PDA

View Full Version : Transmission: WTB: Shifter cable clips for 523

mcsvt
04-09-2009, 03:04 PM
I need the cable clips that hold the cables on the bracket at the transmission.

Let me know what you have. Should be the same as 568 and 543.

Thanks.

tryingbe
04-09-2009, 08:36 PM
PM sent.

2.216VTurbo
04-09-2009, 11:47 PM
I need the cable clips that hold the cables on the bracket at the transmission.

Let me know what you have. Should be the same as 568 and 543.

Thanks.

I had to friggin make one of those in Vegas, one popped off and no shifty without it.:mad: The 'Body shim kit' in the Help section at Kragen was pretty close, just had to grind a little of the center out of it:thumb:

butchsuppe
04-10-2009, 12:18 AM
Wish you posted last week, I strip 1 523 + pulled another one at the yard last weekend. If the 555 clips work I can help you.

mcsvt
04-10-2009, 08:52 AM
Thanks for the heads up Alan, I may buy some to make spares.
Butch I don't think the 555/520 are the same clips.

I should be good now, got a set coming to me. :thumb:

Turbo3Iroc
04-10-2009, 11:18 AM
That's a nice tip Alan.

inmyshadow
04-10-2009, 11:34 AM
I'd think you should still be able to get these clips from the dealer.

Like Alan, I once lost a clip in rush hour traffic. I limped my car across this highway to the closest dealer. They have several in stock.

But anyhow, I now grab spare clips whenever I'm in that area of a car in the junkyard. I carry several in each car to avoid this again.

If you PM your address, I can mail you a few.

later

I had to friggin make one of those in Vegas, one popped off and no shifty without it.:mad: The 'Body shim kit' in the Help section at Kragen was pretty close, just had to grind a little of the center out of it:thumb:

mcsvt
04-10-2009, 12:00 PM
Sent you a message James.

I was given the clips, but forgot to take them with me after helping pull the trans from it's previous owners car...

butchsuppe
04-10-2009, 01:30 PM
After I lost a clip once I put a couple of zip ties on them for extra insurance.:nod:

1FastCSX289
04-10-2009, 02:53 PM
:

He he he. I made one for my charger (it has a 520 though) out of ford breather filter clips. I tack welded two of them together to get the thickness and ground out a bit of the center. I ran a hose clamp around the whole cable and bracket when all was together just in case. I know, I know......what can I say? I AM a king of cob. :eyebrows:

inmyshadow
04-10-2009, 04:07 PM
I set you some today. Lets see if you get them tomorrow.

later

Mario
05-19-2009, 12:08 AM

Ha! I had the exact same thing happen and I used the exact same part to make it. It was on Sunday, I was in another part of town and the night before I lost all gears while toying with a 911 Turbo :thumb: Off to the dealer tomorrow for new ones hopefully.

2.216VTurbo
05-19-2009, 01:13 AM
Ha! I had the exact same thing happen and I used the exact same part to make it. It was on Sunday, I was in another part of town and the night before I lost all gears while toying with a 911 Turbo :thumb: Off to the dealer tomorrow for new ones hopefully.

Why change it? My body shim is still working though I do have a clip from the J-yard in my travel box now:D

Mario
05-19-2009, 01:58 AM
It's too shiny. haha. I honestly don't know. I just want to put in all new factory clips for some reason.