PDA

View Full Version : What's a 2008 CSRT-4 worth new?

DC Turismo
04-07-2009, 03:39 AM
Been doing a lot of research, and the 2008's still left on the dealer lots are ranging in price from $19,8xx to $26,xxx. What do you guys think is a good price for one of them? I had a meeting with a dealer the other night who wanted to sell me one for $22,xxx but I walked away from it knowing I can do better even if I have to travel out of state. I feel that they probably want to get these cars moved so 09s can be brought in, correct? So I would think they'd be willing to wheel and deal a bit with the way the car buying in this country is going anyways....

The one real sticking point I'm facing is this stupid SRT-II Owner's Option that has the bluetooth wireless, tonneau cover, security, etc. that I could care less about. So many of these cars came with this option and the dealers aren't budging when it comes to comparing their vehicle with a car that doesn't have this option (it's like an $1185 option). I wish I could find one without it, but at the same time, I'd also rather not have a sunroof either. They're on practically everyone I've looked at though, and is an additional $795 option that the dealers are using to mark up their price still, blah. :mad: lol...

Ideally I want to find one between $19k and $20k and so far have found five in the northeast region of the U.S. in that price range Think that is a reasonable figure to shoot for and have paperwork ready to take with me to a dealership as ammo, showing them I'm willing to go out of state for same optioned car if they don't come down on price? What else is recommended in terms of pursuing a previous model year vehicle still on a dealer lot? The first dealer I went to wanted roughly $25k for a black one. The second dealer I went to wanted $22k for same optioned car, and really put the pressure on me to sign paperwork tonight. I'm glad I walked away though to do even more research as I feel I'm even more prepared now when I was already well-prepped to go in and talk in the first place.

glhs727
04-07-2009, 08:28 AM
My buddy just picked up a NEW loaded 2009 model for 23K off a dealer lot. His has the polished wheels, leather seat upgrade, kicker stereo, srt-II option and the sunroof. Stickered at 27K.
You can get new 08's for as low as 19K on ebay. Print some of those ads up from ebay and show them to your dealer.
BTW mine 2008 has a drop in K&N, 3.5" downpipe with cat, and a stage 1 pcm. Dyno'ed at 307 whp and 338 ft.lbs torque. They are a blast to drive!
later,
Cindy

Pat
04-07-2009, 12:03 PM
My buddy just picked up a NEW loaded 2009 model for 23K off a dealer lot. His has the polished wheels, leather seat upgrade, kicker stereo, srt-II option and the sunroof. Stickered at 27K.
You can get new 08's for as low as 19K on ebay. Print some of those ads up from ebay and show them to your dealer.
BTW mine 2008 has a drop in K&N, 3.5" downpipe with cat, and a stage 1 pcm. Dyno'ed at 307 whp and 338 ft.lbs torque. They are a blast to drive!
later,
Cindy

Hey Cindy, out of curiosity, how does the CSRT compare to the Neon SRT?

sherm1123
04-09-2009, 02:19 PM
Been doing a lot of research, and the 2008's still left on the dealer lots are ranging in price from $19,8xx to $26,xxx. What do you guys think is a good price for one of them? I had a meeting with a dealer the other night who wanted to sell me one for $22,xxx but I walked away from it knowing I can do better even if I have to travel out of state. I feel that they probably want to get these cars moved so 09s can be brought in, correct? So I would think they'd be willing to wheel and deal a bit with the way the car buying in this country is going anyways....

The one real sticking point I'm facing is this stupid SRT-II Owner's Option that has the bluetooth wireless, tonneau cover, security, etc. that I could care less about. So many of these cars came with this option and the dealers aren't budging when it comes to comparing their vehicle with a car that doesn't have this option (it's like an $1185 option). I wish I could find one without it, but at the same time, I'd also rather not have a sunroof either. They're on practically everyone I've looked at though, and is an additional $795 option that the dealers are using to mark up their price still, blah. :mad: lol...

Ideally I want to find one between $19k and $20k and so far have found five in the northeast region of the U.S. in that price range Think that is a reasonable figure to shoot for and have paperwork ready to take with me to a dealership as ammo, showing them I'm willing to go out of state for same optioned car if they don't come down on price? What else is recommended in terms of pursuing a previous model year vehicle still on a dealer lot? The first dealer I went to wanted roughly $25k for a black one. The second dealer I went to wanted $22k for same optioned car, and really put the pressure on me to sign paperwork tonight. I'm glad I walked away though to do even more research as I feel I'm even more prepared now when I was already well-prepped to go in and talk in the first place.

