PDA

View Full Version : Which clutch is for me?

Mopar318
04-04-2009, 08:25 PM
Good aftertoon TU. I dont have time to play phone tag so Im going to keep this thread for the recomendations.

Im in need of a clutch for my new setup.

My setup is a TII/A555 in a stock weight 89 Daytona. I am running a garrett t3/t4 hybrid with a .63 A/R housing and stage 2 wheel. And a 54 trim compressor. I am running a shelgame cal with anit-lag, and Max boost will be around 22 psi and a 6200 rpm rev limit. Cleaned up 782 head with ported 2-piece intake, and log manifold.

This is my street toy, but will see the track a couple times a year.

Chris W
04-04-2009, 08:48 PM
Good aftertoon TU. I dont have time to play phone tag so Im going to keep this thread for the recomendations.

Im in need of a clutch for my new setup.

My setup is a TII/A555 in a stock weight 89 Daytona. I am running a garrett t3/t4 hybrid with a .63 A/R housing and stage 2 wheel. And a 54 trim compressor. I am running a shelgame cal with anit-lag, and Max boost will be around 22 psi and a 6200 rpm rev limit. Cleaned up 782 head with ported 2-piece intake, and log manifold.

This is my street toy, but will see the track a couple times a year.

PM sent!

Chris-TU

moparzrule
04-10-2009, 10:15 AM
I'll just tell my experiences anyway. My 4 puck with blue plate was holding over 300 WHP in my shadow running mid-low 12's, and was not too bad on the street. This clutch never blinked or even thought about slipping at this power level, amazing clutch IMO. 6000 RPM launches with slicks, I never gave the clutch a thought I was worried about axles. The blue plate is great, pedal effort is no more than a stock T3 plate.
IMO the 4 puck is fine even on the street, but I like grippy/strong clutches. I'd also think a 6 puck with a yellow or purple plate would be a good choice, I have no experience with the yellow or purple plate but I do have a 6 puck/blue plate in my daily driver and it's great.