PDA

View Full Version : v-band clamp question

spoolinhard
04-09-2009, 02:41 PM
I need a v band for my garrett turbo. It is 3" on exhaust side. I know NOTHING about v bands and how they install. I believe it is like 3 3/16 including the flange on the trubo where the clamp goes. Is it a pretty general size/fitment? Do I just need to pick up any 3" clamp? Also, I have been looking on ebay and found a v band clamp that comes with aluminum flanges, dont they need to be metal so that I can weld one onto the downpipe exhuast piece?

guyd_15
04-10-2009, 08:37 AM
http://www.hvyduty.com/

Very knowledgeable and helpful, I use them continuously at work!!! They are a direct distributor for Donaldson that supplies 99.9% of all the OEM's worldwide.

Some pics with clear measurements and you should have it at the house in a couple days. 1 day if you specify overnite.

Guy

TurboII
07-14-2009, 11:52 AM
napa carrys it too!

turbodaytona87
07-21-2009, 01:14 PM
I need a v band for my garrett turbo. It is 3" on exhaust side. I know NOTHING about v bands and how they install. I believe it is like 3 3/16 including the flange on the trubo where the clamp goes. Is it a pretty general size/fitment? Do I just need to pick up any 3" clamp? Also, I have been looking on ebay and found a v band clamp that comes with aluminum flanges, dont they need to be metal so that I can weld one onto the downpipe exhuast piece?

I got a full SS set from a guy on ebay, on your search you can add "-aluminum" and it should exclude everything with aluminum. Make sure you have it search titles and descriptions