A guy just bought a new 2008 for $16,900. I paid $21,200 for mine over a year ago. Just find a dealer that wants to sell you one.

http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12261&highlight=what+did+you+pay

DC Turismo
04-09-2009, 08:45 PM
Nice! For now, I'm left with a sour taste in my mouth after those guys at the one dealership were a*holes and am going to keep saving for when the right one comes up.

iTurbo
04-09-2009, 10:12 PM
I've been talking to a salesman up at Dave Smith Dodge in Coere d'Alene and he REALLY wants to sell me an orange '08 for 19,900. He says it was there showroom car and has about every option on it.

Unfortunately I also found out that Chrysler 0% financing and Employee Pricing doesn't apply to '08 models. They are also 700 miles from here, straight west on I-90 through the rockies...could be a cool drive I guess.

slasky
04-09-2009, 10:12 PM
With the way the economy is and the looming failure of the domestic car companies, you should be able to practically steal one.

Aries_Turbo
04-09-2009, 11:05 PM
What's a 2008 CSRT-4 worth new?

0.00$

with the economy as it is, going into debt for a car seems like a foolish proposition. :)

brian

SebringLX
04-10-2009, 11:40 AM
I've been talking to a salesman up at Dave Smith Dodge in Coere d'Alene and he REALLY wants to sell me an orange '08 for 19,900. He says it was there showroom car and has about every option on it.

Unfortunately I also found out that Chrysler 0% financing and Employee Pricing doesn't apply to '08 models. They are also 700 miles from here, straight west on I-90 through the rockies...could be a cool drive I guess.
I thought Dave Smith was in Kellog? That dealership is nuts, they advertise hundreds and hundreds of miles from where they are... I think I remember seeing an ad saying they would fly you out there to buy a car once. Never been there, but remember seeing ads on TV and hearing them on the radio when I lived in Great Falls MT.

iTurbo
04-12-2009, 04:08 PM
I thought Dave Smith was in Kellog? That dealership is nuts, they advertise hundreds and hundreds of miles from where they are... I think I remember seeing an ad saying they would fly you out there to buy a car once. Never been there, but remember seeing ads on TV and hearing them on the radio when I lived in Great Falls MT.

You're right; my bad. I filled out the finance app last night...still on the fence though. I think I'm immune to new car fever...I think everybody that I know wants me to get it more than I do!

Rod Enis
04-12-2009, 04:21 PM
Hey Jeremy, if you do get it, i'll take one of those four doors off your hands, lol.

cqlink
04-12-2009, 05:46 PM
Numerous new SRT-4s in Detroit area around $18K

iTurbo
04-13-2009, 01:02 AM
0.00$

with the economy as it is, going into debt for a car seems like a foolish proposition. :)

brian

Not around here. There seems to be a economic 'bubble' around here....still lots of jobs with good pay thanks to the mineral industry. I can honestly say I'm doing better than ever as far as that is concerned.

iTurbo
04-13-2009, 01:05 AM
Hey Jeremy, if you do get it, i'll take one of those four doors off your hands, lol.

Yeah, that is something I'm going to have to deal with. I have too many cars as it is...I can afford the CSRT but I have to admit I don't need it. I will probably sell my CSX to my older brother and also sell one of my Spirit R/Ts eventually to make room. I can hardly stand the thought of selling my SL or GLH though:(

Aries_Turbo
04-13-2009, 06:31 AM
Not around here. There seems to be a economic 'bubble' around here....still lots of jobs with good pay thanks to the mineral industry. I can honestly say I'm doing better than ever as far as that is concerned.

thats the same for my household. the area isnt doing too bad but im doing the best ever as well.

i still wouldnt go and buy a new car though. you dont know what tomorrow will hold.

brian

glhs727
04-13-2009, 08:02 AM
Yeah, that is something I'm going to have to deal with. I have too many cars as it is...I can afford the CSRT but I have to admit I don't need it. I will probably sell my CSX to my older brother and also sell one of my Spirit R/Ts eventually to make room. I can hardly stand the thought of selling my SL or GLH though:(

yea, but there is something to be said about having one new or newer car that has a warranty, everything works, and you can feel pretty secure knowing you can jump in anytime and take it across the country without fear of breaking down like driving a 20+ year old vehicle. I love my caliber srt-4, and although I don't drive it everyday, if i have somewhere I need to be or am going more than 100 miles away, it would be my first choice to drive.
later,
Cindy

SebringLX
04-13-2009, 10:30 AM
Someone had a Caliber SRT-4 at the Chicago SDAC meeting Saturday. It was nice. I think it was black with some sort of metallic flake... I'm partially colorblind though, so could have been in that spectrum that I have a hard time with and just looked black to me.

iTurbo
04-13-2009, 09:48 PM
Well I did it.....paid the deposit anyway. $19900 for a loaded orange '08. The '08 models didn't qualify for the 0% Chrysler financing but I'm pretty happy with the APR and final price. It only has 59 miles on it:thumb:

I think I'm still in shock:confused2::evil:!!

