PDA

View Full Version : Engine: looking for a fresh-ish 2.2 shortblock or longblock

iangoround
04-06-2009, 04:31 PM
Have a semi-recently rebuilt short or long block sitting around and now need money more than another project? If so, PM or reply with specs, location and asking price and maybe we can help each other out.

tgschmid
04-08-2009, 11:20 AM
Got a t2 long block with four bolt crank. Head was reportedly ported. Just pulled from a modded GLHS that I am converting back to stock. Motor ran fine with no exhaust smoke etc.and pulled strong. Had slight head gasket leak at the far left corner of head (would steam when started for a minute and this would then go away. No oil the coolant and no coolant in the oil.) This is not a junk motor, but wanted to fully disclose. Was told the engine has only a couple of thousand miles, from the guy I bought the car from, but I cannot confirm it. The block needs to be painted. Can send with decent 2 piece intake and To4e hybrid turbo 50 trim if needed used flywheel and used centerforce clutch. My plan was to part it out for intake crank etc. I am in asheville, NC 28801. have pallet from my new motor that I could use to ship to you. If this interests you let me know. Core value on turbo, intake, exhaust, crank and rods is about $750.00.
Could ship the whole thing or just the bits that interest you. tschmid@learnlink.emory.edu

iangoround
04-08-2009, 11:51 AM
Thanks, but I'm really hoping for something closer.