PDA

View Full Version : PT GT Questions

85shelbycharger
04-09-2009, 12:38 AM
Wanted to ask a couple of questions that a friend inquired about today. He wanted to know if many of these come with manual trannys? Did any come with just cloth interior? And to verify, these are not intercooled, right?

Thanks for your help so I can pass this info a long to him.

SoCalCSX
04-09-2009, 12:46 AM
Most are auto's, manuals are hard to find but they're out there. Turbo Lite's(180hp) came with cloth, not sure on GT's. All GT's I've seen are leather. Turbo Lite's IIRC only came in auto, no stick. All PT turbos are intercooled, GT's and Turbo Lite's.:thumb:

Wanted to ask a couple of questions that a friend inquired about today. He wanted to know if many of these come with manual trannys? Did any come with just cloth interior? And to verify, these are not intercooled, right?

Thanks for your help so I can pass this info a long to him.

Turbozcs2003
04-09-2009, 08:40 AM
I have 03 GT stick

All GT's had the leather interior, sunroof, power seat, etc THey also come with 4w disc, antilock, traction control. Only options were side air bags and upgraded 6 disc cd player and auto.

Most 80% + are autos since people who bought them tended to be older. After 2005 you would be hard pressed to find an 06 or 07 GT stick.

All the Turbo lites in non-gt's are 180HP autos but you can buy the stage 1 and it will upgrade to the 220HP.

There are probably 3 to 1 turbo lites in Touring and limiteds compared to GT's.

TopDollar69
04-09-2009, 02:48 PM
What is a turbo lite?

SoCalCSX
04-09-2009, 03:20 PM
I have 03 GT stick

All GT's had the leather interior, sunroof, power seat, etc THey also come with 4w disc, antilock, traction control. Only options were side air bags and upgraded 6 disc cd player and auto.

Most 80% + are autos since people who bought them tended to be older. After 2005 you would be hard pressed to find an 06 or 07 GT stick.

All the Turbo lites in non-gt's are 180HP autos but you can buy the stage 1 and it will upgrade to the 220HP.

There are probably 3 to 1 turbo lites in Touring and limiteds compared to GT's.

Right except the sunroof, it's an option. Not all got them

What is a turbo lite?

Turbo Lite is basically a Touring Edition that got the turbo motor. They're output is only 180hp because they run a scaled back PCM to use 87 octane gas. They also do not have the bigger brakes, etc that the GT got. No autostick on the auto either.

TopDollar69
04-09-2009, 03:40 PM
Thanks for the info.

Turbodave
04-09-2009, 05:28 PM
What I've seen is that the 03 GT's could be optioned out differently than the following years, When we were looking I came across a few 03 GT's with cloth interiors and few options, but once the turbo-lite ones came out(2004), the GT's were all fully optioned cars.

The 5speed would only be available on the GT with the turbo engine, they are out there, but not as easy to come by.

GLHS444
04-10-2009, 08:18 PM
The 5speed would only be available on the GT with the turbo engine, they are out there, but not as easy to come by.

From what I've read, the 5 speed tranny isn't the same as the Neon SRT4 trans either correct (no LSD).
However can one (SRT4 trans) be retro-fitted into a GT Cruiser?

SoCalCSX
04-10-2009, 08:48 PM
From what I've read, the 5 speed tranny isn't the same as the Neon SRT4 trans either correct (no LSD).
However can one (SRT4 trans) be retro-fitted into a GT Cruiser?

No it is not the same as a NSRT, it is a Getrag and some think it is actually a better trans than the T-850. Problem is getting a clutch to hold over 350whp for it. You can fit the NSRT trans into a PT but it is a lot of work(it is physically bigger) and not worth it IMO.

DC Turismo
04-11-2009, 03:12 AM
I forgot all about PT's even coming turbo'd. What major benefits come from getting a turbo one compared to a n/a one besides the HP gain and being able to say its a Turbo Mopar? lol... Does the turbo/ic setup on one of these make that huge of a difference?

SoCalCSX
04-11-2009, 03:54 AM
I forgot all about PT's even coming turbo'd. What major benefits come from getting a turbo one compared to a n/a one besides the HP gain and being able to say its a Turbo Mopar? lol... Does the turbo/ic setup on one of these make that huge of a difference?

It's pretty much an SRT4 powerplant in there, so yeah, I'd say it makes a noticable difference.

Turbozcs2003
04-11-2009, 09:35 AM
The turbo versions have the different Turbo block, oil cooler and everything the SRT Neons got.
Actually from what I read the engine was designed for the PT originally and used for the SRT.

DC Turismo
04-11-2009, 10:06 PM
That's cool. Anyone have teh weight differences between an SRT and a PT GT? I may have to look into these! :thumb:

SoCalCSX
04-11-2009, 10:24 PM
That's cool. Anyone have teh weight differences between an SRT and a PT GT? I may have to look into these! :thumb:

I want to say 2-300 lbs but I'll find out and get back to you on that.

SoCalCSX
04-11-2009, 10:28 PM
NSRT-2970- http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=6&article_id=391

PTGT-3470- http://www.motortrend.com/cars/2005/chrysler/300/comparisons/make.html

OK so it's more like 500lbs lol

DC Turismo
04-12-2009, 09:27 AM
Still, thanks for the info man!

CSXVNT461
04-13-2009, 02:49 AM
What I've seen is that the 03 GT's could be optioned out differently than the following years, When we were looking I came across a few 03 GT's with cloth interiors and few options, but once the turbo-lite ones came out(2004), the GT's were all fully optioned cars.

Exactly. I have an 03 GT and I love it! Yes its heavier than an srt-4 but still feels just as powerfull. Another cool thing is that you can find them REAL cheap for what you get, and theyre usualy well taken care of. Trying to find that in an srt4, is not as easy.