Aries_Turbo
04-13-2009, 10:32 PM
Well I did it.....paid the deposit anyway. $19900 for a loaded orange '08. The '08 models didn't qualify for the 0% Chrysler financing but I'm pretty happy with the APR and final price. It only has 59 miles on it:thumb:

congrats!! :)

Brian

fleckster
04-14-2009, 12:14 AM
I wouldn't feel too bad about not getting financing through Chrysler Finacial. You can usually do just as well or better at a local bank or Credit Union. Even the $1000 Bonus Cash that they are offering on new vehicles financed through them is also appicable if you go through a participating Credit Union or Chase Bank. My fiancee does her banking at Chae Bank (I don't think it is a requirement) and they gave her the green light for 4.9% (Chrysler Financial was giving 5.9%) for 60 months on a new Dodge Journey.

I hope you enjoy your new ride! They look like a lot of fun. I wish my Neon SRT-4 had the Caliber SRT-4 seats!

DC Turismo
04-14-2009, 03:59 PM
Congrats Jeremy!!! You'll have to post some pics and what not!

I had one priced at $19280 and another priced at $198xx with some negotiating possible on the latter. I opted to avoid the temptation of buying a new one though and instead find something that will still be fun and can get me buy for a lot cheaper in terms of monthly payments. I've opted to go the route of picking up a used PT Cruiser GT. My uncle's on the case keeping an eye out at auctions for me and I'm keeping a radar on anytime I drive down a road and there's a ma and pa used car dealership there. I know they're not as cool looking, quick, or overall impressive as a CSRT, but I wasn't going to take a giant leap into being on the edge of debt if something were to happen to me healthwise, jobwise, etc. not being able to make a monthly payment on something that expensive. Oh well, some day down the road I'll snatch one up. In the meantime, I'm content with seeking out the modern day Omni of sorts with the SRT drivetrain to have some fun tuning it! :evil:

iTurbo
04-14-2009, 09:32 PM
I wouldn't feel too bad about not getting financing through Chrysler Finacial. You can usually do just as well or better at a local bank or Credit Union. Even the $1000 Bonus Cash that they are offering on new vehicles financed through them is also appicable if you go through a participating Credit Union or Chase Bank. My fiancee does her banking at Chae Bank (I don't think it is a requirement) and they gave her the green light for 4.9% (Chrysler Financial was giving 5.9%) for 60 months on a new Dodge Journey.

I hope you enjoy your new ride! They look like a lot of fun. I wish my Neon SRT-4 had the Caliber SRT-4 seats!

Thanks for the info! I feel pretty good about the financing and the monthly payment will be lower than I expected. Still gotta check with my local credit union to see if they can beat the APR and also check on insurance tomorrow. This is the first new car I've ever bought so I'm thrilled to say the least. My older brother Dan just bought an '09 Charger a few weeks ago and my brother Ben bought an '08 Ram about six months ago so they can't wait to see it either!

iTurbo
04-14-2009, 09:36 PM
Congrats Jeremy!!! You'll have to post some pics and what not!

I had one priced at $19280 and another priced at $198xx with some negotiating possible on the latter. I opted to avoid the temptation of buying a new one though and instead find something that will still be fun and can get me buy for a lot cheaper in terms of monthly payments. I've opted to go the route of picking up a used PT Cruiser GT. My uncle's on the case keeping an eye out at auctions for me and I'm keeping a radar on anytime I drive down a road and there's a ma and pa used car dealership there. I know they're not as cool looking, quick, or overall impressive as a CSRT, but I wasn't going to take a giant leap into being on the edge of debt if something were to happen to me healthwise, jobwise, etc. not being able to make a monthly payment on something that expensive. Oh well, some day down the road I'll snatch one up. In the meantime, I'm content with seeking out the modern day Omni of sorts with the SRT drivetrain to have some fun tuning it! :evil:

Thanks, I'll definitely get pics when I go to pick it up! My brother with the '08 Ram even offered to let me use his truck and rent a transport from UHaul to go get it. The salesman sent me some pics of it and it's still inside in the showroom hahaha. I'll see if I can post that tonight....wierd format though so I think it's from his phone or something.

