version : Connecting an air temp. sensor

Dave
04-17-2006, 08:04 AM
Since installing FWD Performance's Stage 3 computer it throws code 23, Intake Air Temperature Sensor. I have one right here and a 1 piece TII intake, so I can make it happen. But how do I wire it up??

The S is Silent
04-17-2006, 08:59 AM
Get the pigtail from a TII car or from FWD performance. The wires will be black with a red tracer (signal wire) and black with a light blue tracer (ground wire). You'll also need a SMEC pin for the signal wire, so locate one of those from a parts harness. If you don't have one, send me a PM with your address and I'll cut you one off and send it to you. The signal wire goes to number 23 (not 100% sure. it's the one in the center row (offset row) and it's on the side furthest from the wiring harness) on the SMEC pin. They are also numbered...but somebody needs to verify this. I can look when I get home. Ok...that was too long of a description for that.

Black with the light blue - just find the one from the AIS/TPS harness and splice into that.

That's all it takes. No more code...no more running rich because of it.

Dave
04-17-2006, 10:39 PM
Get the pigtail from a TII car or from FWD performance. The wires will be black with a red tracer (signal wire) and black with a light blue tracer (ground wire). You'll also need a SMEC pin for the signal wire, so locate one of those from a parts harness. If you don't have one, send me a PM with your address and I'll cut you one off and send it to you. The signal wire goes to number 23 (not 100% sure. it's the one in the center row (offset row) and it's on the side furthest from the wiring harness) on the SMEC pin. They are also numbered...but somebody needs to verify this. I can look when I get home. Ok...that was too long of a description for that.

Black with the light blue - just find the one from the AIS/TPS harness and splice into that.

That's all it takes. No more code...no more running rich because of it.

The end cleared it all up. Thanks!

turbovanmanČ
04-18-2006, 12:23 AM
Simple search would have your answer, oh young one, hehehehehe-

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3220&highlight=temp

The S is Silent
04-18-2006, 07:14 PM
Oh, and it's pin number 21, not 23. But I'm sure you figured that out by now.