PDA

View Full Version : temp guage not working?

mark
04-16-2006, 09:13 PM
My temp guage stopped working after I had to track down a slight coolant leak.

after looking around in there I see a connector thats a single wire colored brown with yellow stripe and it has a connector on it and its under the thermostat housing area but I cant see where it is supposed to go. Does it actually have a spot to go, or is this a "phantom" connector thats not needed and I'm barking up the wrong tree thinking this is the culprit?

much appreciated.

also, can someone suggest where to get some good repair manuals for the T3 engines? I am guessing they are not common.

-mark

mcsvt
04-17-2006, 01:33 PM
Not sure which wire is for the temp gauge off hand, would have to check after work if nobody else chimes in before then.

The factory service manuals(FSM's) are the best you can get for working on these cars. I would assume they are just as good for the 16V motors. They are Year specific.

mark
04-17-2006, 01:36 PM
hi gary, if you could check after work thats great.

mcsvt
04-17-2006, 01:52 PM
No problem, I will post pics of what I find as well.

mark
04-17-2006, 02:00 PM
Much appreciated! thanks!

-mark

mcsvt
04-17-2006, 04:54 PM
Here is how mine is setup, this is an 8valve motor.

Wire colors:
Top Wire: Brown and White stripe
Bottom Wire: Black and Blue stripe

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/500/medium/Coolant_Sensor.JPG

eyeball
04-17-2006, 09:09 PM
My temp guage stopped working after I had to track down a slight coolant leak.

after looking around in there I see a connector thats a single wire colored brown with yellow stripe and it has a connector on it and its under the thermostat housing area but I cant see where it is supposed to go. Does it actually have a spot to go, or is this a "phantom" connector thats not needed and I'm barking up the wrong tree thinking this is the culprit?

much appreciated.

also, can someone suggest where to get some good repair manuals for the T3 engines? I am guessing they are not common.

-mark

That's the correct wire for the temp sender. The sender is on the side of the head below the thermostat housing. If you follow rearmost thermostat housing bolt straight down almost to the surface where the block meets the head, you'll find the sender.

eBay for the manuals.

mark
04-17-2006, 10:09 PM
excellent!!!!!!

thanks man!

i figured it was not a phantom connector! LOL

mark
04-18-2006, 07:39 PM
after 10 minutes of looking I found the place it goes and my guage works now.

much appreciated guys! thanks!