Good luck on your car hunting. The NSRTs are selling for quite a lot less now than they were before the CSRT came out. I was actually considering a used NSRT before I decided to just get the CSRT because my employment/financial situation has improved a lot over the last year.

iTurbo
04-14-2009, 10:05 PM
Here's some pics of it as of yesterday.

http://www.turbosedan.com/Caliber/showroom.jpg

http://www.turbosedan.com/Caliber/cluster.jpg

http://www.turbosedan.com/Caliber/srtwheelpl.jpg

http://www.turbosedan.com/Caliber/stereo.jpg

glhs727
04-14-2009, 10:25 PM
the orange is my favorite color and a one year only color as well.
Do yourself a huge favor. Get a stage 1 ecu ASAP. The stock ecu is VERY torque limited in 1st and 2nd gear. the sta 1 ge will add 20 hp and 30 ft. lbs torque and you will be amazed at the difference.
Nice car! Now you have no excuse not to come out to the SDAC convention this year!!!
later,
Cindy

DC Turismo
04-15-2009, 12:47 AM
Jeremy

Interesting that yours has that touch screen navigation setup there in the dash. All of the 08s I looked at had the plain jane radio (which I preferred but it's cool your's is optioned like that!)

iTurbo
04-15-2009, 09:20 AM
Actually I don't think it's touch screen but I'm not exactly sure. I know the '09s have a newer stereo that is touch screen and has more features though.

DC Turismo
04-15-2009, 06:42 PM
What I'm trying to say is that it appears it as the GPS navigation looking screen whereas the ones I saw look like a regular Chrysler radio just showing the time/radio station.

sherm1123
04-20-2009, 03:51 PM

Congrats! Orange is the rarest color for the 2008's and discontinued for 2009, so you got a very low production vehicle. Enjoy it!

Abkshelby
04-20-2009, 06:52 PM
I sold my Neon SRT-4 last fall to get back to loving my 2.2 cars again.
I had planned to keep that car awhile but for whatever reason just got tired of it
I like the Caliber SRT-4's but not enough to buy one.
I figured they would stop making the PT Cruiser the only car I liked but just never got around to buying.
For now I'll just be happy if Chrysler remains alive.
They need more products worth buying that I want.
Jeeps are about all they presently have that interest me at all.

iTurbo
05-21-2009, 10:06 PM
I picked mine up last Monday and am totally loving the car. Drove 700 miles back home the next day! They had lots of cool cars at the dealership (Dave Smith Motors), two '09 Camaro SS, some AMG w/biturbo V12, Challenger SRT-8s w6spds. And the ONLY car in the showroom was an '08 Caliber SRT-4 in black for $16999. If anybody decides to go for it do me a favor and ask for Jared Soper and tell him Jeremy Mitchell sent you.:eyebrows:

cordes
05-21-2009, 10:13 PM
I picked mine up last Monday and am totally loving the car. Drove 700 miles back home the next day! They had lots of cool cars at the dealership (Dave Smith Motors), two '09 Camaro SS, some AMG w/biturbo V12, Challenger SRT-8s w6spds. And the ONLY car in the showroom was an '08 Caliber SRT-4 in black for $16999. If anybody decides to go for it do me a favor and ask for Jared Soper and tell him Jeremy Mitchell sent you.:eyebrows:

Wow, that's a good price!

iTurbo
05-21-2009, 10:20 PM
Yeah, probably a better deal than I got even, but I really wanted the orange and mine is loaded. The black one in the showroom is sitting exactly where mine was (pics above). IIRC it had a sunroof, polished wheels/F1 tires, not much else option wise. The website is www.usaautosales.com

iTurbo
05-21-2009, 10:22 PM
Wow check this out, they want $15995 for it now! That's the cheapest one I've ever seen brand new!!

http://specials.usautosales.com/details.php?id=26754&cat=&make=Dodge&listtype=html&cat=cars

cordes
05-21-2009, 10:26 PM
Wow check this out, they want $15995 for it now! That's the cheapest one I've ever seen brand new!!

http://specials.usautosales.com/details.php?id=26754&cat=&make=Dodge&listtype=html&cat=cars

Wow, that is unreal!