PDA

View Full Version : GLH Omni

"_"
04-03-2009, 11:07 PM
Hi peoples!

I am interested in dropping my omni GLH (85) to lessen the wheel gap and I was wondering what everyone goes with? I dont want a saggy rear :yuck: and I dont want to bring it down to a "stock like" ride height :( . I am looking for aggressive performance with a nice drop :evil: .
Are the LRE's any good :confused2: ? Anyone have them on there omni currently and can take pics for me :D ? How is the ride :o ? Was it worth it ?
Are there any other companies out there with something to try that don't require my first new born as a down payment and a rocket scientist to install?

The main reason for lowering is for looks, but I do want to improve the handling some. Please keep that in mind.

4 l-bodies
04-04-2009, 01:39 AM
LRE's are what you want. Not sure if you can still get Mopar Performance autocross springs but either one works great. Look for a drop of around 1-5.5" on all four corners. Probably should change your upper strut mounts if the car has some mileage on it. Get the Mopar strut mounts, otherwise the aftermarket ones will raise your car probably more than you want. Been there and done that. Also note Koni shocks in the rear will futher lower the back end. Ride is Fine with the stiffer springs. Koni's in the rear really stiffen things up over stock Mopar HD (GLH) shocks.
Todd

"_"
04-04-2009, 10:56 PM
Ok. Thanks will go that route.