PDA

View Full Version : All-aluminum PowerStroke intercooler ???

Chris Faulk
04-16-2006, 05:03 PM
Question for the masses.

My dad just brought over a mint PowerStroke (all aluminum) intercooler.

My question is this...is it worth bothering to install? This would be in an all-stock '91 Spirit R/T with only a mandrel bent exhaust upgrade.

WVRampage
04-16-2006, 10:49 PM
If it will fit Id do it you definintly wouldnt have to upgrade.

TurboMinivan
04-16-2006, 11:53 PM
Due to its size, the PowerStroke IC is a royal pain in the arse to install. But even if you're willing to slice up the car until it fits, it isn't as fantastic as you might think. While the PS IC will outflow a single stock IC, a double core made from two stock ICs will handily outflow the PS. Indeed, I decided to upgrade from my PS IC because I didn't want the pressure drop it created... so now I have a triple core mounted in my Caravan. :D

Long story short: for the amount of trouble you go through to install it, there are far better intercooler choices out there.

-Dempsey

Chris Faulk
04-20-2006, 08:48 AM
Due to its size, the PowerStroke IC is a royal pain in the arse to install. But even if you're willing to slice up the car until it fits, it isn't as fantastic as you might think. While the PS IC will outflow a single stock IC, a double core made from two stock ICs will handily outflow the PS. Indeed, I decided to upgrade from my PS IC because I didn't want the pressure drop it created... so now I have a triple core mounted in my Caravan. :D

Long story short: for the amount of trouble you go through to install it, there are far better intercooler choices out there.

-Dempsey

Thanks Dempsey...that's the kinda information I was looking for.