PDA

View Full Version : Any Chrysler Pacifica owners?

SoCalCSX
04-06-2009, 06:05 PM
Thinking about getting one down the road so I would like to hear about you experiences with them. Likes, dislikes, problems, etc.

JDAWG
04-06-2009, 06:17 PM
Didnt own one but had tons in the shop. Honestly I always thought they kinda looked grandmaish. Not too many problems thought. Only real problem I remember is pretty much every one needs a fuel pump, or the supply pump. The AWD ones (and maybe the regular ones), have a dual chamber fuel tank thing. The supply pump pumps gas to the other side of the tank and the primary pump pumps it to the engine. Other than that just common things here and there.

edit- didnt mean tons like they are junk, just meant I worked at Chrysler dealers for the past 9 years or so. They are fairly decent cars.

shadow88
04-06-2009, 09:03 PM
I'm not an owner, but a 13 year dealer tech.

Common complaints were squeaks, rattles, snaps, clunks, electrical fancy stuff not working (nav, back up camera type of stuff.)

Common items replaced were steering racks, front struts, tie rod ends, brakes, power transfer units (awd), lower control arms, as mentioned earlier fuel pumps, radios, window regulators.

Overall, I didn't even like driving them with the huge blind spots that you can hide a daytona in, The torque steer on FWD models rivaled our cars.

The drivetrain was very good aside from the awd unit.

SoCalCSX
04-06-2009, 09:18 PM
Cool, these are the types of things I'm looking for so I know what to watch out for when I go to buy.

I wasn't too fond of the styling at first but it grew on me and with the 7 pasenger seating it's like having a minivan without having a minivan. I'm not too impressed with the styling on the newer Caravan's. To me they look like they havn't departed much from the early 90's look.

I don't think the Pacifica's look too bad
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j182/LowFourDoor/9aa1a99170_640.jpg

JDAWG
04-06-2009, 09:35 PM
i still think they are grnadma lol, everything said by shadow88 is pretty common with every chrysler vehicle and doesnt mean yours will absolutley have that problem. They are decent (alot better than some of the other junk they have, sorry). If you get one get a limited, with awd, HID lights, all that.